Quigley and Lavelle-Moore

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Quigley and Lavelle-Moore

Post by CraigUnder »

Quigley has gone back to AFCB and lavelle Moore has been released. Bit disappointed with this because I thought they were both doing alright

http://m.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/TOR ... story.html
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Bleeper wrote:Quigley has gone back to AFCB and lavelle Moore has been released. Bit disappointed with this because I thought they were both doing alright

With players coming in such as Bell, Berry and the centre half from MK Dons, there had to be players going out. I agree that both Lavelle-Moore and Joe Quigley have done okay. I'm especially sorry that Joe has gone back to Bournemouth as I think he could have done a job for us with the right support. We could have done with him on the bench last night.
Alley
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Alley »

I am sorry to hear that Quigley is going back to Bmth and I thought malachie was doing ok does this mean we are going to lose Carmichael as well or is it because we were not playing Quigley enough ?

Added in :
I am sorry to hear that Quigley is going back to Bmth and I thought malachie was doing ok does this mean we are going to lose Carmichael as well or is it because we were not playing Quigley enough ?

Added in 1 minute 13 seconds:
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Bleeper wrote:Quigley has gone back to AFCB and lavelle Moore has been released. Bit disappointed with this because I thought they were both doing alright

One goal between them all season, not exactly "doing well" in my opinion.

That's not to say they're bad players. Quigley especially looks to have lots of potential,but he rarely looked a goal threat. Lavelle - moore also could develop into an average conference player, but he's not there yet so I would rather investigate other options personally.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

We clearly don't need either of them> Quigley looked to me like he would never score a goal whilst his arse pointed downwards. No better than Yeoman in my opinion so a positive move.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Not disappointed with either of these being honest. I wish them both well, especially Quigley only a young lad trying to make his way in the game,
both Quigley and Lavelle-Moore did ok, but nothing better than that, both worked, both tried, both had the pace of a snail, think Lavelle-Moore will struggle to score in a brothel, bit of a problem when your in the bottom four and need to win games.

If these two going out leads to one striker coming in, with real pace and ability to score fairly regularly, see this as a positive.
Formerly known as forevertufc
PlainmoorB0b
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Caldwell

Post by PlainmoorB0b »

Wow

Quigley no better than Yeoman ???

At what - cricket, draughts?

You seriously can't mean as a centre forward?
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Last night Hurst won more headers, had more shots and delivered more crosses than any of these two Strikers put together.

He's a right back, he can play right winger, could he make a striker?
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

kevgull wrote:Last night Hurst won more headers, had more shots and delivered more crosses than any of these two Strikers put together.

He's a right back, he can play right winger, could he make a striker?
Yes :-D
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

forevertufc wrote: If these two going out leads to one striker coming in, with real pace and ability to score fairly regularly, see this as a positive.
If only, Forever. The problem is that every club from Man City down to Droylesden is looking for a striker with 'real pace and ability to score fairly regularly'. :goal: I think Quigley paired with Marsh with Murombedzi and Hurst out wide could have made us more effective up front. I don't think Quigley and Marsh ever played together but I may be wrong. Certainly the pairing of Quigley and Fisher didn't work. As for Alex Fisher, he's our top scorer but I'm still not sure what his best position is.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

It's a shame to lose Quigley as I thought he held the ball up well and with the right support could have played in a Rene Howe type role as the figurehead of a 4-3-3 formation or even better as the target man in a 4-4-2.

You can't blame Bournemouth for recalling him though after everything that's happened in the past seven days.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Hate being one of 'those' people...

But I was slaughtered on here for suggesting that Fisher - Quigley wasn't an effective combination. One goal later and Quigley is off and you're all delighted.

I much prefer Fisher anyway, good in the air and seems to have a bit about him with the ball on the deck. He could well be the key to us having a side good enough to stay up. Just need some modicum of quality around him. Marsh could well be that man; I like the look of him so far.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

stevegull wrote:Hate being one of 'those' people...

But I was slaughtered on here for suggesting that Fisher - Quigley wasn't an effective combination. One goal later and Quigley is off and you're all delighted.

I much prefer Fisher anyway, good in the air and seems to have a bit about him with the ball on the deck. He could well be the key to us having a side good enough to stay up. Just need some modicum of quality around him. Marsh could well be that man; I like the look of him so far.
At the start it seemed like they had both been brought in to compete for the job of leading the line, but then I guess someone made the decision to play both of them to get the best out of Ex's throws. Silly really.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
KeithMalone
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by KeithMalone »

Quigley has gone on loan to Wrexham, will be interesting to see how many/if any goals he gets there
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

I fear we've let him slip through the net, all the best to him though
The gulls are going up