Torquay v Wrexham Tickets

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

Brewers boy wrote: 18 Mar 2023, 20:52 If there's nothing to play for by then let em have the whole 7.000 or so. At least it would give us a bit of dosh to start next season. :)
Isn't the capacity 6,500? Still, it is Wrexham and no doubt they'd try it on with 7,000+.
As it's a bank holiday weekend, no doubt they'll take over the town / seafront as well...... :(
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

I'll be there.
It'll be humiliating, and we'll most likely get hammered by them on the pitch, and maybe off it as well.
It'll be the last game in this division, possibly our last as a full time professional club, so I want to be there for those reasons.
my money goes to TUFC, if this means Osbourne then so be it. If he gets a payday, it's all evidence to him that we need a successful team to make him money. Better the devil you know.
With him we're obviously in a bad position, without him we're out of existence. Take your choice.
TerryTorq
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tommy Northcott

Post by TerryTorq »

The one thing you can guarantee when you are going through a rough patch is that you will bump into someone for whom everything is working out just right. Such is our luck of having to host Wrexham on the last day of the season.
Looking at the results and the league table yesterday during what has become known as my “ Saturday 5 o’clock despair” I got to wondering if any National League records are under threat. Unsurprising I found plenty and there could be more.

Current Wrexham Notts Co
Record 7 to play 6 to play

Most Points 105 97 94
Most Wins 31 30 28
Fewest Defeats 3 2 2
Most Goals Scored 103 100 101
Biggest Goal Difference 67 65 65

Having said bollocks and aimed a kick at the cat (I don’t have a cat but I would have missed anyway) I settled down to the satisfaction that being born and brought up in Torquay where I went to school next to the ground in the early to mid 1960s, as a TUFC supporter of 60+ years I have no intention of being anything else no matter what. It is not how you perform when things are going well but how you react when things are going badly. Please stick with it everyone because you are my eyes and ears for my beloved football club.
The Eternal Optimist
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by The Eternal Optimist »

Well said TerryTorq. Next season we'll need all the true supporters to turn up, to get our team back in the NL. For fans to desert the club now would be catastrophic. Last time we were in NLS the fans did not desert the club and we were successful very quickly.
The Eternal Optimist
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by The Eternal Optimist »

Well said TerryTorq. Next season we'll need all the true supporters to turn up, to get our team back in the NL. For fans to desert the club now would be catastrophic. Last time we were in NLS the fans did not desert the club and we were successful very quickly. From the reaction of the crowd yesterday at the final whistle, there are still plenty of people who care enough about the club.
eddie6817
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by eddie6817 »

What do you guys think are my chances of getting a ticket for this game home from the United States after 12 years. Born bred in Torquay seen it all the great Stubbs years the Webb disaster the famous 2-1 FA cup win over West Ham etc etc..
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

eddie6817 wrote: 26 Mar 2023, 17:53 What do you guys think are my chances of getting a ticket for this game home from the United States after 12 years. Born bred in Torquay seen it all the great Stubbs years the Webb disaster the famous 2-1 FA cup win over West Ham etc etc..
Get the West Ham score right if you want to pretend to be a Torquay fan.
GULL 67
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by GULL 67 »

1 - 0 Paul Hirons (wonder where he is now?). Bet Lou Macari was gutted!!! Great Times!
toastkid
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: david graham

Post by toastkid »

Go to another home game instead.
At least then we'd see that you are genuine and the club could always do with more support at the non glamour games.
eddie6817
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by eddie6817 »

Sorry about getting the West Ham score wrong and l even kept the programe no excuse. I should have mentioned our more than famous 3-3 FA cup draw with Tottenham although being 8 years old at the time l had a tough time seeing over the heads of that massive crowd. I think we lost the replay 5-1.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Go to a home game before the Wrexham one, make sure you wear a yellow top and not a red one though.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

I'm sure Eddie is genuine as he's posted before and joined over 4 years ago !
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

As a season ticket holder I can get extra tickets and don’t mind helping out genuine Torquay fans but they’d need to prove the support us and explain why they have t been to a home match in the last two years.
eddie6817
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by eddie6817 »

Yes l am genuine geez l haven't been to a home game as I've been out of the UK for 12 years. In saying that due to my age I've probably attended more home games than a lot of you younger fellas. Anyone here attend our 8-3 annihilation of Newport County many moons ago l remember that one well. So to put matters straight no I'm not a Wrexham fan in disguise even though l may have a slight American accent after these many years. Still hoping l may get hold of a ticket.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

eddie6817 wrote: 27 Mar 2023, 20:57 Yes l am genuine geez l haven't been to a home game as I've been out of the UK for 12 years. In saying that due to my age I've probably attended more home games than a lot of you younger fellas. Anyone here attend our 8-3 annihilation of Newport County many moons ago l remember that one well. So to put matters straight no I'm not a Wrexham fan in disguise even though l may have a slight American accent after these many years. Still hoping l may get hold of a ticket.
Message me and I’ll see what I can do