Ideas for Mr Candy

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

I agree that Steve was good but he has other commitments now plus the cost was getting too high.
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Thanks,Andy-wonder if there's anyone out there who could do something similar,but for free?
TUFC4EVER
New Signing
New Signing

Post by TUFC4EVER »

A Candy wrote:I agree that Steve was good but he has other commitments now plus the cost was getting too high.
If I remember, Steve only wanted a couple of advertising boards (Noodle It) as payment and never charged for his services which was fantastic of him. Also he said he would have stayed on doing it had they not been taken down so maybe it's not down to money is it for Steve not doing it anymore. Has he been asked recently at all, he is awesome and if putting up a couple of advertising boards is all he wants, why not do it.

Did Steve start charging the club money then?
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Gulliball wrote:I had heard rumours he copped a packet at Galipoli with the Aussies.
Forgive me Chris but is this Blackadder by any chance? Sounds familiar. :~D
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
TufcHills
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Karl Hawley

Post by TufcHills »

Andy, just a quick idea, have you or the club thought of maybe bringing back the nettist match? I remember playing in one only cost me £25 but I enjoyed every minute, maybe bring a bit of Income into the club with similar prices, 5-6 teams of 11 at £25 a head could help the club?
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Please bring the cross bar challenge back as we can't see whats going on from the stands with the new one.
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

I think the nettist matches were organised by the TUST or some other supporters group. There are always many requests to use the pitch at the end of the season so it would have to be organised and agreed with the Club in good time.
I am sure the cross bar challenge will return but not until the current competition has been completed and the holiday won by one lucky fan.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

The nettists match were organised by a guy who used to be a member of Mervo's site - went under the name "DoubleDel".

It was nothingto do with the club, although they obviously allowed the pitch to be used and allowed some players to play (as well as manager and back room staff).

Raised a lot of money for the club at the time, but as I say, it was a fan that ran it and not the club.

Maybe somebody could take it on again from this site?

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
BayGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jools Holland

Post by BayGull »

A Candy wrote:I think the nettist matches were organised by the TUST or some other supporters group.
Not so Mr Candy - the TUST had not been born when the 8 Nettist Matches took place (1999-2007)

They were organised independently by a staunch group of supporters known as 'The Nettists' and consisted of just 4 teams.

I am sure Scott Brehaut can tell you more!
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I hope very much that GILBERT will be performing 'The Bird's the Word' in the centre of the pitch tomorrow perhaps five minutes before kick off.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

After another relatively poor attendance today I would like to suggest that any unsold popular side tickets are sent to Portsmouth and a section of the stand given to away fans. We all know we need all the money we can get and our fans have had plenty of chances to buy tickets.

I was critical of the police for the Bristol Rovers shambles when fans in the home areas were not ejected when we were told they would be; but if it was communicated that pompey fans were to be offered any unsold tickets, and segregated correctly with a net or fence, we could hardly complain after having ample opportunity to buy them ourselves.

We are, by all accounts, in desperate need of money and it would be crazy to think there could be unsold tickets next week that could be taken up by pompey fans.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Than goodness for GILBERT! He was the one bright, positive moment of another dire afternoon. Keep him on! More dancing! More fun! More fireworks! More explosions! More anything!
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I think it's been mentioned on here before, but Andy, do you reckon there's any chance of an annual fans forum where supporters can go and perhaps here what the board and Alan Knill have to say? Get the players there, board representatives, yourself and the management duo (Kenny V aswell?) and just let them outline what they are aspiring towards?

I always remember one in 2007 when Keith Richardson and Colin Lee returned and I think over 500 fans turned up at the Riviera Centre for it (I know that was a crisis situation) but I for one would certainly be interested in hearing what the officials at the club have planned for both short and long term. Obviously there has to be a bit of closure and privacy, but at the moment I sometimes feel like there's no link between what we as fans get told, and what's actually happening. This creates the situation we have with confidential info being spread (obviously I don't expect us to announce our squad hours before a game though).

Hopefully it's something you can try and work on as I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking that we could do with finding out what direction the club actually want to go in, and I'm sure supporters have plenty of questions they'd like to ask. Again, some things won't be able to be answered but it'd just be nice to get more of an insight. Other clubs do it annually and it's something I'd like to see happen at Torquay.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

I was in newton abbot the other day and spotted 2 Torquay united shirts in sports direct. This is great, I think they may just be testing the sales at the moment as they were placed on a rail with the Newcastle shirts- in front of them on the hanger however! I also saw a calendar for next year in the calendar club.

*other sports and calendar shops available :-D
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

May I wish all on the forum a very happy Christmas and a healthy and prosporus new year.Although we all have our different points of view we all have Torquay United at heart so here,s to a great second half of the season.