Ex-Gull watch

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Well-spotted - deliberate mistake of course!!
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

TUFCfan
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by TUFCfan »

Covolan sent off again for Port Vale. This time for coming out of his area to collect a back pass, then loses possession and brings down Nicke Kabamba who was through on goal. Not a great start to his Port Vale career unfortunately.
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

That must be a record!
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

John Turner has been installed to run The Gulls Nest on match days.
I would like to see him and his wife/partner running the bars and restaurant.
It has been a shambles for too long, needs a professional approach. The whole facility has under achieved with questionable people running it with no qualifications.
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Willowgull »

Opi Edwards signed for Forrest Green Rovers.
smw1989
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by smw1989 »

Muzzy to Gillingham
Griff1n
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Danis Salman

Post by Griff1n »

CullyGull
Trialist
Trialist

Post by CullyGull »

[quote="North Curry House" post_id=257528 time=1628417484 user_id=24665]
John Turner has been installed to run The Gulls Nest on match days.
I would like to see him and his wife/partner running the bars and restaurant.
It has been a shambles for too long, needs a professional approach. The whole facility has under achieved with questionable people running it with no qualifications.

Think this is a little harsh Mr Curry to be fair (in my HO). Although I can`t personally speak from experience regarding the restaurant Stewpot did a sterling job in boots and laces until it was closed due to covid. From a place that was devoid of passion, personality and quite frankly a depressing shit pit that was to be avoided as it felt like it had the plague, it was turned into one of the best pubs in the bay. Good luck to John, I hope he does well, and to Stew, all the best and thanks for returning boots to the fans, I will never forget the aftermath and carnage of Eastbourne, what a day that was !

Shane
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

Elliot Romain was a non-scoring substitute for Ebbsfleet yesterday in their 5-1 win over Tonbridge, in the NLS.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

grockle wrote: 15 Aug 2021, 09:35 Elliot Romain was a non-scoring substitute for Ebbsfleet yesterday in their 5-1 win over Tonbridge, in the NLS.
I was at the Kuflink Stadium yesterday to watch the Angels' opening game of the season - it really was men against boys and could so easily have been 7 or 8 nil at the break to a full-time Gravesend and Northfleet side who will be up their challenging for the NLS title come the end of the season.

Romain really didn't have to do anything at all when he came on as the game had already been won at a canter in the first half. From what I've seen of the Angels in pre-season and yesterday's showing, I can guarantee that they won't be bothering the play-offs.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

United62 wrote: 15 Aug 2021, 13:39 I was at the Kuflink Stadium yesterday to watch the Angels' opening game of the season - it really was men against boys and could so easily have been 7 or 8 nil at the break to a full-time Gravesend and Northfleet side who will be up their challenging for the NLS title come the end of the season.

Romain really didn't have to do anything at all when he came on as the game had already been won at a canter in the first half. From what I've seen of the Angels in pre-season and yesterday's showing, I can guarantee that they won't be bothering the play-offs.
I see that Ebbsfleet have a squad of 24 players, a luxury not all clubs can afford. They must be one of the favourites for their league, along with Maidstone and Dartford. I understand only 3 teams being relegated from step 2 this season, which probably means Tonbridge won't be worrying about the other end of the table either!
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

grockle wrote: 15 Aug 2021, 14:50 I see that Ebbsfleet have a squad of 24 players, a luxury not all clubs can afford. They must be one of the favourites for their league, along with Maidstone and Dartford. I understand only 3 teams being relegated from step 2 this season, which probably means Tonbridge won't be worrying about the other end of the table either!
I do hope you're wrong about Maidstone :keepie:
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Griff1n
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Danis Salman

Post by Griff1n »

Jamie Ward has signed for Buxton of the Northern Premier League:-

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/ ... rd-5792993
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Sherring has signed on loan at Accrington for the season. Decent step up!
The gulls are going up