What do you call a brace of Fishers? (signing news!)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Richinns wrote:I could kind of get the signing if Lavercombe was still our player but seeing as he has signed for Wigan and will receive his coaching with them then there is only the backup keeper role which needs filling?

Only said on Saturday all clubs interested in Lavercombe will loan him back to the club it came out of Steve Breeds mouth on Saturday on the radio.
There is more than one club.
He may spend a few days at the club he signs for or if we've a coach he may stay with us.
Alley
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Alley »

All I can say is if the board do not sort things out we could end up losing players hand over fist I don't know what player some of you are referring to but I know Smith is here long term and I think the only other loan player we have is Carmichael who is due to go back to Bournemouth in January so I don't think it would be them so it does make me worry that if any of the others have hinted that they want out is it because of our present situation or is it because of the manager ?
+Gdog8
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke young

Post by +Gdog8 »

Yellow-Collins wrote:One Fisher swims in as the other Fisher swims out... just heard this from one of the lads
It's fine Toby agala on his way back in January
:scarf: :whistle:
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Alley wrote:All I can say is if the board do not sort things out we could end up losing players hand over fist I don't know what player some of you are referring to but I know Smith is here long term and I think the only other loan player we have is Carmichael who is due to go back to Bournemouth in January so I don't think it would be them so it does make me worry that if any of the others have hinted that they want out is it because of our present situation or is it because of the manager ?

If you had a Devon league player played in front of you I think you might want to go.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

In answer to the question, I believe I have the answer ...

Is it (and excuse me if this isn't the correct medical term) a ..... pain in the ass?

Nasty things those fissures!
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

forevertufc wrote:Well that is concern, as I know of another player, who will considered as one of the first names on the team sheet has played all season, and certainly not one of our lowest earners, who is believed to want out as well, the information came to me second hand, reason why I've not posted it and will not, but it did come from a member of the players family.

Please let it be Briscoe!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

There are going to be a few players 'wanring out' especially now they've been told in no uncertain terms that their services are no longer required. As another poster mentioned, Toby Ajala is coming back and there will most certainly be a few others too. Mildenhall was supposed to be coming here with Nathan Blissett but Rovers let us down late, hence Corderoy helping out. No need to panic, just let tge management do their jobs,,,,,,,,,
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Yellow-Collins
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yellow-Collins »

Disappointed to be honest, not sure what we are trying to achieve in signing another lower league player. Maybe we have been scouting him for a while and decided to take the plunge, but I doubt this. If we have sold Dan, surely speculating the money gained to accumulate a better, more experienced keeper would have been more beneficial to replace Spiess. Unless the Club are pooling their resources to maximise recruitment in January for a goal scorer
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Looks like a sensible move to me IF Lavercombe is being loaned back. There's no point paying good money for a number 2 given the other options for improving the team in other areas. His coaching has probably proved the most influential factor here.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Is Martin Rice thinking of coming back?
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Hi Dave, I guess that Mildenhall won't be happening now as presumably Fisher is his "replacement" ? As for Blissett, I think we have missed out on him now as he has turned us down twice already this season, hasn't he?

As fo Ajala returning ... well I would be delighted to see him pull on a Yellow shirt again ... but I think we should exercise caution here. Does he REALLY want to return and play for TUFC... If so, WHY????? If I recall correctly, we still hold his registration and as a consequence we demanded a fee from Dover - they were unable to sign him ( without paying us a fee) and so they were only able to sign him on noncontract forms - which presumably also equate to pretty low wages? Could it be that Ajala (or his agent?) is now trying to "force the hand" of Dover into agreeing a fee with TUFC in January and more importantly a proper contract (and wage!) for him in January?

I would really like to believe that Ajala might WANT to play for us again, but why in the world would he swap a decent club, near to his home and family, who are in and around the play offs .... for a club that is almost certainly only heading in the opposite direction, a long way from home and no doubt still being paid peanuts .... I am certainly not going to get my hopes up here .... I just hope that the club might realise that there is a possibility that it is just being used as a pawn here!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

He's committed to coming, I do know that. In football though you know nothing is ever certain so time will tell I guess. You've got the rest right, as usual ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Stucolls
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Stucolls »

correct me if im wrong, but im fairly certain Scott Corderoy is ALSO a qualified goalkeeping coach?

and also took Fisher's spot at more than one club where they have both played. Seems very odd that people are happy to accept Fisher and not Corderoy when Corderoy has played at the same level and higher, albeit not currently.

I suggest that the Fisher saga is in play purely down to the mass of hysteria on social media regarding the way Corderoy looks as opposed to what he can actually do with a pair of gloves on, because along with many others, im pretty certain that Corderoy is a better keeper than Fisher.

It may well prove that neither are good enough at this level, but id put money on the fact that if Corderoy rocked up at Buckland, and Fisher was still there, Corderoy would have the number 1 shirt in no time
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Stucolls wrote:correct me if im wrong, but im fairly certain Scott Corderoy is ALSO a qualified goalkeeping coach?

and also took Fisher's spot at more than one club where they have both played. Seems very odd that people are happy to accept Fisher and not Corderoy when Corderoy has played at the same level and higher, albeit not currently.

I suggest that the Fisher saga is in play purely down to the mass of hysteria on social media regarding the way Corderoy looks as opposed to what he can actually do with a pair of gloves on, because along with many others, im pretty certain that Corderoy is a better keeper than Fisher.

It may well prove that neither are good enough at this level, but id put money on the fact that if Corderoy rocked up at Buckland, and Fisher was still there, Corderoy would have the number 1 shirt in no time
Clearly you know both keepers better than I do - you may well be right, you are certainly not the only one who appears to rate Corderoy over Fisher, but I guess age and fitness have won the day here. If I was a betting man, I wouldn't be surprised if Corderoy rocks up at Buckland as Fisher's replacement ? If so, who knows who has made the better move? Time will tell I guess but it was somewhat revealing (and alarming at the same time!) that Adam Castle, the Buckland Manager, was quoted as questioning whether this was a good move, or not, for Fisher ... how far we have fallen in such a sort space of time. :(
+Gdog8
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke young

Post by +Gdog8 »

CP Gull wrote:Hi Dave, I guess that Mildenhall won't be happening now as presumably Fisher is his "replacement" ? As for Blissett, I think we have missed out on him now as he has turned us down twice already this season, hasn't he?

As fo Ajala returning ... well I would be delighted to see him pull on a Yellow shirt again ... but I think we should exercise caution here. Does he REALLY want to return and play for TUFC... If so, WHY????? If I recall correctly, we still hold his registration and as a consequence we demanded a fee from Dover - they were unable to sign him ( without paying us a fee) and so they were only able to sign him on noncontract forms - which presumably also equate to pretty low wages? Could it be that Ajala (or his agent?) is now trying to "force the hand" of Dover into agreeing a fee with TUFC in January and more importantly a proper contract (and wage!) for him in January?

I would really like to believe that Ajala might WANT to play for us again, but why in the world would he swap a decent club, near to his home and family, who are in and around the play offs .... for a club that is almost certainly only heading in the opposite direction, a long way from home and no doubt still being paid peanuts .... I am certainly not going to get my hopes up here .... I just hope that the club might realise that there is a possibility that it is just being used as a pawn here!
Ajala will be back 1st Jan watch and see
:scarf: :whistle: