Gloucester City v Torquay United 27/08/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Nightrider
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Nightrider »

Don't think our forwards could hit a barn door at ten paces.
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

SWgull wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 17:07 I hope not. He is not doing a great job and yes he should go but he doesn't deserve to be treated like that.
The behaviour of some of our fans was embarrassing today.
TUFC__12
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Connor Evans

Post by TUFC__12 »

Road2League2 wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 17:00 Is this legend true that a beer was thrown over G.O?
Yeah mate, I was stood in front of him shouting abuse at the age of twelve😂 that was the best part of the day
SWgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by SWgull »

Orange Gull wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 17:06 That was utterly abysmal. Spent the second half standing by the dugout, Owers was scathing of his players, in particular Bawling. We just never looked like scoring.
Sounds like he is losing/lost the proverbial dressing room. If so, there is no coming back from that.
TUFC__12
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Connor Evans

Post by TUFC__12 »

Behaviour of these young lads today was appalling very embarrassing
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

Well it's his own team now and what a complete shambles it is ,proves he's Not up to it ,how long do you need to find out he's not up to the job
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Orange Gull wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 17:06 That was utterly abysmal. Spent the second half standing by the dugout, Owers was scathing of his players, in particular Bawling. We just never looked like scoring.
because he's a moron, i've had more inspiring dumps than he is
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Dave Phillips was warned about who he got into bed with !
And now it's all playing out as we were warned it would.
By not engaging with the supporters & especially TUST, & the " keyboard wankers " comment made sure the club dies a slow & painful death.
Dave Phillips you are as complicit as Osborne & co.
SHAME ON YOU
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

What this league shows that there isn't a team with a decent defence in it bar us as every other team ships goals by the bucket load.

Quite how we cannot manage to score in three quarters of the games we have played in beggars belief really. If we just managed to find the net once per game we would be somewhere near the top of the league.

I don't believe there is one half decent team in this league at all. Concord rangers are near the top and they lost 5-0 at home.

We have pitched on all four strikers at some stage today and it didn't sound like we would score if we were still playing tomorrow afternoon.

It maybe bad but the way some of our supporters behave is sickening. Idiots throwing flares on the pitch and if the manager did get beer thrown over him I hope the prick who did it gets done for a public order offence.

There is just NO justification for it. Its just one big embarrassment.
Last edited by brucie on 27 Aug 2018, 17:25, edited 1 time in total.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Pathetic, useless and incompetent.

Anybody who thinks Owers deserves any more time is an absolute moron.

We are a full time, fully professional (debatable) football team that can’t score goals and are sliding down a league made up in the main of semi professional football teams, the likes of which have outplayed, outfought and out thought our bunch of useless tossers, with head coach Owers the most culpable of the lot.

Depressing, mainly because nothing will be done at all. Gary will come out with the usual shit that he always does, and come Saturday it will be the same bollocks that we have had for the last few games.

Just pathetic.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

Feel your right Scott,Osborne has the man he wants and his plan working to perfection he's found one of the most inept managers possible.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Nicho kept the club up and was sacked. Owers took the club down and keeps his job despite it looking like another relegation battle isn't that far fetched an idea.

I don't care whether Osborne knows anything about football or not, it's clear for ANYONE to see that Owers should be dispensed with immediately and if Osborne doesn't do so then it's clear to me that he wants the football club to go under.
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

Post by Parkys People »

Scott Brehaut wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 17:24 Pathetic, useless and incompetent.

Depressing, mainly because nothing will be done at all.

Just pathetic.
Agreed.
YorkshireGully
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Reidy

Post by YorkshireGully »

About time our fans showed some bottle, but why waste a good pint? COYY
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

greb46 wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 17:27 Feel your right Scott,Osborne has the man he wants and his plan working to perfection he's found one of the most inept managers possible.
If Osborne doesn’t ditch Owers soon then we are finished. The longer this goes on then Osborne clearly means us to fail. Owers has proved to be yet one more disastrous manager at a club that looks to be at death’s door, a sickness that has grown over recent years, due to utterly incompetent management at Board level. Decent fans (most of us, although we appear to have been let down by a couple of morons today) don’t deserve this. I didn’t go today, I can’t do this to myself much longer.