Shrews fans on Branno

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Awayday wrote:50 games with us, 12 yellow cards, 2 goals, no red cards....... let them sing all their efforts on Branton, fine by us, the less they get behind their own team who are still 2-0 down the better for us Yellow Army getting behind our team and getting through to the final. I would much rather be singing "2-0 to the Torquay Boys" than going on about how fat their defender is....... (apart from when we play Crawley, because Evans does need a fork lift truck to be fair).

1 red at Grimsby mate.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

Not according to the OS, I thought he was sent off at one point.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

Just been on Shrews forum PMSL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They have 1 thread going on about how they all went to give Branno and Robinson stick and then on the same guys on another thread saying how they need to get behind their team................ I hope they are all going to be confused on Friday and end up ballsing it all up.
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

Awayday wrote:Just been on Shrews forum PMSL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They have 1 thread going on about how they all went to give Branno and Robinson stick and then on the same guys on another thread saying how they need to get behind their team................ I hope they are all going to be confused on Friday and end up ballsing it all up.
Whilst we go and make a shed load of noise and roar our team to OT ^.^

The drum shall be in attendance, yes?
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

basil75 wrote:I'm starting to wonder whether I actually want promotion because we might as well be in the premiership already with all these MASSIVE clubs in league 2.

Disappointed in Shrewsbury tbh - you'd have thought their trip down to non league not long a go (having been very similar to us in that it seemed a long time coming) would have humbled them a bit, but alas not. It seems a bit of money and a shiny new stadium have gone to their heads.
In fairness all clubs have an idiot minority. Stevenage is a town full of chavs (allegedly), but they still resisted the temptation to invade the pitch at the end of their game last night. And with a capacity as small as ours, we should have sold out the other night. 4,100 is quite pathetic.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

My personal favourite on the thread was this beauty from 'GrizzlyShrew'

"We have got better players, they just don't show it in some games"
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Plymouthgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branston

Post by Plymouthgull »

Can't believe it was only 4,100 approx - been to Plainmoor enough to be able to judge the crowd pretty well. Seemed more than 4,000 to me. Does this figure include away fans? As far as Shrews winding up Branston - forget it -too much of a professional for that !
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

For years a number we've played teams with a big bruising brute of a centre back and on this site we'd all post comments and insults and highlight so called weaknesses like lack of pace, donkey, dirty etc etc.

In reality we all wanted one ourselves and it was something we were clearly missing.

Now we have one and isn't it great :lol:
eastyorksgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: BRANSTON

Post by eastyorksgull »

well these shrews fans seem to be worried by the presence of branno,as been stated in a previous post,hes to professional to be be wound up,to be honest i think he thrives on it,let them shrews to there worst to him and robinson,going to have a small wager that branno and robinson both score on fri...simon
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

My line of thinking would actually be to drop Robinson, for a variety of reasons - one of which is the atmosphere.

Nothing against Jake, loved some of his work for us. However it would be massively gung-ho of Buckle to play 4 forwards away from home. With Shrewsbury having to attack us, it may allow us to hit them on the counter but of course it could work against us. It might be more favourable to reinstate Oastler, move O'Kane "into the hole" and consequently drop one of our forwards.

Had I been typing this Saturday morning I would have said drop Tomlin, but after his performance on Saturday he's pretty much untouchable along with Zebs. So that leaves Kee and Robinson.................

What with the nature of the occaison and circumstance, its inevitable that Robinson is going to take ALOT of stick. The booing is going to get the crowd whipped up and vocal, and no doubt that will end up in quite a fierce atmosphere. So I'm thinking - drop Jake to the bench, thus no booing (well, less booing) and less of an atmosphere. We still have 3 forwards on the field, plus a bit more of a shored-up midfield.

But then what do I know, Bristol Rovers haven't called me yet!
Victor Kasule
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Victor Kasule »

Boom Boom wrote:"It's only torquay FFS"

"4,100 is a pathetic crowd"

"They'll only bring 300 on friday"

The list goes on. Head over to the Blue & Amber to see more classic quotes like these. To be fair, a few Shrews fans are giving us (deserved) credit but there are quite a few others coming up with the tripe as shown above.
To be fair mate, there's about 5-6 people saying things like that and most of them are known to say stupid, ignorant things all the time. They are making us look arrogant but don't judge us by the few people on there who always have to open their big mouths to blurt out a load of nonsense.

At the end of the day we only took 600ish down to your place so we can't talk, and even if you have got smaller support it's how you get behind the team that counts - and you guys did yourselves proud on Saturday.

I've no idea how Friday will go - an early goal for one of us will obviously have a massive bearing - but we can't play any worse (and really should play a lot better) so if you play as well again it should be a cracking game. Hear's to it. :clap:
eastyorksgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: BRANSTON

Post by eastyorksgull »

understand what your saying jeff,but on the flipside to that,do you think jake will want to show what he is capable of,i like to think that both jake and branno will be up for this
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

"5 or 6" yeah that's "quite a few" in my book Vic. ;-)

You're alright Vic, Hazbo's alright, infact all of the Shrewsbury fans on here are alright, but looking at some of the comments on B&A you can understand our negative reaction.

End of the day it's harmless banter & it's not gunna hurt anyone. Looking forward to Friday & go easy on Jake Robinson. :)
Victor Kasule
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Victor Kasule »

Oh if I was you I'm sure I'd be loving some of the things being said! To be honest I'd rather cheer on the players wearing blue than target Robinson for any abuse, hoping for a cracking atmosphere with both sets of fans making some noise. Would be interesting to see how your players would react to an early goal for us, whther they got twitchy and sat back or kept attacking looking for a goal to put them back in control. Pressure does funny things to the mind after all. But at the same time an early goal for you and I'd be very surprised if we came back.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Yeah, lets have their "right back" Gradison go diving on Jakey again, playing against 10 men would be great. Better yet, let one of then go flying in on Pickles too, maybe against 9 men we could hit double figures.
Clowns!

I'm sure they are the VAST minority, but there really are some people knocking about who ought really have fallen foul of Darwinian selection by now.

As for can't play any worse, I'm not sure, you gave it a bloody good go last time you were at Plainmoor.

Yup, we are only Torquay, we are a little club with a little ground and not a massive fanbase, but the table doesn't lie and nor does the score board, at the moment we are the 7th best team in L2, making us one of the 75 or so best clubs in England. Presently, we are qualifying for a place in the L2 playoff final, win that, and we are one of the four best sides in L2. Then, next year, we'll be in L1, I'm sure AC Northampton and the like will still be making pointless noises, hopping up and down and gesticulating wildly towards their 6000+ gates and whinging about how it's not fair that they're so shit and so far below little old Torquay United. Well, I've got news for you boys, we are where we are on merit, because, funny old thing, points are awarded based on results, not the number of fans through the turnstiles, or the wages you pay or the number of half time pies you sell.
How long will it last, I wonder. What about if we're in the top half of L1, small club then? L1 playoffs? Championship? Champions League final?

300 away fans? Firstly, what relevance has that, if we bring fewer than 300, do Shrewsbury get a man advantage? Does our keeper have to play with one hand on his gentleman sausage all game? No, thought not, it means absolutely nothing. Secondly, I'll have 10p with anyone game that we take more to you than you bought to us.

4100, please, do pull the other one. I don't know what the club are playing at, but there is no way on God's green earth that there were as few as that there on Saturday. The Family Stand was full, the Grandstand was as good as full and the Popside was busy in places it had forgotten it had places.

Oh, and one final thing, only Torquay it may be, but lest we forget, 'only' Torquay are leading 8-1 on aggregate this season, and that is in no way a fair reflection on the disparity in quality between the two sides.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"