Gary Johnson, stick or twist?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Do you support GJ?

Poll ended at 17 Jan 2023, 14:06

Yes - keep him
52%
No - get rid
48%

Total votes: 69

culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

It is difficult to believe that we will escape relegation with this squad, would you as an owner invest anything further based on johnsons acquisitions, I think the phrase throwing good after bad springs to mind. I do not think Johnson will own anything, he never has, listen back to all the post match drivel and it is always the players who are faulty, didnt put in a shift or switched off, we need more quality or best of all the wind got up, never his selections or style of play that is at fault, or that he acquired sub standard players for this league,
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

An Old breed manager set in his ways I am afraid. If we want Old School get Warnock in to save us on a 6 month deal , he would get these molecoddled Underachievers
to pull their fingers out. At least we would go down fighting. Every interview and the excuses are beyond a joke.....and the Interviewer needs to grow some with his pathetic questioning. It was a 6 pointer, a must win and he Interviews Johnson like he is a relation that has not seen him for
6 years. Need a Jeff Shreeves to ask some serious stuff , get to the bottom of what has actually happened or rather hasn't
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

I don't know,but I'm pretty confident that the guy asking GJ questions is 1) on the payroll 2) told to go easy and 3) a "yes" man i.e.they tell him what to ask,and he goes along with that, quite a cushy number really
Chelston TUFC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Chelston TUFC »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 27 Nov 2022, 11:57 I don't know,but I'm pretty confident that the guy asking GJ questions is 1) on the payroll 2) told to go easy and 3) a "yes" man i.e.they tell him what to ask,and he goes along with that, quite a cushy number really
4) even in consideration of points 1 to 3 are making a hash of it and reduces credibility of GJ in providing sincere and honest responses which further raises question marks of his ability to move the team forward
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

Maybe they should do a job swap........we might get better results !
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 27 Nov 2022, 11:57 I don't know,but I'm pretty confident that the guy asking GJ questions is 1) on the payroll 2) told to go easy and 3) a "yes" man i.e.they tell him what to ask,and he goes along with that, quite a cushy number really
If he is on the payroll, then like many others on the playing staff he needs to come off it.
Far too many making a living here at Torquay. Money being paid out for no apparent reason...while this is happening nothing will change.

On another note...the 2 x World Cup Semi Finals are on tuesday 13th and wednesday 14th when some comedian has selected the date for
our next Home game........we have the choice watching 2 of the best teams in the World play football for an elite prize in the Final or the alternative

Anybody want to guess the attendance at Plainmoor ?
Or do we think that someone , somewhere might wish to change this date for the next Home game ?
Chelston TUFC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Chelston TUFC »

DevonBee wrote: 27 Nov 2022, 12:10 Maybe they should do a job swap........we might get better results !
Haha.....couldnt do worse tbh
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Gloomy Gull »

I take your point but enough is enough ! BUT nothing will change as Osborne does not give a damn what division we are in that is obvious as any normal club would have acted by now.
[/quote]

:goodpost: That is becoming increasingly apparent as results fail to improve.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

Not many comments from the keep Gary Johnson fans on here....amazing those that were saying stick with him , that soo many have disappeared
I guess many (not all) are the keyboard warriors that fail to attend matches and just view the comments on here and log off.
Come on join in,
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

The interviewer IS on the TUFC payroll. It is, I believe the "Media Manager", so yes he will not ask any proper questions! In other words a YES man, who wants to keep his job.....much like Dave Thomas, tells you one thing and prints another because he does not want to upset the Club.
Chelston TUFC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Chelston TUFC »

Gloomy Gull wrote: 27 Nov 2022, 12:48 I take your point but enough is enough ! BUT nothing will change as Osborne does not give a damn what division we are in that is obvious as any normal club would have acted by now.
:goodpost: That is becoming increasingly apparent as results fail to improve.
[/quote]

There's a patch of grass in the middle of Swindon Greyhound track that would be perfect for the SDN Gulls
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I'm still here and still think stick.
Quite amusing seeing some of you disappear when we have a win but until one of you Sherlocks come up with a viable replacement I'm standing behind an experienced manager to add a couple of players to see us ease up the table to safety with a few games to go 😉
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Chelston TUFC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Chelston TUFC »

Southampton Gull wrote: 27 Nov 2022, 18:33 I'm still here and still think stick.
Quite amusing seeing some of you disappear when we have a win but until one of you Sherlocks come up with a viable replacement I'm standing behind an experienced manager to add a couple of players to see us ease up the table to safety with a few games to go 😉
Paul Tisdale, Paul Wotton, Scott Bartlett
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

Welcome back SG I thought u were in Qatar on a scouting mission to find us a decent midfielder or 3.
I think a few have come up with a few names..one said Tisdale, Warnock has been at Plainmoor a couple of times...I can imagine what he thinks of it all. I respect your thinking on Johnson, but I think most that have seen this total disaster of a season so far would want us easing up the table a lot sooner than with a few games to go.

We had the freak win over Aldershot, but many fail to have said that the Shots main defender and centre half went off injured early on, allowing Jarvis the freedom to get his hat-trick that evening. That is the harsh reality of it all.
3 wins and nearly half way and for that alone it is Johnson out for me.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

Chelston TUFC wrote: 27 Nov 2022, 19:24 Paul Tisdale, Paul Wotton, Scott Bartlett
Good shout and all 3 would be on a lot less than Johnson I would imagine.