Club Ownership

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

We are now vitally dependent on the Dean Edwards deal going through. In the link below, it suggests that Bill Phillips has requested the money to be lodged by June 4th - just two days before the Conference AGM on June 6th when we have to be able to demonstrate we can complete our 15/16 season fixtures.

If the Edwards group falls through there appear to be 2 options:
a) We are unable to convince the Conference and are kicked out.
b) We fall into the hands of the 2nd bidder that is referred to, which could be Jed McCrory, who it has been mentioned, has links to Bill Phillips.

McCrory is the last person we want. Option A would be infinitely more preferable. Talk about cutting it fine.

http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/Sup ... witterfeed
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

hector
In the link below, it suggests that Bill Phillips has requested the money to be lodged by June 4th
Isn't it far more likely that the Edwards consortium requested that they be given until June 4th to come up with the money ?
I can't see why Bill Phillips would choose to wait until 2 days before the Conference AGM allowing him only 48 hours to try to negotiate with other bidders.

If the Edwards Consortium could get the money in the relevant account tomorrow, or far sooner than 4th June, then I can't see Bill Phillips saying 'No rush lads, you hang onto it a bit longer, as the most I'd need would be 2 days to sort everything before the Conference AGM'.

What is important, is that if the Edwards bid is successful, the fans get told whether the other bid really was from McCrory or not. Otherwise I can see the excuse of ' the only alternative was Jed McCrory' being trotted out regularly in future to stifle criticism of unpopular decisions.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

but I thought these things were all confidential ? After all. we haven't been told who the 50/50 deal set up by Kelvin Thomas was from, have we ? Although some have surmised elsewhere that there may have been either a Kernow or Irish connection with that one.

Added in 1 minute 53 seconds:
the only alternative may still be oblivion !!!! :S :no: !
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

We want and need an honest group of people in charge of our club. Dean Edwards and Steve Breed would be honest and have the best interests of the club at heart, I hope that they are in charge this time next week.

The alternative is too terrible to contemplate: oblivion or, potentially, people who probably aspire to building a housing estate on the ground. It is hardly a surprise that so many jackals circle around football clubs. When the head of the world footballing body is the man as he is, it sends a signal to the world that anything goes. Football is too precious to be entrusted to the likes of Blatter and the people that his behaviour encourages.
DaveysBarTab
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: none right now

Post by DaveysBarTab »

Honest maybe. Can they organise a piss up in a brewery? Basically were doomed if we do...
Seriously think we need someone at the top who knows what they are doing.
teeboo100
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by teeboo100 »

keep the faith people I could write a book about the last few weeks thank you for your supportive messages steve breed

Added in 1 minute 54 seconds:
oh and I reckon I could organise a piss up in a brewery in fact when this is done ime going need to get very drunk one night
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

Just want to take this opportunity to thank you Breedy for all your hard work and commitment. I have every faith in your ability. THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH. .
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/32913307

Good news. Surely a good thing that local businessmen want to get involved so they surely care about the Football Club and the area.

Feeling optimistic. Let's hope there are no hiccups and we can start planning for the new season soon.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Dreadful photo though, makes it look as if that metal set of goalposts is the club's
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

So the 10-man Edwards consortium - as it's now being referred to - also consists of Mark Bowen of MB Insolvency along with Steve Breed. Three down, seven to go. I have no idea of the other identities but wouldn't mind Alex Rowe and the Boyces being part of that group but that's pure speculation on my part.

Added in 4 minutes 5 seconds:
Bit more on Mark Bowen here: http://m.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/chu ... story.html

Seems like he would be a good fit given our precarious position.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Sounds promising - an astute businessman is what you need when your club's in dire straits.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

Is this still all alive and kicking?! I have just read something fairly recent saying its all gone to sh*t again??...
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

Where did you read this?
teeboo100
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by teeboo100 »

Tufc si ile.confirm again nothing repeat nothing has gone to shit as you put it.. This is and has been a very long process which is in no way our consortium's fault.. I a would love to confirm we are over the line but we are only receiving our due diligence report today.. Please though keep faith what I can confirm is we have a set of superb people on this who are quite frankly busting a gut to sort this.. Like Bill Phillips reported yesterday next week is a massive week in the history of torquay united football club....
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

teeboo100 wrote:Tufc si ile.confirm again nothing repeat nothing has gone to sh*t as you put it.. This is and has been a very long process which is in no way our consortium's fault.. I a would love to confirm we are over the line but we are only receiving our due diligence report today.. Please though keep faith what I can confirm is we have a set of superb people on this who are quite frankly busting a gut to sort this.. Like Bill Phillips reported yesterday next week is a massive week in the history of torquay united football club....
:-D