Consortium update

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

as the consotium are trying to get further investors to the club is there room for Alex Rowe or the Boyces. after all they are also Torquay Fans ?
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

There have been some more very generous comments so once again I want to say a big thank you. I won't clog up the site with any more postings of this nature but rest assured your kind words mean a great deal to me. I will still be involved but not in any official capacity. Best wishes, Andrew
HardofHerringGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by HardofHerringGull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: No Andrew, Thank You. :clap:

It's been a pleasure reading your posts on here and I'm sure it's obvious to all of the forum members what TUFC means to you.

Hope to meet you on the Popside sometime and buy you a pint in B&L.

No sarky comments please from fellow members about me being tight! :@ =D

Cheers
Andrew.
You still owe me a pint you tight northern git! :devil:

Though I don't suppose I can call you a northerner now, because I've moved to the same county as you! :)
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

HardofHerringGull wrote: You still owe me a pint you tight northern git! :devil:

Though I don't suppose I can call you a northerner now, because I've moved to the same county as you! :)
Do one.

.........And well done for moving to gods own country.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Positivity!

Wanted a meeting with Steve Breed to have a chat about a few ideas I had regarding the fans and the atmosphere around Plainmoor, so I gave the club a ring and I was put onto Steve yesterday, despite the busy schedule. Steve was very helpful and said he had a slot free at 3 o'clock the next day (today) and said to come up to the club. Mr Breed was ready before 3 o'clock, welcomed me, took a seat in one of the offices, asked if I wanted tea or coffee and we had a very good chat for about half an hour. He loved all the ideas, took me to the Popside to confirm ideas that I had, told me I was always welcome at TUFC and his door is always open.

We have the best possible Chief Executive at TUFC. Steve Breed is so switched on. It was the first time, in a long time, that I've come away from Plainmoor with a huge smile on my face and excited about the future!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:Positivity!

Wanted a meeting with Steve Breed to have a chat about a few ideas I had regarding the fans and the atmosphere around Plainmoor, so I gave the club a ring and I was put onto Steve yesterday, despite the busy schedule. Steve was very helpful and said he had a slot free at 3 o'clock the next day (today) and said to come up to the club. Mr Breed was ready before 3 o'clock, welcomed me, took a seat in one of the offices, asked if I wanted tea or coffee and we had a very good chat for about half an hour. He loved all the ideas, took me to the Popside to confirm ideas that I had, told me I was always welcome at TUFC and his door is always open.

We have the best possible Chief Executive at TUFC. Steve Breed is so switched on. It was the first time, in a long time, that I've come away from Plainmoor with a huge smile on my face and excited about the future!
I've never met or spoken to Steve Breed, certainly will personally thank and congratulate him and Dean when I'm next down that way. I've always thought he came across as an approachable and passionate person, this proves it, well done Danny for going in and Steve for meeting with him.
Formerly known as forevertufc
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by happytorq »

forevertufc wrote: I've never met or spoken to Steve Breed, certainly will personally thank and congratulate him and Dean when I'm next down that way. I've always thought he came across as an approachable and passionate person, this proves it, well done Danny for going in and Steve for meeting with him.
I don't think anybody who's been around either the Travel Club (which he ran for a long time) or the Radio Devon commentaries he's been on would be surprised at the passion and love for the club that Steve has. I hope he's able to channel that into his role as CEO, and from what was said above, being a fan in that respect will help him become more approachable. He very literally is 'one of us', and I think people will warm to that. I don't expect it to be smooth sailing - it's presumably quite a big job, and he will need to help stabilise the club before pushing on, but I think the level of communication he'll bring (and yes, I know, it's early days) will only help the club in the long run.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

Fair play to that.
Must admit he does speak very well and sounds very switched on after listening to his interview.

Let the good times roll again!!

Well done Dean & co.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Well done Danny!

Steve is the best possible person to have as Chief Executive in regards to ways of improving the atmosphere both visually and vocally. Now's our chance to get Plainmoor rocking again!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

What you will get from Steve is honesty, whether you like it or not. That's good enough for me.

Nobody should doubt his passion for the club and fair play to the guy for putting his money where his mouth is. I've always found Steve to be a friendly approachable guy but he won't get mugged off by anyone. I'd never have envisaged him as a CEO of the Club but the more I think about it the more I think it's a very shrewd move.

Best of luck Steve, you can always count on my support ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

I must say I welcome all the changes that have taken place recently, we all need to live within our means and that includes TUFC.
This new consortium certainly knows how to talk the talk and if we all respond to the rallying calls sent out by Dean and Steve by purchasing Season tickets and turning up for pre-season friendlies, perhaps we might have a chance of arresting this slide into the abyss.

Consortium requests.

Balance the books please!
No more rooky managers please!
No more contracts that could potentially cripple us, should it all go Belly up.... please!
Whenever possible, be open and honest with us...........please!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Balance the books please! YES
No more rooky managers please! Hopefully
No more contracts that could potentially cripple us, should it all go Belly up.... please! YES
Whenever possible, be open and honest with us...........please! YES
TUST MEMBER
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Southampton Gull wrote:What you will get from Steve is honesty, whether you like it or not. That's good enough for me.

Nobody should doubt his passion for the club and fair play to the guy for putting his money where his mouth is. I've always found Steve to be a friendly approachable guy but he won't get mugged off by anyone. I'd never have envisaged him as a CEO of the Club but the more I think about it the more I think it's a very shrewd move.

Best of luck Steve, you can always count on my support ;-)
Agree Dave.

First time I met Steve was at Harrogate for the cup replay.
Top bloke - had a great chat with him then and every other time I've met him since.
Never saw him as a CEO, but he will bring great passion and desire for the club.
A surprise choice some might say, but I know he'll give people a kick up the ar*e when required!
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

1 hour ago I bought a season ticket for Bristows Bench

Why, because of the consortium, because of the efforts Dean Edwards and Steve Breed and because the club needs all the help it can get at this juncture. And also I wanted to do something practical other than come on here and make my views known.

I have only ever bought a season once before when Colin Lee did the deal when we were in the conference last time.

To be honest, I will hardly use it, living in Basingstoke and my participation in my main sport which I prefer to do at weekends if I can. But this is the time to stand up and be counted, so its done.
TUST MEMBER
drummergull90
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by drummergull90 »

Great post Neil and echoes mine and my Dad's sentiments exactly. We both live elsewhere and work on most Saturdays but are both purchasing season tickets. Every fan that cares and can afford it should, makes such a difference to the finances.

Finally feeling optimistic after 3 years of torment. COYY.