Torquay United V Newport County 22nd March 2014

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Dave_Pougher wrote:gonna log off now as I did on Tues,,,, then we scored..

cheers dave.

pity you didnt do it after 10mins............... :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

at least only exeter look to have won, but very very disappointed with this result

fifth corner for us, heading into injury time now
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

just had downes chance cleared off the line and then scooped over
still keeping the faith
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

bixieupnorth wrote:just had downes chance cleared off the line and then scooped over
f**king typical. :@
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

bo**ocks. :@

looking forward to going to york............................

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

f**kin barnsley have lost with virtually the last kick of the game! :@

time for me to abuse o'kane! :@

TUST Member 468

PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

bixieupnorth wrote:just had downes chance cleared off the line and then scooped over
Our best of the game, downes gets infront of his man square hits the Gk, not a save pure luck. Something you don't get down at the bottom
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Pathetic performance.

Only Pearce and Rice came out with any credit. No desire, no fight and certainly no quality.

I won't bother going to another game this season and support those poor excuses for professional footballers. Bring on next season when we can start again - the sooner we see the end of this season the better.
TeenageGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

Post by TeenageGull »

Somone please tell me how Enoch Showumni and Elliot Benyon are professional football players? Utterly shocking
Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

Just wish this season would end already and end the torture. Shocking.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

i blame brucie and austrianantheagull. =D

TUST Member 468

PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

How awful was Bodin too! What's Chappell got to do to get a game!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Swanny
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Swanny »

Another big disappontment and surely now it's only a matter of time before we are relegated. Today again showed we are are simply not good enough. We can complain about the harsh sending off for Goodwin but again we never looked capable of scoring. Crowd 2,874 which was not too bad considering the all ticketing fiasco. Sponsors MOTM going to the outstanding Pearce and twitter MOTM to Ricey who made some decent saves.

Torquay started brightly and took the game to Newport. We looked up for it and confident and we were passing the ball well. And yet on 8 minutes from Newport's first sniff at goal they scored. Following a free-kick the ball was fed through to Zebrowski on their right who finished slickly planting the ball over the advancing Rice. Torquay responded pretty well and went close from a couple of free-kicks from Nicholson and Bodin. Bodin then beat a defender and was clear in the box but shot wide. But on 34 minutes Goodwin went for a challenge in the air but led with his elbow and caught one their players. It did not look deliberate but Goodwin got a straight red card. It was now a mountain to climb for Torquay and in truth Newport should have finished the game off with several decent chances during the rest of the game. Zebrowski nearly got a second just before half-time but his shot just went wide

Torquay rarely threatened in the second half. Newport had numerous corners, hit the post, Ricey made some good saves. Hargreaves eventually used his 3 subs and finally went to 3 at the back when O'Connor came on for the hapless Tonge. Craig and Yeoman had replaced Nicholson and the ineffective Enoch. But sadly it was one way traffic and we had lots of near escapes. Our game plan had gone to pot and we were just playing hit and hope. Our only decent chance in the second half was an almighty goalmouth scramble in the 90 minute when 3 or 4 Torquay players had a stab at goal but the ball was just cleared off the line each time. That was our last chance and Newport held on comfortably.

So another defeat I have witnessed and in truth even if we had 11 players would we have scored? I doubt it and we are simply not good enough at this level. We only looked like we may score from set-pieces, not from open play. There were times in the second half when we became a comedy of errors - Rice's sliced kick, Tonge's consistent mistakes, there was even a player (I don't know who?) who instead of clearing the ball in our penalty area he actually trod on it! It's just hopeless and try as we might our team just have too many flaws in it. Only Pearce was our only outstanding player today and it's not the first time i've said that this season.
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

Swanny wrote:There were times in the second half when we became a comedy of errors - Rice's sliced kick, Tonge's consistent mistakes, there was even a player (I don't know who?) who instead of clearing the ball in our penalty area he actually trod on it!
Looked like Bodin from my angle...
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Lets start with some positives Pearce again outstanding, thought Downes was have having a good game until a couple of errors let him down, Nicho credit where's it's due had a decent game, we huff and we puff and do work hard but that's pretty much where it ends.

Got away with Tuesday thanks to Bury having clown in goal. We've lost the game today partly due to the sending, but mainly due to the fact we have absolutely no quality, no idea, and one tactic. distribution; Rice gets the ball, whack, hoof straight the middle to no one, the back four get the ball, whack, hoof, to no one, I am just beyond fed of watching it, get **** ball down and at least try to play with it.

Again 1-2 decent balls into the box, no one busting a gut to get on the end of it, or having gamble in there , decision making is pants, everyone makes mistakes, would never hang some body for it, but at least make a mistake trying to do the right thing, we pass when we should hold, hold when we should pass, and please can some one just shoot.

Turned up today really up for it, 2 wins at home, a win today gave a real fighting chance, we should played with confidence and come out of the traps on the front foot, but didn't. Plain fact time now, we're simply not god enough, haven't been all season, from the top right through to the dressing room, the club is rotten, and might pay a huge, huge price for it.
Formerly known as forevertufc