Congrats to Eunan

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Perhaps among the outfielders, but in his position, I think Bobby was as good as Eunan. He's miles better than liability Gazzanega, and he's in the Premier League having been signed for three million pounds (enough to buy ten Bobbys).

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

ferrarilover wrote:Perhaps among the outfielders, but in his position, I think Bobby was as good as Eunan. He's miles better than liability Gazzanega, and he's in the Premier League having been signed for three million pounds (enough to buy ten Bobbys).

Matt.
Agree 100%
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by bengull »

Agree, an outstanding goalkeeper. Lets hope someone else agrees with us - we have a nice juicy sell on clause should he be sold. (Thank you Martin Ling)
Chris B
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Chris B »

Totally agree about Eunan and Bobby being a cut above - both were an absolute pleasure to watch, and true professionals who endeared themselves to fans of a club they knew their ability would take them way beyond.

Remarkably I see Bobby has been dropped to the bench at Posh tonight. They trail 2-0 after conceding twice in the opening seven minutes!
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Chris B wrote:Totally agree about Eunan and Bobby being a cut above - both were an absolute pleasure to watch, and true professionals who endeared themselves to fans of a club they knew their ability would take them way beyond.

Remarkably I see Bobby has been dropped to the bench at Posh tonight. They trail 2-0 after conceding twice in the opening seven minutes!
Ronan Murray has scored and been sent off aswell in that game! anyone remember him?!
The gulls are going up
bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by bengull »

My abiding memory of Murray, sadly, is of him heading against the bar against Wycombe from about 3 yards out. The match finished 0-0 and started the stall of a possible automatic promotion. I think he went back soon after but we kept hold of Tomlin who was excellent in the play-offs.

Good to see he is playing at a decent level of football though. The quality of loans Bucks managed to get in during that season were very good indeed.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Chris B wrote:Totally agree about Eunan and Bobby being a cut above - both were an absolute pleasure to watch, and true professionals who endeared themselves to fans of a club they knew their ability would take them way beyond.

agree about both.

bobby wasnt in goal for their previous game either..........
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

My memory of Murray comes from about 30 seconds into his debut against Shrewsbury (a game famous for many reasons). He went in on a geezer in midfield, won the ball, skipped past another challenge (best described as agricultural) and rolled through a ball good enough to eat for Tomlin to pick up, streak away and nick in a classy finish to make it 1-0.

I always have a look out for Bobby on the FLS and I'm not really sure there's a goal which has been his fault, as yet. He hasn't come and flapped at a corner or cross, he hasn't mishit a kick straight to an opponent, he hasn't chucked one in his own net. All the goals Posh concede seem to be pretty ordinary goals, about which no goalkeeper in L1 (or, really, anywhere else) could do anything practical.

As to Eunan, he might well feature on Saturday's Soccer AM. It's Ballmouth doing the crossbar challenge, so there's every chance he'll be on that.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

Maybe,the reason that Bobby, appears to have been "dropped", is because there has been interest from another club? Just a thought. That fella, Day was it, that they had between the sticks on Sat; and I believe last night,does not look to be anywhere near the class of Bobby, so either Bobby is looking to move or the young(er) Ferguson needs his head read.

Have to agree with all that has been said here. Bobby & Eunan are the best that I have seen at TUFC. First class footballers (At non premiership level) and, a few other prima donnas, could learn a bit from there exemplary behavour and conduct both on & off the field. I wish they both still played for TUFC, but would like to wish them the very best of luck in their respective playing careers.
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
Magpiegull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Magpiegull »

and just named as MOTM by ITV in the Bournemouth v Liverpool fourth round cup match!
Last edited by Magpiegull on 26 Jan 2014, 00:41, edited 2 times in total.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

He had a very good game playing in front of their back four. Some passes of real quality at times and Roy Keane there to see it..not long before a call up to the EIRE squad. Good work Eunan.
MH91
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by MH91 »

Eunan, the only Bournemouth player to hit the crossbar on soccer am last Saturday. Congratulations for that as well.

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/t ... ournemouth
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Was given the itv man of the match against Liverpool as well
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Eunan has been linked with a move to Aston Villa and Norwich.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

usagullmichigan wrote:Eunan has been linked with a move to Aston Villa and Norwich.
Ker and Ching I would hope!

Sure we have a 15 or 20% sell on?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/