Player Search - Who Will Turn Up?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Did he believe he was above the law? - how do you actually know that. As I understand it he was in a state of depression over a relationship.

Not for one moment I am defending him or saying that there are any mitigating circumstances whatsoever. However whether you think the sentence is too lenient or not is open for debate, but like it or not having served his sentence, he is entitled to seek employment to support himself.

As McCormick isn't a mass rapist or murderer his sentence reflected that. Again you might not agree with it but that's the way it is.

What about that bellend from the X factor? Is it Ant or Dec (can never tell the difference). What he did was no different to what McCormick did. He got in his car when pissed and ploughed into another vehicle. The outcome could quite easily have been the same. I don't hear too many people condemning him though - no doubt he will back on the tv by Xmas.
midtable
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Wilson

Post by midtable »

Guessing the motives of someone who killed 2 kids while drinking and driving is poor form. There was a court case and none of it is positive. Basically, he went to a wedding and drove home later with too much alcohol in his system.
We already have a keeper signed on for next season and have also made an offer to Vincent.
Therefore, all this talk about the Plymouth keeper is a waste of time.
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

I find it interesting that most people are pro bringing Zebroski back, but many anti Luke McCormick. The crime Zebroski committed was far more chosen than the crime of McCormick. Regardless of his state of mind, inebriation or the consequences, Zebroski set out to injure somebody. McCormick did not. He was reckless and stupid, and broke the law, but as a person, he did not intend to hurt anybody.

One of my best mates dad's was the Chaplin at Plymouth back then, I would regularly chat to him about his visits to see McCormick in jail, and one thing was clear, the remorse was real. He certainly didn't view himself above the law.

The one reason I would not want him at Plainmoor is the hypocrisy of fans shouting things such as "Murderer at him. He is not, and was not convicted of being a murderer. And I would be 100% certain that the majority of those cretins shouting abuse would have commited the same crime, just with less horrendous consequences. Anybody who has driven over the drink drive limit is just as bad as McCormick, they just got lucky.
Soupdragon
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Woods

Post by Soupdragon »

Kernowgull wrote: 11 May 2018, 08:32
One of my best mates dad's was the Chaplin at Plymouth back then, I would regularly chat to him about his visits to see McCormick in jail, and one thing was clear, the remorse was real. He certainly didn't view himself above the law.
This horrifies me. Any conversations between McCormick and any chaplain should have been treated as entirely confidential, regardless of who the chaplain is counselling. For this chaplain to then go and bleat about it to any random is a terrible breach of confidentiality.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Every case needs to be judged on its individual circumstances. Zebroski was being mocked by the then captain of Plymouth over his speech impediment in front of other players so there was some mitigation there.

Neither was McCormicks case just one of driving home - he was en route to visit his girlfriend over a domestic issue. Driving at 90 mph whilst under the influence of alcohol. Crass stupidity resulting in horrendous consequences and wrecked lives.

The victims relatives quite rightly view the sentence as too lenient but on the other hand you can debate the pro and cons of keeping someone in prison for 20 years who quite obviously isn't going to reoffend.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Kernowgull wrote: 11 May 2018, 08:32 I find it interesting that most people are pro bringing Zebroski back, but many anti Luke McCormick. The crime Zebroski committed was far more chosen than the crime of McCormick. Regardless of his state of mind, inebriation or the consequences, Zebroski set out to injure somebody. McCormick did not. He was reckless and stupid, and broke the law, but as a person, he did not intend to hurt anybody.

The one reason I would not want him at Plainmoor is the hypocrisy of fans shouting things such as "Murderer at him. He is not, and was not convicted of being a murderer. And I would be 100% certain that the majority of those cretins shouting abuse would have commited the same crime, just with less horrendous consequences. Anybody who has driven over the drink drive limit is just as bad as McCormick, they just got lucky.
If we are to believe the posters on here who say they're not going to Plainmoor again then there will be very few to shout anything at anybody :-/ :-/
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

Post by Parkys People »

I suggest McCormick as someone based locally. (believe he's from Coventry, Devon based long enough though.)

Not necessarily even a suggestion. Same goes for Devonian Ryan Dickson, has been released by Yeovil. Was once an excellent attacking left back.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Blimey thought the picture of Owers on the OS today shaking hands was with our first new signing - a midfield hardman!
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

nickbrod wrote: 11 May 2018, 16:13 Blimey thought the picture of Owers on the OS today shaking hands was with our first new signing - a midfield hardman!
That article makes it look like the club is responding to some of the criticism in here.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Bloody hell - that picture looks slightly scary to me. And the season ticket holder is called James Bond???

Looks like someone you might see loitering outside a primary school gate :red:
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Any concrete transfer rumours from reputable sources? It’s all a bit quiet...

I would have thought 1-2 decent signings will help season ticket sales
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

Bristol_Gull wrote: 12 May 2018, 15:13 Any concrete transfer rumours from reputable sources? It’s all a bit quiet...

I would have thought 1-2 decent signings will help season ticket sales
Seems like a no so far. To be fair, I can't remember many time where we've started a pre-season with anything approaching a full squad in recent years. I'm guessing most business will be done once contracts have run out and players have considered offers from various places, but here's to hoping we can at least get one or two in sooner! :}
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

This lot have been released by Argyle in addition to McCormick: Nathan Blissett, Simon Church, Gary Miller, Paul Paton, Callum Rose, Aaron Taylor, Aaron Taylor-Sinclair and Robbert te Loeke.

Would Bliss come back? Any other known entities on the list?
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Blissett been offered a new deal with Macc. Unknown if he has accepted it or not at this stage but he's got to need urgent psychiatric assistance if he chooses NLS over L2 football.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »