woking

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Scott Brehaut wrote: 23 Mar 2019, 21:55 Thoughts and prayers for Ben Gerring at this time....
brilliant lol post of the season!

There’s no need for that Scott really, you could have said something more heartfelt like ,,,,

“The thoughts and prayers of all at TUFC are with Ben Gerring at this very difficult time for him personally”

😂😂😂😊

Sooooooo wish I had a ticket for THAT game now
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

A reverse swing in results next Saturday could still put things up for grabs so a little bit early to get complacent.

Actually Woking is appearing not to be the biggest game at the moment - next Saturday is now massive, win that irrespective of Wokings result, and that puts us on a huge adrenalin rush going into the Chelmsford game.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

100% agree bruice but that individual asked a little bit of karma
It's reminded me somewhat of that other pillock claridge at Brentford on Boxing Day during our heady league one days.
Russel and Constantine turned on the style after he’d goaded the TQY faithful at halftime.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Dave_Pougher wrote: 24 Mar 2019, 13:02 It's reminded me somewhat of that other pillock claridge at Brentford on Boxing Day during our heady league one days.Russell and Constantine turned on the style after he’d goaded the TQY faithful at halftime.
That was such a sweet turnaround that day after such an unnecessary ‘taunting’ by the turd.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

For debate:

On the 5th March, Working FC announced on their web site they were expecting a sell out for the game against us, so for this reason they decided to ' sell tickets in advance'. Woking were selling tickets at their ground on 9th 13th and 14 March and forwarded us 1,400 tickets for advanced sells at Plainmoor which sold out overnight. At no time from the 5th March was this game announced as all ticket nor was any announcement made of segregation.

Four days ago on the 20th March, Working FC announced on their web site that the game was now going to be all ticket, and were trying to sell tickets after the Slough match as they still have many tickets left over. The have also announced that the game will be strictly segregated in so much as any Torquay fans in the ground other than in sections aligned to the tickets sent to our club - will be thrown out of the ground. ... with no refund!. Charming!

What of the numerous Torquay exiles living in Inner and Outer London who will have purchased a ticket when the first allocation was sold at the Working ground with no conditions attached - e.g. not all ticket or segregated. If the reason for refusing you entry or throwing you out was not in the original terms and conditions i.e as of the 5th Match, I am sure it can be argued that Woking FC have broken their contract with ticket purchasers and therefore the purchasers are entitled to a refund at the very least.

Some will say it was obvious it was going to be all ticket and segregated - but that is not the point. To me it is evident Woking did not think we would sell 1,400 tickets and are now worried that Torquay fans have already purchased tickets from Woking FC and are trying to cover the tracks of the bloody mess they have made. Woking FCs actions is a bit like 'shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted'.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Just for the record culmstock gull Woking are 8th in the Form Table with 8 points from 15.

United are Top with 12 from 15.
Watford Gull sort of
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Watford Gull sort of »

Afternoon all, I'll get this out in the open straight away, I am a fan of a different club but have had a soft spot for Torquay for the best part of 30 years and always try to to get to at least a game a season, either home or away.
It's just a quick note to wish you all the best in the game at Woking and of course the rest of the season. It's great to see you having a decent season especially considering how it started! If you want any advice for Woking (pubs, parking etc) please ask as my in laws live there and I was there for a game earlier in the season.
Quick question, there was a player for Torquay, probably late 80's or early 90's who had a terrible disciplinary record who I can't remember the name of. Can anybody help, I seem to remember him being sent off 8 or 9 times for Torquay
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Watford Gull sort of wrote: 28 Mar 2019, 13:54 Afternoon all, I'll get this out in the open straight away, I am a fan of a different club but have had a soft spot for Torquay for the best part of 30 years and always try to to get to at least a game a season, either home or away.
It's just a quick note to wish you all the best in the game at Woking and of course the rest of the season. It's great to see you having a decent season especially considering how it started! If you want any advice for Woking (pubs, parking etc) please ask as my in laws live there and I was there for a game earlier in the season.
Quick question, there was a player for Torquay, probably late 80's or early 90's who had a terrible disciplinary record who I can't remember the name of. Can anybody help, I seem to remember him being sent off 8 or 9 times for Torquay
Probably Dave Caldwell?
bringbackthecowshed
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tommy Mitchinson

Post by bringbackthecowshed »

Definitely Dave Caldwell what a legend he was
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

bringbackthecowshed wrote: 28 Mar 2019, 14:44 Definitely Dave Caldwell what a legend he was
He posts on here sometimes does our Dave
Watford Gull sort of
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Watford Gull sort of »

Jerry wrote: 28 Mar 2019, 14:30 Probably Dave Caldwell?
That's him! :red:
Nightrider
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Nightrider »

What a player he was for us he always gave %100 in every game,used to give defenders as good a kicking as they gave him which is why he was sent off so many times.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Caldwell scored one of the best goals I've ever witnessed at an away ground, Vs Bristol City at Ashton Gate in the f.a. Cup 05/12/1987, diving header. Fookin brilliant, won 1-0 too.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Nightrider wrote: 28 Mar 2019, 15:33 What a player he was for us he always gave %100 in every game,used to give defenders as good a kicking as they gave him which is why he was sent off so many times.
I always thought he got sent off in a case of "mistaken identity"
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Woking have made 2 more signings.
Kieron Cadogan a winger on loan from Billericay and a midfielder signed from Stevenage called James Ferry.
The thing is we have such a settled team and Woking are making lots of changes week by week which is difficult for the players.