Cox Resigns

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

I can't believe this. I thought Cox had a good understanding of our finances, or rather the lack of them, when he took the job. This is sickening. It's now on the BBC, apparently there will be a statement from the board after a meeting this afternoon.
Last edited by Orange Gull on 18 Sep 2015, 12:37, edited 1 time in total.
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

Well sh *t. This has hardened my resolve to spend what little money from my student loan I have spare to make the trip up from Plymouth on Tuesday :aww:
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Stevie_RitchTea - I take it you work for the club.

I hold nothing against the new regime and admire them for the brave effort but I implore them to be honest with us about this. We do not want to be peddled some bull about personal reasons. The truth will hurt but we deserve to know.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Still nothing on the website.
TUST number 080
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

At least he lasted longer than Leroy....

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

it doesn't add up to me. he knew the finances at the start. so IF and its a big IF it to do with asking for more money, then that's not the boards fault. we have a players budget and that's it
TUST MEMBER
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

TUST number 080
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

There will be no shortfall of applicants. im going tomorrow and will get behind the team
TUST MEMBER
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

To be honest, at this stage unless we can get someone in for nothing might we be forced to resort to Hargreaves seeing out his contract? Although one wonders if perhaps Deano would rather take the reins than that...
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Fans are not stupid. "Personal reasons" is a kop out and will only serve to alienate our already exhausted fanbase. The new owners made a huge financial decision to appoint Paul Cox and pay for two managers and two assistants whilst cutting back in every other area.

He was appointed for the "long haul" and has left after 10 games. Four directors have also left, only months after getting involved. Some honesty is needed to either reassure fans or let them know how near to the brink we are.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Looking more and more like Hereford or Stockport every day.

Feeling sick.
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

According to the Herald, Cox texted their sports editor announcing his resignation and will make a statement on Monday. I echo Gulliball's sentiments. Clearly things have been going on behind the scenes for a while. Cox wouldn't just wake up one morning and decide to resign, this must have built up over period of time.
SWgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by SWgull »

Gulliball wrote:Fans are not stupid. "Personal reasons" is a kop out and will only serve to alienate our already exhausted fanbase. The new owners made a huge financial decision to appoint Paul Cox and pay for two managers and two assistants whilst cutting back in every other area.

He was appointed for the "long haul" and has left after 10 games. Four directors have also left, only months after getting involved. Some honesty is needed to either reassure fans or let them know how near to the brink we are.

:goodpost:
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Gulliball wrote:Fans are not stupid. "Personal reasons" is a kop out and will only serve to alienate our already exhausted fanbase. The new owners made a huge financial decision to appoint Paul Cox and pay for two managers and two assistants whilst cutting back in every other area.

If anyone from the club is reading this then I hope they take note. Please just be honest.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/