Players Under Contract

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

Admiral wrote: 02 May 2023, 20:57 Very unpopular opinion here, I still think there’s a decent player in Crowe
6th tier just might be his level, he was bright in the pre -season games........ Crowe actually said at the Retro Gulls event he attended that he had numerous injuries prior to signing for us.
Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Kingsgull83 »

This who I would keep/ who I think we are likely to keep for next season. I think this would be the basis of decent side for next season with some good additions

Halstead
Lovett

Moxey
Donellan
Crowe (has been shocking but I think there is potential)
Martin
Wyatt (again I think there is a decent player there)

Hall
Dawson
Stobbs

Jarvis

I think Lapslie will go and although I think he is good. I guess he is expensive and can never string more than a handful of games together. So he can go.

Hansen and McGavin - whilst that have been disappointing they will be under contract and maybe playing a level down is what they need.

Perhaps we see a player like Da Silva back. I can’t see QPR keeping him and NLS might be good for him to tear up for a season.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

would agree with most of what you've said here, kingsgull83.

except on Da Silva. Thought he was rubbish. He ran around a lot - he was fast - but his end product was shocking. I'd be disappointed if that's where set our sights. Stobbs was miles better in his short time with us, putting in decent crosses.

The players you list above would be the nucleus of a very good NLS squad
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Kingsgull83 »

I agree Da Silva was over rated and we have had much better. It was more of a thought his level may be NLS.
I’ll be shocked if QPR keep him. He is young and raw
toastkid
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: david graham

Post by toastkid »

This Brucie bloke is just on here to wind people up. Ha! You gotta laugh.

"Another idiotic post...". Quote from the most "idiotic" poster of all. If he thinks I'm an idiot, then I must be doing something right! If he agrees with me, then I would have been in trouble! Chortle!
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

The problem with torquay united, well there is so many when you come to think about it.One of the biggest issues is that the connection between club and fans is rapidly breaking down, when there is a information vacuum rumours and stories abound, whose staying, whose going, I realise that certain players may be having negotiatiosns on whether to stay or go and Johnson has given them a few weeks to consider so it makes sense not to mention them, but those that have been released can undoubtedly be put in the public domain.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

culmstockgull wrote: 03 May 2023, 11:29 The problem with torquay united, well there is so many when you come to think about it.One of the biggest issues is that the connection between club and fans is rapidly breaking down, when there is a information vacuum rumours and stories abound, whose staying, whose going, I realise that certain players may be having negotiatiosns on whether to stay or go and Johnson has given them a few weeks to consider so it makes sense not to mention them, but those that have been released can undoubtedly be put in the public domain.
this is it exactly. It really shouldn't be that hard to build a connection with the fanbase. At the very least, stop treating them/us like cows to be milked whenever possible. Of course it's a business, and everybody understands that, but a football club needs to be so much more than that to be successful (especially at our level).

They said they'd update us regarding the retained list some time this week but I expect it to be no more than "This bunch have gone. This bunch are staying. This lot we've offered contracts to".

Gary Johnson has always kept his cards close to his chest in this way, and although I can kind of see why, I can't think every other club in NLS and NL is thinking "let's see what GJ is doing so we can step in and take those players"
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Chelston TUFC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Chelston TUFC »

Retained list is now on the website
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

Better be quick before McGavins sponsorship is snapped up again 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

Under Contract: Jarvis, Donellan, Crowe, Marshall, McGavin, Hanson, Hall, Moxey (latter 2 have agreed to new deal already)
Offered Contract: Lapslie, Halstead, Lovett, Stobbs
Released: Wyatt, Mensah, Koszela, Omar, Winsor, Brooks, Moyse
Returned Loans: Lawrence, Fadahunsi, Evans
Negotiations in progress: Tomlinson, Martin
No comment (still contracted elsewhere): Collins, Dawson
"Keeping Options Open": Frank Nouble

JimNichol'sdog
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by JimNichol'sdog »

I see that on the club's official site Gary Johnson is quoted as saying:

'There are several players that we have targeted, that we are now in negotiations with, and I’m very excited by the quality and the interest in our Club from players and agents alike.'

This is the same Gary Johnson that, just under 12 months' ago, spouted an absolute load of drivel about 'marquee' signings. I am afraid that I have little faith that these 'quality' players will be much of an improvement, if any, on the dross that was recruited during the last pre-season.

I wait to be proved wrong.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

I wouldn’t take any player that can’t pass a standard National League fitness test or hasn’t been able to play for at least 90% of their last season.

Our recruitment has been shocking and I haven’t got any confidence in it improving without a decent recruitment protocol put into place.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

JimNichol'sdog wrote: 03 May 2023, 16:59 I see that on the club's official site Gary Johnson is quoted as saying:

'There are several players that we have targeted, that we are now in negotiations with, and I’m very excited by the quality and the interest in our Club from players and agents alike.'

This is the same Gary Johnson that, just under 12 months' ago, spouted an absolute load of drivel about 'marquee' signings. I am afraid that I have little faith that these 'quality' players will be much of an improvement, if any, on the dross that was recruited during the last pre-season.

I wait to be proved wrong.
Fully agree Jim Mc…. The same old GJ Bull, no doubt some will be sucked in by it as they do. 🎣
Stickingitin
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stickingitin »

Just for the record when you hear the word "several" it means more than two.
Chelston TUFC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Chelston TUFC »

DevonBee wrote: 03 May 2023, 17:49 Fully agree Jim Mc…. The same old GJ Bull, no doubt some will be sucked in by it as they do. 🎣
Defo

Ooohh i must now buy a season ticket.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me