Torquay United v Hampton & Richmond 25/08/2018

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

yellowsmiffy wrote: 25 Aug 2018, 17:11 Not been to a game since Nichols sacking. No idea how you lot have kept going for this long, fair play. Owers is a complete clown and needs sacking immediately.
Yes a clown playing to Osbornes circus.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 25 Aug 2018, 17:00 we will be in the gulls nest first mate as we are meeting dave forevertufc there.....
but we may as well stay in either! :@
Going in the Gulls Nest means paying an entrance fee to the stadium.:red:

It aint gonna happen. I'll listen to the game while on the slurp in B&L. (D) :-D :nod: :clap:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Yorkieandy wrote: 25 Aug 2018, 17:01 I think he was perhaps being sarcastic.
He was one of few players who actually put in a shift today.
TUFC__12
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Connor Evans

Post by TUFC__12 »

Can’t believe I went to watch this shite. I’ve supported Torquay for many years and never has it been as bad as what I’ve just watched. Owers needs to go ASAP but he won’t cos Osborne loves him. The players aren’t playing for him simple as that. Wrong formation.. wrong tactics.. wrong manager. It’s simple football really.. it’s not rocket science....... I’m a twelve year old girl for god sake I know more then him😂
#owersout#wewantowersout
Last edited by TUFC__12 on 25 Aug 2018, 18:09, edited 2 times in total.
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

Once again we are closer to the bottom of the division than the top.... When does it end?
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Taxi Mr Owers!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Trojan 67 wrote: 25 Aug 2018, 17:17 Going in the Gulls Nest means paying an entrance fee to the stadium.:red:

It aint gonna happen. I'll listen to the game while on the slurp in B&L. (D) :-D :nod: :clap:
OK Troj.... will see you in B&L first for a cheeky drink then before I meet Dave. Hope to be there about half one..... traffic permitting.....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular

TUFC__12 wrote: 25 Aug 2018, 17:23 Can’t believe I went to watch this shite. I’ve supported Torquay for many years and never has it been as bad as what I’ve just watched. Owers needs to go ASAP but he won’t cos Osborne loves him. The players aren’t playing for him simple as that. Wrong formation.. wrong tactics.. wrong manager. It’s simple football really.. it’s not rocket science....... I know I’m only 12 but I know a lot more then you think 🤔
#owersout#wewantowersout
Great post.
Nightrider
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Nightrider »

Amazed fans keep on paying to watch this crap
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular

Does anyone know how many were there?
TUFC__12
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Connor Evans

Post by TUFC__12 »

Minneapolisgull wrote: 25 Aug 2018, 17:26 Great post.
Thanks
tauntongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by tauntongull »

Prior to today's game, I happened to speak with a friend who, in turn, is good friends with Jamie Reid. Those that know me, know I am not one to spread rumour or to gossip on something without foundation. I am reliably informed that a number of players including Reid himself have stated that Owers is by far the worst manager they have played under. The performances on the pitch and the lack of progress despite that we have the making of a good side that is not performing does make you wonder. It would certainly appear that the players are not playing for Owers at the moment.

Personally I am not a fan of his and I cannot see this changing anytime soon.
Last edited by tauntongull on 25 Aug 2018, 17:42, edited 1 time in total.
May not be the original, but I am the best 'TauntonGull' .... See I can do signatures too, coz I am a real boy!
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

gateman49 wrote: 25 Aug 2018, 17:20 He was one of few players who actually put in a shift today.
Heres a Reid lover

A shift? a shift of what?

Poor passing, crossing and shooting.

Had a few lively moments in the first half but dear me if you think he played well you need to be checked over!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Said I'd wait to 10-12 game mark to make my judgement, well forget it, times up. Same as last season, different set of players slow off the blocks, why can't Ower's seem to get any kind of first half performance out of any team he picks, everything he does from half time onwards, is reactionary, reacting to a problem, and it's not just the odd game, it's every game, so if your having manage like that in football, then you, the manager are the problem.

Because your man-management, training, tactics, team talks, are not working end of. movement off the ball non-existent, passing to slow, pressing the opposition not there, get into go shooting positions, no shot, players that look like they don't know what their job is and it goes on and on. The atmosphere has gone toxic already, the very early season team spirit looks like it's on the way out already, with players blaming each other.

Someone shouted at Dickson 'pass the ball' he turned and shouted back 'who to' and got booed for it, but he was spot on.

Harrop, and others from the club, I know you read the forums, and social media, enough is enough, this can NOT be allowed to continue, step and prove you really do care.

Just to add, I do nopt blame the players, saw more than enough in pre-season, and in the early games to know there's more than enough in there to do well at this level, but they have to be managed right, and thats clealry not happening.
Formerly known as forevertufc
HockeyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by HockeyGull »

Very, very poor today. Only bright moments came from Keating in the second half. One or two observations.....If Brett Williams is captaincy material there is a chance that I will be the next heavyweight champion. Captains lead by example, they inspire, they cajole, they fight their team's corner. Not our Brett. He spent most of today looking as though someone had just confiscated his toys. Apart from when he ducked under the corner at the near post to concede the first goal. Then he just looked an inept scaredy-cat.
What is the point of Jason Banton?.....Followed the captain's example today, contributed four fifths of sod all. Ben Wynter...the latest right back who is not going to last the season. Too much lead in his boots when passing the ball. Link up play not his strong point.
And to think are chaps our full time professionals. Who train together, communicate together, devise set pieces together all week....and then forget everything at 3pm on Saturday. Of course they may just meet up and f*** about all week. On today's evidence I favour the latter.
There was a little lad near us on the Popside, he can only have been about 7. Had quite a powerful voice for a nipper, extolling the virtue of 'keeping it simple, it's an easy game....the clues in the name. It's called football'. I hope his words carried across to our bench.