Ticket sales

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

Rjc70 wrote: 16 Mar 2019, 21:00 1150 from Wednesday.
Apologies!! 800 adults.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

lucy6lucy wrote: 16 Mar 2019, 21:56 They obviously want to maximise income by restricting under 16’s tickets is that illegal? Either way for a team averaging under 500, I fully expect Torquay fans to invade the home end. The sooner we get out of this league the better
They aren't taking phone bookings for home fans so anyone looking to get a ticket from Chippenham would have to go there in person.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Demand is greater than the allocation. What is their capacity?
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

Rjc70 wrote: 16 Mar 2019, 22:05 Demand is greater than the allocation. What is their capacity?
3,000 - but it may be been reduced by segregation or on 'safety concerns'.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by Midlandgull »

Strange they've put a number on the concessions. Surely the usual method is best where whatever category you fall into is the ticket you buy?
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Given criticisms aimed at WSM and the way things were handled when we went to their place I think Chippenham have reacted responsibly in the circumstances.
They are neither equipped not experienced enough to handle a crowd like ours and rather than just grabbing as much money as possible have decided to place spectator safety before profit. This is to be commended.
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 16 Mar 2019, 23:10 Given criticisms aimed at WSM and the way things were handled when we went to their place I think Chippenham have reacted responsibly in the circumstances.
They are neither equipped not experienced enough to handle a crowd like ours and rather than just grabbing as much money as possible have decided to place spectator safety before profit. This is to be commended.
So you’re saying it wouldn’t be safe if they gave us the allocation we need (1800-2000 realistically), but because we’ve only got 1150 it will be?

It’s a bit of a joke how we’ve only got that many when the capacity is 3000 and they average 500... how hard is it to give us three sides of the ground and segregate accordingly, really?
musicgull
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by musicgull »

I don't understand the restrictions placed on concessions. Having waited many years to qualify for a concession ticket, I will be a little peeved (to put it politely) if these have gone and I have to pay full price.
Having said that, I'm retired , and can be in the queue when they open. :)
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

musicgull wrote: 17 Mar 2019, 17:13 I don't understand the restrictions placed on concessions. Having waited many years to qualify for a concession ticket, I will be a little peeved (to put it politely) if these have gone and I have to pay full price.
Having said that, I'm retired , and can be in the queue when they open. :)
For those of us who can't get to Plainmoor because of distance it's back to the lottery of one phone line and pot luck. Why can't season ticket holders have priority on day one of sales?
Chippenham fan
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Chippenham fan »

gullsflyinghigh wrote: 17 Mar 2019, 14:22 So you’re saying it wouldn’t be safe if they gave us the allocation we need (1800-2000 realistically), but because we’ve only got 1150 it will be?

It’s a bit of a joke how we’ve only got that many when the capacity is 3000 and they average 500... how hard is it to give us three sides of the ground and segregate accordingly, really?
The segregation gates have been in the same place for years and nobody yet has moaned about them. Just remember you have had a lot higher league status than us by along shot so have a bigger fan following. So you have to except what we and other teams in this league have because nothing will change. Why should we let you have more room and we lose all our home comforts. After all when we played at your ground we were only allowed in one corner and not behind the goal. So what’s the difference?

Our club is a lot smaller than yours run by a fantastic Chairman who would do anything for our fans. Without the help of all the volunteers we wouldn’t be here. So please except what they are doing for this football game.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

Appreciate that Chippenham Fan. Many of us thought that your club would want to maximise revenue as you could have gained another £15,000 or so from away ticket sales, but obviously that may not be easy logistically.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

What is it with people expecting everyone else to bow down before the mighty Torquay United and give us three quarters of their ground? On the rare occasion we have big teams at Plainmoor in the cups there would be uproar if they were offered more than the usual away end!
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

There was an occasion though, Mr Phil, when that happened at Plainmoor. Bateson (why is he never called Mr. Bateson?) gave away the pop. side to Birmingham City fans when we were drawn against them in an FA Cup tie (I forget the year, someone please remind me). Talk about uproar!
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

Whilst I agree with PhilGull, the thing is that at this level of football, you do not expect matches to be all ticket. You expect to be able to turn up, pay your admission, change ends at half time, and have a mixture of both sets of fans in all areas. Even with our outstanding following, I do not think any of the grounds we have visited this season were complete sell outs. Even Woking are struggling to sell 4000 tickets.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

If it wasn't for the actions of a few at Bath the Chippenham game may not have been segregated or all ticket.

I think we will have three quarters of the ground at Chippenham, so the issue is that capacity seems to have been cut, presumably for safety / security reasons.

I remember standing on the old terrace below the main stand at Plainmoor when we gave the Pop Side to Plymouth. They were going for promotion and I think we were already destined to finish bottom but be saved for some reason (Stevenage?).