woking

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

samuel wrote: 13 Mar 2019, 10:40 I agree with Brucie! I think Woking will wilt. Even if they don't and they win the league, we would be in pole position for the play offs. We have got our one rogue home game under Johnstone out of the way with the WSM defeat.
Woking fans don't!

http://www.cardsboard.co.uk/forum/viewt ... e59090b094

:lol:
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

They seem to know brucie well enough though.

In all seriousness the only people to blame if we don't get automatic promotion will be ourselves. Owers should have been sacked for getting us relegated but instead we gave Woking a 10 game head start before Gary Johnson came in and sorted out the formation tactics and team selection. Fair play to Woking for matching a professional outfit and good luck to them in the play offs 😉
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Yes course - he added on 4 mins of extra time in 45 minutes and then came up with another nigh on 2 mins in 4 mins.

If that had happened in the premier league he would never get to referee another game. We all know that's the minimum amount that hes going to add on but hes come up with nigh on half of what hes added in the whole second half.

He obviously didn't think that Oxfords time wasting in normal play was particularly exceptional as he only added on 4 minutes.

But adding on 1 minute 40 seconds on top of 4 additional minutes? How anyone cannot see that is a complete farce is beyond me.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I agree with brucie as well.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

It was a minimum of 4.could have been 4m59s and then at that stage of the game there's going to be other reasons to add on time. Just sound like a bitter armchair fan to me let alone Woking fans.

Get a grip man, you weren't there anyway so you're going on hearsay.
Dave

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

wivelgull wrote: 13 Mar 2019, 17:27 I agree with brucie as well.
You're old enough to have developed a mind of your own by now surely?
Dave

Torquay4eva
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Torquay4eva »

brucie wrote: 13 Mar 2019, 17:17 Yes course - he added on 4 mins of extra time in 45 minutes and then came up with another nigh on 2 mins in 4 mins.

If that had happened in the premier league he would never get to referee another game. We all know that's the minimum amount that hes going to add on but hes come up with nigh on half of what hes added in the whole second half.

He obviously didn't think that Oxfords time wasting in normal play was particularly exceptional as he only added on 4 minutes.

But adding on 1 minute 40 seconds on top of 4 additional minutes? How anyone cannot see that is a complete farce is beyond me.
There's me thinking I was the numpty on this board!
Minimum of 4 minutes and in that 4 minutes you can garuntee Oxford would have time wasted.
I've seen PLENTY of premier div games go over and beyond that time.
Doesn't make their winner feel any better but please don't go spouting crap as you make us all look like dickheads.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Who gives a shit how they won last night? Nothing we can do about it. The only games I’m interested in are ours....win all of them and we finish top.

The pressure is all on them rather than us anyway.....we were given no hope when GJ took over and now look at us.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

brucie wrote: 13 Mar 2019, 10:45 If you had added on 35% of additional time in the second half the board would have been showing 15 minutes 75 seconds.
15 mins and 75 seconds! That’s 16 minutes and 15 seconds. I agree it seems they’ve likely had a share of luck there, though.

We can’t affect what happens in their games other than on 6th April so there’s no point stewing for too long on this.

I feel reasonably confident they won’t get 9 points from Bath, Welling and Chelmsford away, but you never know, they might. Just got to keep on winning ourselves.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Torquay4Eva - as has already been pointed out to you , you are on the wrong board so once again Begone Woking Troll............ -> -> -> ->
CardinalNewman
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Jason Banton

Post by CardinalNewman »

brucie wrote: 13 Mar 2019, 17:17 Yes course - he added on 4 mins of extra time in 45 minutes and then came up with another nigh on 2 mins in 4 mins.

Hi Brucie,

As you are very interested in the subject of how much time was added on in our match last night I can give you some official answers as the cameraman that braved the Oxford City gantry in the wind last night.

4 minutes of additional time was shown at approx 89:54. From 90:00 onwards the ball was out of play for approx 3 minutes and 6 seconds (plus 68 milliseconds).
This included approx 1 minute and 14 seconds of Oxford City pretending that they thought it was a free kick and not a throw in, along with an extra 41 seconds booking the nearest player he could find to the throw in.
This also included the ball leaving the ground twice with delays in receiving a new ball, as well as the delay after the award of our free kick.

The ball left Harvey Bradbury's boot at approx 95 minutes and 25 seconds (plus 11 milliseconds) and hit the back of the net at approx 95 minutes and 27 seconds (plus 08 milliseconds).

I hope this helps.

To the rest of you, I for one am thoroughly enjoying the title race and cannot wait for the match in April. What a fantastic spectacle it will be for both clubs and the league. Much better then being in a relegation battle...

Andy
Torquay4eva
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Torquay4eva »

brucie wrote: 13 Mar 2019, 19:26 Torquay4Eva - as has already been pointed out to you , you are on the wrong board so once again Begone Woking Troll............ -> -> -> ->
Sorry....was I right ?
Dick
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Woking won as they should of done. All this added on time for goal, wouldn’t even be debated had we done it. How many times have Man U done it. Let’s get over it, and concentrate on our matches. We are very much in control of our destiny.
Lucy
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Hi Andy. Thanks for clearing it up for brucie but don't be surprised if he disputes what you've said as he had a much better view than yourself from his armchair in North Devon.

It's certainly been an interesting season and as you say, April 6th will be a great football event. See you there.
Dave

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Brucie knows best...

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com