Bath Away jan 19th

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

gateman49 wrote: 20 Jan 2019, 11:59 I think we should be careful about pushing too much of the blame, although I am not saying there weren't fans from other clubs. There were definitely a number of Torquay fans in that group with and without colours.
TUST number 080
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

It's a great shame that the focus is on fans' misbehaviour rather than the match itself.
Jpr
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark loram

Post by Jpr »

Post them to the police Torquay and bath city and to all football clubs and all the forums so people can see them and get them court by the police name and shame,and this will then get them band from any ground in the country who ever the animals are, 😁😁
Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Kingsgull83 »

gateman49 wrote: 20 Jan 2019, 11:59 Having slept on the matter and reflected on what I saw at very close quarters it seems blindingly obvious to me that the crowd trouble was caused by an external element. It's not rocket science to work out that Bristol City were away yesterday and neither were they playing at Ashton gate when we played WSM.

When I (perhaps foolishly) went and remonstrated with the idiots after our second goal I only saw one with a blue and yellow scarf. All the rest had no identifiable allegiance which is strange behaviour for true Torquay fans (even that scarf could have been sourced from elsewhere). Neither did I recognise any of them as Plainmoor faithful.

In addition, I witnessed some strange happenings at the kick off as there were two separate centres of chanting. One was behind the goal and contained many faces that I did recognise so it was clearly comprised of Torquay fans. They threw balloons etc into the air when the players came out and were in a boisterous and noisy mood but no more.

The segregation barrier which divides the away end roughly two thirds and one third had all of its access gates open and I and my family had taken a position in what I thought was a quieter part of the away end in the 'one third' part beyond the barrier. Just before kick off a group of about 50 or so had formed in front of where we were stood and when our fans started to chant they opened up with one of their own. My opinion is that, if they were also genuine Torquay fans they would have joined the main group behind the goal but they stayed where they were until we scored our first.

It was then that they ran to the dividing fence and were joined by a bunch of Bath thugs for that initial punch up.

Eventually, the police had 'spotters' where the trouble flared so I presume that they may be able to help identify where the thugs were from and a photographer arrived half way through the second half taking a considerable number of photos of these hooligans so that too could be used for evidence gathering as well as the photos taken from within the Bath enclosure.

I hope that lessons have been learned as we still have one more match to play not too far from Bristol.
I am sorry to say but if you truly believe this then you are very naive.
Why couldn’t Torquay fans be the culprits for said behaviour? Yes they may not be scalf wearing regulars but from what I could see they were from Torquay and wanna be Danny Dyer youths.

I recognised some old faces (sad middle aged men) from years ago who I am sure turn up for big games now to throw their weight around against small teams.

The fighting was a disgrace and a poor reaction to going a goal behind. I personally don’t have a problem with the odd smoke bomb or a couple of people spilling onto the pitch to celebrate a sling as it is good natured. This has always and will always take place at football up and down the country.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

I think the point should be made, that whilst not acceptable, the fighting (such as it was) was only between a few individuals on both sides, both of whom chose to get involved. It wasn't 'innocent fans' being attacked.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

yellowsmiffy wrote: 20 Jan 2019, 12:48 I've got some very clear photos and vids of those involved. Is it against forum rules to post them on here in a name and shame?
Well I’d certainly like to see them, I’m not sure who else would but I’d just like to see how many have seen them at a TQY match before
Not to name them just to get an idea who has ever seen them

standupsitdown also makes a point
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

yellowsmiffy wrote: 20 Jan 2019, 12:48 I've got some very clear photos and vids of those involved. Is it against forum rules to post them on here in a name and shame?
Send a pm to satnav. He is in a position to do the right thing with such info.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper

Post by gateman49 »

Kingsgull83 wrote: 20 Jan 2019, 14:20 I am sorry to say but if you truly believe this then you are very naive.
Why couldn’t Torquay fans be the culprits for said behaviour? Yes they may not be scalf wearing regulars but from what I could see they were from Torquay and wanna be Danny Dyer youths.

I recognised some old faces (sad middle aged men) from years ago who I am sure turn up for big games now to throw their weight around against small teams.

The fighting was a disgrace and a poor reaction to going a goal behind. I personally don’t have a problem with the odd smoke bomb or a couple of people spilling onto the pitch to celebrate a sling as it is good natured. This has always and will always take place at football up and down the country.
I saw what I saw and I make no claim to have seen all of the idiots but only those around me. I saw nobody that I recognised but if others from Torbay were involved then they are just as bad but they are not Plainmoor attendees.

Are you seriously stating what you think in your last paragraph or are you winding me up because the implications are appalling? You are naive if you think that smoke bombs (which could kill) and invading the pitch are ok.
Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Kingsgull83 »

No deadly serious, but I am happy to be proved wrong on the smoke bomb front, I can’t remember seeing any smoke bomb related deaths. Just a quick search and you can even buy them on amazon. ‘Alexa buy me a smoke bomb’
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper

Post by gateman49 »

Kingsgull83 wrote: 20 Jan 2019, 15:47 No deadly serious, but I am happy to be proved wrong on the smoke bomb front, I can’t remember seeing any smoke bomb related deaths. Just a quick search and you can even buy them on amazon. ‘Alexa buy me a smoke bomb’
I'm sure that one can buy lots of dangerous things quite easily and with the correct licence you can buy a gun.

How about this piece of advice from https://www.peppermintbars.co.uk/flares ... l-matches/

'Smoke bombs also burn at high temperatures and are not designed for use in confined spaces. They can cause panic in a tightly packed crowd and trigger asthma attacks.

Alan Weir, Head of Medical Services at St John Ambulance, said: “We know that St John Ambulance volunteers have treated people for burns and smoke inhalation caused by flares at several football grounds. These cases could have led to disfigurement or other serious injuries.'
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by Midlandgull »

I've put together a vlog from yesterday - if you're interested take a look. Great day, shame about the result! COYY!

:scarf:
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Nice vlog Midlandgull.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

It's not against the rules (M) but probably best to send them to the club and they can decide what to do with regard to Police etc. Most I would expect they would rather deal with privately so as to lessen the impact on the Club if you get my drift.

We could leave ourselves open if something was misconstrued but that's just my personal view, I'm sure Louis and the others would agree.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

Bloggy wrote: 20 Jan 2019, 20:31 Nice vlog Midlandgull.
Totally agree! Great vlog Midland gull and thanks for sharing! For an exiled Torquay fan really enjoyable watch. I know there seems like there were a few idiots there! But on the whole seems like a terrific atmosphere. Sometimes it's so hard to believe we are in national league south with the support!
10 years ago Bournemouth were 5th from bottom in league 2! Maybe the next 10 years will be the story of Torquay rising!! Here's hoping!
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by Midlandgull »

Cheers guys, I'll do more vlogs in the future if people enjoy them! I forgot to film a lot of the time, especially first half but I think it turned out OK!

Agrew with what you're saying about Bournemouth. Also Huddersfield and even teams like Burton - so many punch above their weight and for me it's about having a big plan (aiming for the stars and landing on the moon approach) and having fun along the way. Anything in possible. We just have to take it one step at a time and keep playing our way - Bournemouth have set backs but never detract from their ethos on and off the pitch.