cliff jackson

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
seaford gull

cliff jackson

Post by seaford gull »

so sad to hear of the passing of Cliff. He was in the team when I started watching Torquay in the early '70's.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Really excellent player for the Gulls, made the game look easy and hardly broke sweat! Thanks for the memories Cliff and condolences to your family.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

A truly classy player; once again putting into perspective the manner in which today's failures get referred to as 'legends' and included in lists of 'best ever' players.

There are falsely lauded midfielders today who couldn't lick his boots for technical ability and class!

He is part of a unique band of footballers that have played in all four divisions of the Football League and settled into each of them with ease and aplomb; a very, very good professional and a privilege to have seen.
http://thelondonlabia.proboards.com/thr ... ff-jackson
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Very skilful and clever player who could find space and ghost into positions with ease. Yet another player
from that era we signed who the previous season I see, scored 14 times in 34 games for Palace in the top
flight. A shame he didnt play in our great teams of a few years earlier but in the declining years of 70-74
Remember him taking corners sometimes with the outside of his foot, not sure how he did that without his
standing leg hitting the the corner flag ! must have taken the flag out or placed the ball outside the quadrant
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

RIP Cliff, a fantastic player one of my favourite players, always gave his all, very intelligent footballer. The pansy boys who call Themselves Footballers today wouldn't be fit to fill his boots that's for sure.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

A fine player. When I was 16 I worked at Woolies in Paignton, serving ice creams. Cliff Jackson appeared at my counter one day, I was delighted to serve him an extra large ice cream. Quality winger, RIP Cliff.
midtable
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Wilson

Post by midtable »

As a kid I remember him being one of our top players. His daughter was also one of the best players at school.