Yeovil vs Torquay United Boxing Day '19

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

I’m in!
Got mine + 3 today :clap:
TUFC__12
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Connor Evans

Post by TUFC__12 »

anyone know how many have been sold?
Yeovil123
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Yeovil123 »

Hello Yeovil fan in peace. Just wondering your guys thoughts on the gates for the two games? The game at our place you guys would be allowed up to 2000 if required terrace holds 1600 at a squeeze and 400 seats. I would say their will be 3,500 maybe 4000 if the weather is good so if you boys bring 1000 hope it won’t be far of 5000 could be wrong though are home attendances are inconsistent. Ref the game at your place do you know how many you have given us? I have just brought mine from the website and it says 739 left so I imagine we haven’t sold that many yet. I would think we will bring 700-800 I would guess would like to say we would sell out but I can’t quite see it.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

Yeovil123 wrote: 23 Dec 2019, 10:54 Hello Yeovil fan in peace. Just wondering your guys thoughts on the gates for the two games? The game at our place you guys would be allowed up to 2000 if required terrace holds 1600 at a squeeze and 400 seats. I would say their will be 3,500 maybe 4000 if the weather is good so if you boys bring 1000 hope it won’t be far of 5000 could be wrong though are home attendances are inconsistent. Ref the game at your place do you know how many you have given us? I have just brought mine from the website and it says 739 left so I imagine we haven’t sold that many yet. I would think we will bring 700-800 I would guess would like to say we would sell out but I can’t quite see it.
I understand the away terrace at Plainmoor has a capacity of 1100, and at least 200 seats are also available. So, if only bringing 700-800, no problem accommodating them. But I would have thought that the way you are playing this season, you would bring more than that. :keepie:
Yeovil123
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Yeovil123 »

Crowds dwindled big time under Darren way and the previous ownership and they haven’t really came back yet home attendances are slowly getting better. We always travel quite well to southern and London games usually take 300-400 to London based games so would think we would at least double that. It depends if we beat you Boxing Day then Sutton people maY buy one the day
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

We are desperate for something out of this game and to put a halt to our recent run of results. Now is the time for a performance for all the travelling Gulls fans.

I m told we have an interesting starting 11, I didn't ask because I wanted to enjoy my Xmas dinner. So good luck to all our travelling fans, looks like we will need our winter jackets in that away end.

Cant see us keeping a clean sheet so 2-3 to the gulls!!

Save travelling all.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Don't hold out any hope here. and with Sam Allinson as referee we have probably lost before we start.

That said Xmas always throws up some strange results.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

I saw that, if he doesn't send somebody off it will be a shock, lets just hope its not one of our lads.

Im still optimistic, I still feel we can get something out of this game.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Squad Vs Yeovil Town: MacDonald (GK), Wynter, Cameron, Hall (c), Andrews, Buse, Lemonheigh-Evans, Cundy, James, Lewington, Whitfield

SUBS: Lewis, Keating, Lumbombo-Kalala, Covolan (GK), Nemane
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Surprised to see Lewis on the bench given he’s literally been our best defender in recent matches? Can’t quite work out the formation

I would have thought Kalala earned a start after his impact as a sub in the previous game...he had the face of a very disgruntled sub coming out of the tunnel https://x.com/tufc1899/status/1210204351307878400?s=21

Good luck lads
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

FFS OLLOCKS Crap referee Allison giving atrocious decisions already !!
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Dutchgull »

What a farce
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bristol_Gull »

2-0 down. FFS

Sack the defence.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Dutchgull »

Jesus Just give up and go home. Pathetic, How many more ...record defeat ?
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bristol_Gull »

3-0 😖