Cox Resigns

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Georg

Post by Georg »

Have a read of the Fergus bell article on the bbc sport website. Do some of you not find it embarasing that its cost a player a substantial amount to train with the team and play for Torquay united??? This is meant to be a professional club and it cant even afford the basics and provide a young lad with a salary to live on. Also how are players meant to properly prepare and be at a peak of fitness avoiding fatigue when theyre having to share bunk beds in some cases. Its unbelievable and as ive said in previous messages , the club has a bad rep on the circle amongst players and its one to avoid. That needs to change and Torquay united has to fulfil its potential and become attractive again as what the local area is.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

George wrote:Have a read of the Fergus bell article on the bbc sport website. Do some of you not find it embarasing that its cost a player a substantial amount to train with the team and play for Torquay united??? This is meant to be a professional club and it cant even afford the basics and provide a young lad with a salary to live on. Also how are players meant to properly prepare and be at a peak of fitness avoiding fatigue when theyre having to share bunk beds in some cases. Its unbelievable and as ive said in previous messages , the club has a bad rep on the circle amongst players and its one to avoid. That needs to change and Torquay united has to fulfil its potential and become attractive again as what the local area is.
BBC. Embarrassing. Can't. They're. ....some cases? . I've. It's (or it is)..... plus... "as what the local area is." Well no comment on that! ;-)
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

He's just a whispering wormtongue. Scroll on and don't allow him screen time.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

So now he knows all about the "players circuit" too. Is there no end to this fools Walter Mitty version of reality?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

George wrote:Have a read of the Fergus bell article on the bbc sport website. Do some of you not find it embarasing that its cost a player a substantial amount to train with the team and play for Torquay united??? This is meant to be a professional club and it cant even afford the basics and provide a young lad with a salary to live on. Also how are players meant to properly prepare and be at a peak of fitness avoiding fatigue when theyre having to share bunk beds in some cases. Its unbelievable and as ive said in previous messages , the club has a bad rep on the circle amongst players and its one to avoid. That needs to change and Torquay united has to fulfil its potential and become attractive again as what the local area is.

In a word, no.

There is no story here. Out of contract player with history of knee problems "speculates to accumulate" and takes a cut price short term deal in order to get some game time. If he impresses, there may be a contract for him. If not, he moves on. For us, he's not set the world on fire. I've got no doubt that he was on a paltry salary, but Nico dresses up his release as wanting to give him a chance of earning a decent living - I interpret that as he was never going to be offered a permanent deal with us.

I don't know how much of what you say is valid, but generally on this thread you've been widely discredited and constant doom-mongering over non-stories isn't helping your cause.

If the club goes to the wall in January feel free to come back and be a c*** about it. But for now, give us all a break.
Heritage gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Heritage gull »

taxilady wrote:could all be a load of.....Cobblers ( ;-) ;-) )...couldn't it ?
Very interesting Taxi lady. Would this be the same club for whom Alan Knill is Assistant manager? :keepie:
TUST member 077
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

George is back! Can he now confirm he is calling the current board 'liars' after already ducking this question on at least three occasions!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Richinns wrote:George is back! Can he now confirm he is calling the current board 'liars' after already ducking this question on at least three occasions!

I'm guessing he'll make it at least 4 ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Yellows
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yellows »

stefano wrote:I find it incredible that people with apparently no understanding of basic spelling or indeed practical use of the English language, still think they can just walk into a football club and take it over. Who the hell will construct the necessary contracts? Would any of them understand it if done for them? Will they just walk away when it all gets too much and their little heads cannot stand any more? Who knows? George of course knows where TUFC will be next year. Does he hell? He seems to think he is Nostradamus. Well in a way I suppose he is. Nostradamus basically talked a load of crap and then afterwards everybody read into it things that had just happened and decided that was what he was predicting. Well George .... it's bollocks! ;-)

Me thinks you should by (sorry buy!) a modern Dictionary Stefano
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Added in 2 minutes 58 seconds:
stefano wrote: BBC. Embarrassing. Can't. They're. ....some cases? . I've. It's (or it is)..... plus... "as what the local area is." Well no comment on that! ;-)
Stefano behave stop picking on George!
:na: :na: :na:

Added in 6 minutes 18 seconds:
Trojan 67 wrote: What the legend with six (*) (*) (*) (*) (*) (*) called forevertufc said.

:clap:

:engflag:

Added in 4 minutes 56 seconds: What the legend with six (*) (*) (*) (*) (*) (*) called SNW said.

:clap:

:engflag:
Its Saturday!

See you all there!
:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
I predict a :red: today
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

tomogull wrote: You have this obsession that the club is going to get relegated. Providing we keep clear of any more serious injuries, we will be okay. We'll see how we play against Grimsby on Saturday - a good test to see just where we are.
Well, George - I'm not Nostradamus (I think he was a Brazilian centre half alongsaide Socrates) nor am I Mystic Meg, but I can put your mind at rest. WE ARE NOT GOING TO BE RELEGATED. As I said in my previous post, yesterday's match against Grimsby would be a good test. We matched arguably the best side in the league. I'll also add that virtually all the players were Paul Cox's signings yet if he had still been at Plainmoor, we would have lost yesterday, and probably by three or four goals. This is because Cox insisted on playing an attacking wing backs with three central defenders system which just wasn't working (check out the goals against column) and he didn't seem capable of changing it. It may have worked for him in the past and indeed it has worked very well for Torquay in the past, but it wasn't working this season. It may be early days, but Nicholson has got the players more organised and playing with more urgency. He has set a standard and as long as that standard is kept, we will be fine. It may be a long, hard winter ahead but it will be a longer harder winter for the likes of Guiseley, Welling, Boreham Wood and Altrincham.

In another post, you ask where you think the club will realistically be in a year's time. This is what I would like to see and I don't think it is unrealistic.
1. Obviously, I would like to see additional investment in the club to make TUFC more financially secure.
2. I would like to see some stability at the club with Nicholson becoming Exeter's 'Paul Tisdale' - i.e. a long serving manager.
3. I would expect to see the team mid-table and then improving year-on-year until we're back in the league. In fact, there's no reason why it couldn't happen quicker. If Braintree, Dover and Bromley can get into play off positions with the gates they attract, we should be able to match them.
4. I would like to see the team playing attractive high tempo football as they played yesterday (that would also bring the missing fans back)
5. I would like to see greater community involvement. We have badly missed Frank Prince who did so much work in this area.

There - that's not a huge 'wish list' and there's no reason why it couldn't happen.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

:goodpost: You are spot on.
TUST number 080
Georg

Post by Georg »

tomogull wrote:In another post, you ask where you think the club will realistically be in a year's time. This is what I would like to see and I don't think it is unrealistic.
1. Obviously, I would like to see additional investment in the club to make TUFC more financially secure.
2. I would like to see some stability at the club with Nicholson becoming Exeter's 'Paul Tisdale' - i.e. a long serving manager.
3. I would expect to see the team mid-table and then improving year-on-year until we're back in the league. In fact, there's no reason why it couldn't happen quicker. If Braintree, Dover and Bromley can get into play off positions with the gates they attract, we should be able to match them.
4. I would like to see the team playing attractive high tempo football as they played yesterday (that would also bring the missing fans back)
5. I would like to see greater community involvement. We have badly missed Frank Prince who did so much work in this area.

There - that's not a huge 'wish list' and there's no reason why it couldn't happen.
Sorry ive been busy all week with business elsewhere. Regarding your points 1 and 5 would have defanately been done with what our plan was. In fact a structured business plan was put together solely on the basis to grow the community aspect of things and take Torquay united out to the local people and generating a buzz. Hopefully the plan is still going to come in useful just not at Torquay United. Point 3 would have been ideal but those clubs deserve credit for getting to where they are and this club has no divine right to be above them just because its been in the Football league. Those part time clubs have earned their status and good luck to them. Points 2 and 4 would have been down to the manager. If hes happy , the fans are happy then he would stayed. If results werent good enough then a change would be needed..
Georg

Post by Georg »

If anyone wants to put any questiosn to us with regards to our planned investment in Torquay united , and how we would have moved this club, feel free.
samuel
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: colin bettany

Post by samuel »

I am glad Georg is back, he is curing my insomnia.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

No point - this club will cease to exist in four days....

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com