There's No Pleasing Some People

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Victor Kasule
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

There's No Pleasing Some People

Post by Victor Kasule »

Dear Torquay,

Can you get this bloke to do the team talk tomorrow please. http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/tufc/ ... ticle.html

Love,
Shrewsbury.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I dont know,CHRISTOPHER R MILTON so i wont be offensive,oh hang on what the heck..what a total and utter K@@B :)

Dear Shrewsbury
While we are in with a chance ,our manager/team and fans will do all in there power to see us promoted.
Love from Torquay :clap:
Formerly known as forevertufc
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Unfortunately, it seems he's not alone. More than a few fans have suggested we might be better off staying where we are. Absolutely bizarre. It's been suggested some of the board have their reservations too. And even the manager, who is potentially off to pastures new, might have an easier decision if we stay down! Only at TUFC. And we wonder why we can't persuade 3,000 to come and watch us most weeks. I'm getting a nasty feeling about tomorrow.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

Sheffield Utd v Torquay
Sheffield Wed v Torquay
Preston v Torquay
Charlton v Torquay

Or

Aldershot v Torquay
Crawley v Torquay
Macclesfield v Torquay
Barnet v Torquay
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

"I AM NOT a glass half full person but, much as my heart wants United to win promotion in the play-offs, we should be careful what we wish.."

A brain half full person, obviously
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
Smithys
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Smithys »

what is this guy talking about, with all due respect, what kind of supporter should be thinking like that amongst the excitement of the play offs? Unfortunately down here in Devon we are out of the way but, and we would struggle financially, however we could well lose our manager, and a few ambitious players, and before we know it, be struggling down at the bottom end of the Football league, and id much rather travel to Preston than ... Aldershot!
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Certainly had a "Bateson/Hancox our football skils school is doing crap cos Argyle owe us a shed load of money that we have no chance of getting" ring about it don't you think ?????
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

You'll find supporters like these are the same supporters who slag off the team for 90 mins and constantly shout "sort it out buckle" whilst not acknowledging good performances. The same fans that call for Buckles head after he has lost a couple of games. The same people who write in to the Herald asking for the police to move Moses Peter from his bench at Livermead.
These people revel in misery and moaning and should be ignored by the majority of us who dream of better things.

Onwards and upwards :scarf:
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

Parry wrote:You'll find supporters like these are the same supporters who slag off the team for 90 mins and constantly shout "sort it out buckle" whilst not acknowledging good performances. The same fans that call for Buckles head after he has lost a couple of games.
I doubt that. The so called "fans" you refer to, wouldnt have the IQ to realise that there are financial implications that come with playing in a higher division. They may not be insurmountable but they are still there.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

I read that in the Herald this morning and it's a classic example of the mindset that goes back donkeys years. Here's how I felt reading that this morning . . . :@

Now it's made its way here, here's my current mood . . . :@ :@ :@

To the Gulls Postbag letter writer : F*CK OFF AND TAKE YOUR NEGATIVITY WITH YOU.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Parry wrote:The same people who write in to the Herald asking for the police to move Moses Peter from his bench at Livermead.
Ooooh, is that who that guy is? the dude waving? He never used to be there and when I was in the bay a few weeks back he waved. I waved back, but I had no idea who he was.

Cheered me up, though.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

moses peter to replace buckle!! never heard of him but i like the sound of the man already!!

promotion please, sheffield will suddenly be the centre of tufc's world!! and i'm gonna love it!!
still keeping the faith
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Moses Peter has a simple message with every wave : HAPPINESS :clap: :bow: :clap:

I haven't done a Torquay to Paignton seafront walk this year, but when I do, I hope to meet the happy sage and go from this . . . :@ to this . . . :)
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Plymouthgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branston

Post by Plymouthgull »

I can't stand this negative attitude. Its portrayed by people who are scared of success and cannot manage it. I'm with Trojan on this - this person can p*** right off. I want promotion for my beloved club. ' Be careful what you wish for' - load of bo**ocks!!!
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Thing that anouys me, people assume just because we was in the play offs this season that were be round the same again next season. There are no promises of that.

I feel if we dont take our chances now we may not get a better one for few seasons.

I hope we go up, play some bigger sides, get bigger gates at home due to to the big clubs away support and fans wanting to see the bigger sides.
Tbh i reckon we could survie in league 1 with a simular budget to this season. Teams like yeovil, brentford can do it so why cant we?
League 1 we would never expect to be at the top end, if we can survie a a season or two up there thats more money than we would get in league 2.

Whats the diffrence of this season going up to rotherham and your lincons, just the same as going up to sheff wednesday and united. People are picking wholes when the travel is no diffrent to this season if you really think about it.