Next season's opposition

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

Ah yes, Braintree.....I don't recall Bath being there but I'll bow to your knowledge
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

sgf wrote: 08 May 2018, 17:18 Ah yes, Braintree.....I don't recall Bath being there but I'll bow to your knowledge
Bath were founders members of the National League, or whatever it was called before the Conference.

I think they were last in there during our all too brief return the the Football League.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Jerry wrote: 08 May 2018, 15:40Bath and Braintree have both been up there.
Just acquired my ticket to see Braintree try to get back at the first attemt by winning at Hampton & Richmond on Sunday ~ if it's half as good as the two play-off finals I watched his weekend ~ Haringey Borough v Canvey Island and Dulwich Hamlet v Hendon ~ it'll be a cracker.
seaford gull

Post by seaford gull »

i like the list, but there will only be 22 teams in the league, not 23 as listed
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Bath have played in the Conference and were certainly in it, when the league was formed in the late 70s when it was known as the Alliance Premier - effectively an alliance of the northern and southern leagues.

When we finished bottom of the league under Webb, Bath finished as high as 4th and actually applied for our league place (when the system was re-election) as the team’s above them declined to apply but they weren’t taken seriously and hardly anyone voted for them.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Wealdstone have also played at Confernece level. Again, in the mid 80s they were the best non-league team in the country. Pretty sure they did the non-league double of winning the Alliance Premier and also the FA Trophy.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

seaford gull wrote: 09 May 2018, 04:48 i like the list, but there will only be 22 teams in the league, not 23 as listed
Both the NLS play off finalists are listed, Hampton and Braintree. One of those sides will be playing in the NLP next season.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

St Albans played in the conference premier in 2006/07 and Slough played in the Conference from 1990/91 to 1993/94.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

In addition prior to the formation of the Alliance Premier League, Chelmsford City had been Southern League champions in 1946, 1968 and 1972; and Dulwich Hamlet had been Isthmian League champions in 1920, 1926, 1933 and 1949.

In 1920 Dulwich Hamlet did the non league double of Isthmian League champions and FA Amateur Cup winners.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

The line ups for next season have been officially confirmed and Hereford are indeed in the northern section.

https://www.herefordfc.co.uk/bulls-plac ... gue-north/
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

Line up is as predicted.

Interesting to hear Dave Thomas on today's HE podcast still talk about possibility of Hereford or Kidderminster ending up in NLS?

Not sure where he got that idea from that Kidderminster might end up in NLS .... if anything, there was a small chance that either Gloucester ( who actually play quite a few miles North of Gloucester itself, in Evesham, Worcestershire these days - because of the devastating floods from a few years back) or Brackley (should they lose their NLN play off final v Harrogate) might be forced to switch South - but don't think Kidderminster were ever really "in the picture".

Anyway, it matters not .... the make up of the NLS is as detailed in my original post - which became pretty inevitable once Slough beat Kings Lynn in the Southern League Play Off Final.

Bizarrely, Gloucester (in effect Evesham) will in actual fact be our most "Northern" based fixture next season .... certainly for our North West based fans .... thinking of you Mr. Bastard :)
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

What would Dave Thomas know about that !!!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Braintree promoted back to national league. Well done to them. No excuses for us to not be promoted next season. So Hampton and Richmond it is we are playing next season.
Lucy
Duncan
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nico

Post by Duncan »

CP Gull wrote: 10 May 2018, 20:20 Line up is as predicted.

Interesting to hear Dave Thomas on today's HE podcast still talk about possibility of Hereford or Kidderminster ending up in NLS?
Bizarrely, Gloucester (in effect Evesham) will in actual fact be our most "Northern" based fixture next season .... certainly for our North West based fans .... thinking of you Mr. Bastard :)
Where will our most "Easterly" based fixture be played next season?
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Duncan wrote: 13 May 2018, 18:08 Where will our most "Easterly" based fixture be played next season?
Concord Rangers?