Potential Signings

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
gulls1989
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by gulls1989 »

Newport release 11.

Some decent players there, including Robbie Willmott, Lee MInshull, Aaron O'Connor and Adam Chapman.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32703882
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

gulls1989 wrote:Newport release 11.

Some decent players there, including Robbie Willmott, Lee MInshull, Aaron O'Connor and Adam Chapman.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32703882
And Mr Zebroski. Brucie might offer him a deal for when he is released, as he rates him so highly?
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

If we are still at this level next season, the Argyle released list is always a regular starting point to look for our next signings.

The big "release-ees" are Dominic Blizzard and Jason Banton. Both of whom I'd be happy with.

On a cheaper scale though, they have released River Allen (experience via a loan spell with Truro last season), Jamie Richards (played in the Conf last season on loan at Dartford), Matt Lecointe (was once highly rated but blighted by injuries) and Marvin Morgan (trialled for us once in the past and a known quantity at this level).
gulls1989
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by gulls1989 »

Scot Bennett is now a free agent after leaving that club from down the road.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

gulls1989 wrote:Scot Bennett is now a free agent after leaving that club from down the road.
Not exactly a potential signing for us though, is he?
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Jeff wrote:If we are still at this level next season, the Argyle released list is always a regular starting point to look for our next signings.

The big "release-ees" are Dominic Blizzard and Jason Banton. Both of whom I'd be happy with.

On a cheaper scale though, they have released River Allen (experience via a loan spell with Truro last season), Jamie Richards (played in the Conf last season on loan at Dartford), Matt Lecointe (was once highly rated but blighted by injuries) and Marvin Morgan (trialled for us once in the past and a known quantity at this level).
Tyler Harvey on their released list too, can see us signing him.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Tyler Harvey isn't on the released list - the BBC has him down as being offered terms (along with former Gulls in Anthony O'Connor and James Bittner)
Bomber
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Bomber »

Jeff wrote:If we are still at this level next season, the Argyle released list is always a regular starting point to look for our next signings.

I'd be happy with Richards as our left back, he also had a loan spell with Linfield in the Irish League and appeared for them in the Europa League.
Morgan will probably join Hartlepool as he spent the second half of last season on loan there; Lecointe currently requires another knee operation.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Jeff wrote:Tyler Harvey isn't on the released list - the BBC has him down as being offered terms (along with former Gulls in Anthony O'Connor and James Bittner)
Ah yes, too good to be true, my eyes betrayed me! Would've been a good addition.

River Allen plays as a Lathrope type player doesn't he? Could provide the protection we need for Young..
Bomber
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Bomber »

Portsmouth have released the following names. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32780132

Tom Craddock has played in this league before with Luton and Wes Fogden was with Dorchester in Conf South with Kevin Hill.
DaveysBarTab
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: none right now

Post by DaveysBarTab »

definitely a few names there who would prob do well for us. Can see Eastleigh, FGR or chelt going for Craddock. He would be a good strike partner(or replacement) for Bowman. James Norwood released by FGR I read somewhere....could be a very good signing if we get some sort of takeover sorted... priorities
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

DaveysBarTab wrote:definitely a few names there who would prob do well for us. Can see Eastleigh, FGR or chelt going for Craddock. He would be a good strike partner(or replacement) for Bowman. James Norwood released by FGR I read somewhere....could be a very good signing if we get some sort of takeover sorted... priorities

Norwood has already signed for Tranmere Rovers - so other clubs in our League are already starting to put their squads together.

I don't see the ownership situation being too much of a problem, provided something is sorted within the next few weeks - but anything beyond that and we really will start to fall behind others - particularly as we only have what SEVEN players signed up (MacDonald, Richards, Young, Briscoe Bowman, Odofin and Prynn) with offers tabled to THREE others but not yet signed (Lavercombe, Ives and Ajala). There is a lot of recruitment to do and some of those that Hargreaves (assuming he is retained by the new owners) would maybe like to make offers to (Harding, McQuilkin, Dawson, Guegan, Yeoman + maybe Daniel and Campbell) could well end up getting fixed up elsewhere while the takeover drags on .....

I would certainly imagine that Hargreaves will be looking very closely at those players being released by Plymouth and Exeter with young Richards and Allen at Argyle quite likely to be potential (and realistic) targets.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

bixieupnorth wrote:i think the story there is that he wouldnt sign the reduced contract posh offered him, so they loaned him out, they're a club who won't be held to ransom apparently
I believe they have a rule in place where any player with 1 year left to run on his contract is automatically put onto the transfer list. If they don't sign a contract, they're out.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Mattpuma
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by Mattpuma »

Braintree have signed Michael Cheek from Chelmsford City. He scored 32 goals in 66 games in the Conference South. This was a player who I thought we should be looking at for next season. Hopefully we wont be leaving it to the last minute and signing last minute gambles.
Tust member 191
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I refer you to my Harrop to Yeovil thread, until off field issues are sorted lets not get our hopes up on anything.
Formerly known as forevertufc