How will we do this season

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

What position will we finish this season

Champions
4%
Playoffs
9%
6th-10th finish
29%
Mid table
24%
17th-20th finish
12%
Relegation
22%

Total votes: 76

lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

How will we do this season

Post by lucy6lucy »

So we have had an eventful close season. Now the dust has somewhat settled. How do you think we will compete this season and finish next April. We have had threads on what teams will compete this season, but now is the time for us fans to predict on our season ahead.

I personally have faith in cox and will be happy with a committed and hard working squad, that gives it their best in every match. With this in mind I predict a mid table finish. And after the payoff of the previous management, we can compete with a bigger budget in the following season.
Lucy
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Realistically if we can see just some small improvement on last season, turn a couple of the drubbings in to narrow losses, the narrow losses in to draws and draws in to wins then I will be happy, maybe challenging for the playoffs and then finishing inside the top 10.
A week or so ago I was looking forward to a good start but with the Hurst, Young and Kellerman (luckily we hadn't signed him) injuries I'm now a little less confident. Still though, I'm looking forward to this season and would be very happy with 11 points come the end of August, although 7 is probably more realistic.
Finally, to echo Lucy I will be happy with a committed and hard working squad, that gives it their best in every match.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Judging on what I saw in the Exeter P.S.F it looks we're going to see a hard working team that will be difficult to beat. Think we do have to keep a lid on our expectations though, do see anything less than a mid table finish.
Formerly known as forevertufc
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

I see that FourFourTwo have given us the quite frankly ridiculous prediction of 19th for this season.

I went for 6th - 10th and just outside the play-offs. I imagine we'll be tough to beat and won't roll over for the smaller teams like we did last season, but that being said I'm not convinced we've got the quality up front for a promotion charge. Fairhurst could be good, but we still need another good goalscorer and figurehead up there. Kellerman and Young being out is a disappointing one too - and my prediction is also based on Young not being out for that long.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

My bet is for Torquay to finish 11th.
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Relegation budget backed up with a decent manager. Mid to lower end of the table for me.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Easy to pick the safe mid table vote so I 'be gone for the 6-10 th vote and if we finish at the right end of that who knows! This TQY we do it best against the odds.

Hey look at me I'm a happy clapper!

What we have to remember is this is possibles PC's last shot at success, it has to work for him or he'll die trying. That's got to be good as far as we're concerned. Yes there are possibly insurmountable budget constraints and we will never know what PC's seasons brief/board expectations are but given the impetuous demonstarted by our chief ex. and other board members I'm feeling surprisingly optimistic. It may take some time to get going in fact it may take until Crimbo for that confidence to transfer into investment in loans ect but you know what I'm feeling goooooooooooooood about this season!
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Do we really have a 'relegation budget'?

Do Altrincham, Barrow, Boreham Wood, Braintree, Bromley, Guiseley and Welling have bigger budgets than us?
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I do not believe our club is for one minute working of a relegation budget, our club as suggested elsewhere may well be working of what's akin to a part-time football club budget, however, a part-time budget doesn't necessarily mean relegation, prime examples Chester, FC Halifax, Braintree all working of part-time budgets last season, probably still no bigger than what we're working with now, all did pretty well under the circumstances.

On the flip side we can look at FGR been working of a promotion budget for some time, and have failed to gain promotion, really don't think it matters to a point how much or little money any club has, it's what you do with it that counts, Paul Cox appears so far to have made our merge budget stretch a lot further than I thought he could/would.
Formerly known as forevertufc
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

yellowforever wrote:Do we really have a 'relegation budget'?

Do Altrincham, Barrow, Boreham Wood, Braintree, Bromley, Guiseley and Welling have bigger budgets than us?
I could be wrong but I think Barrow have some money behind them or did last season at least. Not sure about the rest.

As for us I think we'll be mid table this season but with no pressure to be near the top we might surprise a few people by not having the expectation we have had in the past.
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

Looking from the outside I think you will have a much better season based on the Manager you now have and will be very surprised if you don't finish in the top 10. Play Offs may be just out of your reach but a lot will depend on making a good start because if you do that I can see a good season as your Manager will get a committed team and that can go a long way. Good luck. Nothing i would like more than a quick return to thye Football League for you.
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

friendlygas wrote:a lot will depend on making a good start because if you do that I can see a good season as your Manager will get a committed team and that can go a long way.
That could be a problem seeing that Paul Cox previous teams usually are "slow starters" :)
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

I'll take a steady mid table position with a clear style of play developed by the end of the season. Then next year we can look to push on towards the playoffs maybe.

Low expectations this year, just glad to have a club.

Hopefully we can get 2,500 for the first home game and start building the finances again.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

I haven't seen us play yet and friendlies are no real judge. I will make my prediction after the Macclesfield game. Which I think Ive done the last couple of seasons actually
TUST MEMBER