Consortium update

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

The sooner the playing budget is finalised the better, every other club in the league is making signings, Lincoln have made several astute signings.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Chris Hargreaves must surely already have a shortlist of players to bring in, so he can begin work on this next week, or as soon as he knows his budget. We can only hope that any further delay does not leave us reliant on too many loan players during the season. A promotion challenge in this campaign was always going to be a hard task, but that would certainly put an end to any such thoughts.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Promotion is not what this club should be thinking about for this season. Stabilisation of the club, getting a group of players together who want to play football week in week out, give the fans something interesting to watch on a regular basis and lay a good foundation for the next season.

If we're going to get out of this league, we need to do it properly, with care and that may take some time, but we'll get there.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by A Realist »

Gullscorer wrote:Chris Hargreaves must surely already have a shortlist of players to bring in, so he can begin work on this next week, or as soon as he knows his budget. We can only hope that any further delay does not leave us reliant on too many loan players during the season. A promotion challenge in this campaign was always going to be a hard task, but that would certainly put an end to any such thoughts.
Thats of course if he's still the manager. A new set up might not fancy him to do the necessary.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

If a new set-up lets CH go, they would have to pay him off, which is money that could be spent on other things, such as rebuilding the squad. Better to keep CH and give him a chance with the new season. If we're in the bottom third of the table come the end of the year, I presume they would then review the situation.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

forevertufc wrote:If it's today or Monday, it's going to make little or no difference in the grand scheme of things, relax.
For me every day with no decision is a lost day. If you listen to the latest HE podcast DT says he's seen CH's 'shopping list' of potential signings but the list is shortening daily as other clubs snap up these players.
Should the new consortium decide to ditch CH there will be another delay. On this matter would a new manager wish to walk into this scenario? I guess there'll always be somebody but would that person be any good?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Don't disagree with you Nick. The reason why I believe it will make little difference is, we know the deal is agreed in principal, we know it's down to waiting for the paperwork to come back from the solicitors, unless either side has last, last minute cold feet, it's a done deal.

Therefore, and I can not speak for the consortium, and not trying to, as I do not know who they are, however, considering the position they are now in, I'm as certain, as I can be, that the consortium will already have their plans made, they'll know budgets etc, the formation of the new board will be known, it should be down the contracts being exchanged, as soon as that happens, the new board are off and running, so 48 hrs will make little difference.

As for the managers position, I've been speculating for a few weeks now, often when a club changes hands the manager changes too, it could happen ( wouldn't be surprised) it might not though, if it does, TUFC are still a relatively big draw at this level, and their are some good managers out of work, the likes of Cox (won this league with Mansfield) Devonshire think he's still between clubs, done a great job with nothing at Braintree, these managers are out there, but of course the TUFC job is not vacant, and who says it will become so.
Last edited by Dave on 12 Jun 2015, 13:47, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I'd like to see Hargreaves stay, but it's not my money that has been invested.

IF the consortium decide to get rid of CH, I would imagine they have already decided this themselves and spoken to potential replacements.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular

Post by A Realist »

forevertufc wrote:Don't disagree with you Nick. The reason why I believe it will make little difference is, we know the deal is agreed in principal, we know it's down to waiting for the paperwork to come back from the solicitors, unless either side has last, last minute cold feet, it's a done deal.

Therefore, and I can not speak for the consortium, and not trying to, as I do not know who they are, however, considering the position they are now in, I'm as certain, as I can be, that the consortium will already have their plans made, they'll know budgets etc, the formation of the new board will be known, it should be down the contracts being exchanged, as soon as that happens, the new board are off and running, so 48 hrs will make little difference.

As for the managers position, I've been speculating for a few weeks now, often when a club changes hands the manager changes too, it could happen ( wouldn't be surprised) it might not though, if it does, TUFC are still a relatively big draw at this level, and their are some good managers out of work, the likes of Cox (won this league with Mansfield) Devonshire think he's still between clubs, done a great job with nothing at Braintree, these managers are out there, but of course the TUFC job is not vacant, and who says it will become so.
Devonshire is now in charge of Maidenhead who he joined in May.
WestKentGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by WestKentGull »

I'm of the opinion that the new consortium will keep Hargreaves for the time being and re-evaluate his position once the season gets underway. Last season was just a disaster and best forgotten... however, Hargreaves will have to prove that he has what it takes this season with a squad that he will be solely responsible for.

With all that's gone on, I'm not expecting anything from the coming season apart from 100% commitment from players, staff and supporters alike. A mid-table finish (again) will be expected but anything less then the patience of the die-hard supporters who stuck with it last season will be sorely tested - if it hasn't been already seeing that ST sales are at an all time low.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Done deal! The club has new owners!
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

I hope we just consolidate next season and stay within the monetary limits,I would expect players and management to give 100% as they are professionals but the biggest player next season will you the supporters,we must get behind the club and do everything to make sure that Torquay United servive and build for the future,this is a fresh start to put Torquay back where we belong.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

The light at the end of the tunnel glows brighter ....... AND it's on the official website already !!!!! Great news.
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular

Post by A Realist »

Very best of luck to all those on the consortium. It takes balls to put your money where your mouth is and no matter how it pans out, they deserve credit for doing so.

It's time to start running the club in a more prudent manner and the first season or so might not be what we all wish for. However, long term it has to be done.