Torquay v AFC Fylde 11/04 (was pp on 3/3/18)

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Soupdragon wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 11:44 Oops, ignore me.
no need, you are correct
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Jerry wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 10:53

Looking at the closest NLS teams to us, Weston-super-Mare charge £12 and £165 for a season ticket, at Truro it is £13 with a £210 season ticket. Remember that these season ticket prices are for 2 games less than we play in the NL. There doesn't seem to be any distinction between seating and standing prices that I could see at a brief glance.
The problem with those prices is I've been feeling like I'm wasting my money paying £15 this season to watch shite. A price drop of two or three quid isn't going to make me feel much better.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Think a tenner for oap and 13 quid senior be about right
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Merse says 'Luke Young opts to take any easy ride in matches unless it suits him' - what utter tripe !
Again based on watching one home game and a handful of away games and highlights
He will walk away with the Player of the Year award and will have been the first name on Owers list to
re-engage for next season. Stephen Breed asks what has happened to him, well he is playing in a crap team
weary of carrying a crap midfield full of young , green loanees. In Hargreaves team when we were around
the top of the league for the first few months he was at the top of his form - see the difference ?
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Just listened to Owers thoughts on the game

"Thought Reidy did well"

Say no more, what a clown this guy is
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

desperado wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 13:43 Merse says 'Luke Young opts to take any easy ride in matches unless it suits him' - what utter tripe !He will walk away with the Player of the Year award
:rules: and voted for by who? A clacker fiddling old woman and those who line the wall to applaud yet another failure off the field....do me a favour!
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

merse btpir wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 14:09 :rules: and voted for by who? A clacker fiddling old woman and those who line the wall to applaud yet another failure off the field....do me a favour!
I certainly won't be voting for him. Dorel would get my vote if I cast one, but I shan't be as being the best of this shower is hardly something to get an award for!
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Well to set the record straight I've watched twelve away games this season; as many as finance, commitments to my youngest son's own football and health have allowed.......that's not a 'handful'.

Some people are both easily pleased and easily fooled; I am not and I'm not gullible enough to recognise this sorry bunch of serial losers than being anything better than even approaching the reserve team standard of when I started supporting the club!
uffculme1

Post by uffculme1 »

Right who's to blame, because we have to have a scapegoat for any failure, there has to be someone who's fault it is, combinations of people don't work although if you are the general manager, manager, coach or chairman its great news, it reduces the blame game falling at your door by deflecting and sharing it about.
The chairman is a self admitted moron when it comes to matters football, not a rare situation in today's game, he needs someone who understands the game to run the club and by slight of hand and mirrors and dubious recommendations Harrop becomes self appointed king of the club, if the chairman had done his homework he would have seen the massive gaps in Harrops C.V. when it comes to managerial experience of any kind of anything and anyone over 16 years of age.
The manager and coach who by todays standards are long in the tooth and have never coached together at this level or more inportantly aspired to work at a higher level, understood from day one they were taking over a basket case, were they third or fourth choice,it doesn't matter they were hamstrung by what they had inherited,lack of budget and their ability to loan players.They hoped against hope to get lucky and keep us in the national league for another season and by extension keep the pay checks rolling in.
Our playing squad are the ones we see letting us down every saturday and boy they have done that in spades, but they are coached to play a certain way, each supporter has his own favourite and those they think should be considering a career outside football, I am no different, my first and foremost quality in a footballer at this level should be passion , to play for the shirt and give a full ninety minutes of non stop effort, ninety minutes in a week seems a not unreasonable request, too many of our team and footballers in general these days think that because they have a little talent in their body they have the right to swan through their careers doing just enough to get picked each week, especially at a club like Torquay when there is no competition for places, so you can put in sub par performances every week and still get picked.
So next season in the national south, do we keep going with the same old faces of our so called stars of the team or start afresh, there can be no doubt it will not be a given next season that we will have success, full time or part time matters little at this level ,who you have playing does, I would like to see every player on a reduced paying contract with a large bonus for promotion, that way they might wish to invest in the sucess of the club as opposed to our squad who get paid reagrdless of whther they work up a sweat.
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Great post soupdragon - the long one that is, not the 2nd shorter one! Completely agree with everything you have said, with the exception of the Juve bit.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

merse btpir wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 14:09 :rules: and voted for by who? A clacker fiddling old woman and those who line the wall to applaud yet another failure off the field....do me a favour!
There were more than a few still clapping last night :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

It's staggering that this level of ineptitude is not only tolerated but seemingly congratulated by some of our fans.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Owers no longer looks haunted. He doesn't even look hunted. He looks as though he's about to be hanged.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

DevonYellow wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 16:24 There were more than a few still clapping last night :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

It's staggering that this level of ineptitude is not only tolerated but seemingly congratulated by some of our fans.
Maybe they were clapping owers back after owers had clapped them
:na:
Happy clappers all round
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

TUST_Member_Rob wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 13:51 Just listened to Owers thoughts on the game

"Thought Reidy did well"

Say no more, what a clown this guy is
:goodpost:

With the exception of a sum total of about 10 mins (being generous)of decent play, he spent the game not challenging (on the ground or in the air), being caught offside (5/6 times in first half), or not really anticipating the flight of the ball or where a teammates header may end up.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Come on, he ran around a lot, "won" the penalty and .......