Ideas for Mr Candy

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

A Candy wrote:I will speak to Tim and I am sure that is not beyond our capabilities. I imagine the women's team will benefit from your support!

Where do the ladies team play their home games?
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

I've got to say from a customer experience perspective it are these little things that can make the difference. Surely some sort of system can be sorted out for allowing popsiders access to the gulls nest they arrive after 1.45pm - maybe a single turnstyle for the family stand that also allows access to gulls nest for popsiders, with the person on that turnstyle able to count both. You could use hand stamps that people need to show to access certain areas of the ground.
Granted some people make try and take advantage but to be honest that is more likely that it is people in the popside who would try and pull a fast one (no offence popsiders!) than those who regularly sit in the family stand. If it is really a problem ask for a pound deposit from popsiders in exchange for a ticket that allows them to get it back when they enter the popside.
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

The ladies team has not got a dedicated home ground at the moment. This is something they are working on themselves. They can't play at Plainmoor for obvious reasons. When games are advertised we can show which pitch they are using.
SIDGULL
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by SIDGULL »

Andrew, the new procedures for entering the ground resulted in a small hiccup before our first match in that the period leading up to kick-off saw 3 turnstiles open for Bristow's Bench with no queues and only one open for the Family Stand, which had a longish and slow moving queue. It was apparent that fans were likely to miss the kick-off but the turnstile operators to BB were not authorised to allow FS fans through their turnstiles (I fully understand the issue around accountability for accuracy for numbers in different parts of the ground and also that the turnstile operators are required to follow procedures). The problem was resolved at the last minute but it had led to concern among those of us queuing. In discussion about the problem with Dean and a Board Member later, it was indicated that consideration might be given to ease the problem either with a dedicated season-ticket turnstile or a better balance between the FS and BB entrances. In view of the likelihood of a large crowd this week, I am wondering whether the situation has been looked at?

This is a simple query and certainly not a moan :)

The lesson I have learnt is to arrive at the ground rather earlier than usual - just in case.
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

Hi Sidgull,
Thank you for your comments. The number of fans sitting in Bristows Bench is much greater than in the Family Stand so the turnstiles have been split 3:1 in favour of BB. However, mindful that there were long queues at times we have spoken to the Safety Officer to change this earlier if long queues develop on Saturday and in the future. There will always be an element of queuing but we will try and keep this to a minimum. As you say, and the message we have tried to get across, wherever possible get to Plainmoor a little bit earlier.
Regards,
Andrew
SIDGULL
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by SIDGULL »

Many thanks for your prompt reply, Andrew.
The Farmers Friend
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by The Farmers Friend »

(Posted similar last night but I guess it disappeared in the server change - just saying in case it does reappear and I look like an impatient loon who keeps asking the same question...)

Re. entry to the Popside via the Gulls Nest: I take it the same policy outlined above applies for evening games, but what are the timings?

Thanks.
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

It will be until the turnstiles open so approximately 6.30-6.45 pm
paigull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by paigull »

Hi Mr Candy

I just wanted to bring up the subject of the handrails in Bristows Bench that are situated in between each lot of steps leading up to the back rows. Would it be possible to lengthen these so that they reach the bottom of each lot of steps down to the walk-ways as so many people, especially those with trouble walking, have trouble climbing them without the help of the handrails right at the bottom.

I would be grateful if something could be done about this & look forward to your response

Regards
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

I know that this is a subject that keeps coming up but there are no immediate plans to add further handrails.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Perhaps this is actually something that should be attended to though, what is the cost going to be to the club for a few handrails against the cost of annoying some regulars so much that they decide to spend their money somewhere else? It's this kind of thinking from the Club that really annoys me at times.

If plenty of people have already brought it to the Clubs attention then it should be a priority, not something that is to be ignored. Nothing against you Andrew as I'm sure your hands are tied and you're only passing back a response from higher up but they need to put the interests of the fans first for once.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

And not forgetting if someone were to have an accident which could have been stopped had a railing been there. I'd imagine that would cost more than just putting the railings in.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

f you struggle to walk so badly that two steps without a handrail is a meaningful problem, perhaps anywhere other than the front row of the Bench isn't the place for you. I struggle with swimming, so I hang out in the shallow end.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

ferrarilover wrote:f you struggle to walk so badly that two steps without a handrail is a meaningful problem, perhaps anywhere other than the front row of the Bench isn't the place for you. I struggle with swimming, so I hang out in the shallow end.

Matt.
That will depend on what seat you are allocated to sit in though Matt!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Ahaha, yeah, God forbid you should open your mouth and speak to another human being in order to make your life a little bit better at no meaningful cost to anyone else. Far better to keep quiet and grumble about it on the Internet later...

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"