Ticket sales

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Chippenham fan
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Chippenham fan »

Afternoon all, hope the ticket sales are going well. Ours go on sale again tonight but not sure what that will be like. Just an update any Torquay fans found in the home end will be asked to leave the ground will no entry back in. This will also be applied to any fan of both teams causing any trouble.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Chippenham fan wrote: 22 Mar 2019, 15:11 Afternoon all, hope the ticket sales are going well. Ours go on sale again tonight but not sure what that will be like. Just an update any Torquay fans found in the home end will be asked to leave the ground will no entry back in. This will also be applied to any fan of both teams causing any trouble.
We're likely to be sold out as I write this, and are probably going to request more if that's possible.
Rhys1991
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by Rhys1991 »

Trying to be organised.. Is anyone able to offer a lift for one? Alternatively happy to drive if people require a lift? I'm in Torquay.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

PhilGull wrote: 21 Mar 2019, 09:52 From my understanding it's quite common across the Football League/Premier League that season ticket holders are given first dibs, then other forms of membership and a free-for-all after that. Seems quite fair that those who show most loyalty get first go at these things.
We did have a membership scheme a few years back for those not wanting/needing a season ticket, does that exist now?
It is very common. We could easily implement a day for season ticket holders to get priority on away tickets.

Ideally as well we would know who buys every single ticket, even if at the turnstile and then we could give priority to people who have been to X number of games vs anyone else. Realistically this is a step too far for now to implement and also probably not needed, just a ST holder priority would sort things out.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Simple solution:

Priority 1: Season Ticket Holders who've purchased prior to a certain date (let's say, arbitrarily just to show example, 2 weeks before start of season) get first refusal on away tickets.
Priority 2: Rest of season ticket holders and "club members". Call it £20 a year or something, bung them a newsletter, but designed for those who support the team but don't go to enough home games to warrant an ST. Season ticket holders are also 'club members'.

This would add another revenue stream, but this from people who mainly spend their football money at other grounds.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

happytorq wrote: 27 Mar 2019, 18:51 Simple solution:

Priority 1: Season Ticket Holders who've purchased prior to a certain date (let's say, arbitrarily just to show example, 2 weeks before start of season) get first refusal on away tickets.
Priority 2: Rest of season ticket holders and "club members". Call it £20 a year or something, bung them a newsletter, but designed for those who support the team but don't go to enough home games to warrant an ST. Season ticket holders are also 'club members'.

This would add another revenue stream, but this from people who mainly spend their football money at other grounds.
Surely priority for away tickets should go to travel club members. After all they are the ones who regularly make sacrifices in terms of money and time to follow the club all over the country.
From what I have heard many travel club members missed out on the Woking game because the selling of the tickets was more suited to those not working.
Season ticket holders get first dibs of home cup games that should be enough for them.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Let’s face it has any previous national south team ever accounted this kind of problem.
Lucy
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

lucy6lucy wrote: 27 Mar 2019, 20:28 Let’s face it has any previous national south team ever accounted this kind of problem.
At a guess, Aldershot and AFC Wimbledon may have done.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

At large clubs it is normal for season ticket holders to get priority, then members. Many Premier League clubs also have priority schemes where supporters get points / credits for each away (and sometimes also home) game they go to, and tickets are sold in descending order of points held. Obviously this only works because all games are ticketed and the home club have a record of who they are sold to.

Ours is a more difficult situation. I'm not a season ticket holder as I live in Essex, so I get to more away games than home - more than half by the end of this season but only about a third of home games. Should someone who has a season ticket but rarely away get priority for the big end of season games over someone who has been to more away games? Hard to say. But they shouldn't have priority over those who travel from Torquay to most away games - although most of them are season ticket holders anyway.

As most of our games aren't ticketed it's not so easy to give priority to loyal away fans. The club could for example have given out vouchers at places like East Thurrock but that is hard to administer.

Perhaps there should be a compromise, for example put aside 25% of tickets for season ticket holders for sale on the first day, but after that anyone can buy.

(If we win the league I'm planning to buy a season ticket next season with my winnings on the 25-1 bet).
Rhys1991
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by Rhys1991 »

Rhys1991 wrote: 22 Mar 2019, 18:35 Trying to be organised.. Is anyone able to offer a lift for one? Alternatively happy to drive if people require a lift? I'm in Torquay.
Sorry to bump this but anyone driving or want a lift?
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

Hi

I have a spare adult ticket for this game - only looking for face value (£12) - please PM me if you are interested.
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

I now have one Adult spare for Chippenham and selling for face value - PM me if interested!