andy is back, hello!!

General chat about anything else goes here.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

andy is back, hello!!

Post by bixieupnorth »

at long last mate, welcome back to the fold!! hope you've upped the dose of your calming pills this time pal!!

you've made my day!!
still keeping the faith
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Looks like I need more rolo's
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Darth knew he was coming back -

[youtube]j-G0v9sTllk[/youtube]

and, eminem's heard , now he's spreading the word (1st minute) -

[youtube]YVkUvmDQ3HY[/youtube]
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Hello again everyone and many thanks and kind regards for all the positive and complimentary comments I have read on here from many. It really is very much appreciated.

Well, I expect that a few of you had become a little tired of my platitudes and outbursts and were overwhelmed with joy and relief at having a forum without me. In addition I expect that the same people were becoming increasingly agitated at having to read positive comments about me by some truly wonderful and remarkable people in my 2 week absence.

I have sought some professional help in the last few weeks which I am not ashamed to reveal and and I am much more tuned in to what is happening with myself now. The help comes in the form of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy / Anger Management / Confidence and Assertiveness and having had a couple of sessions and read up on the subject areas I have discovered that many issues I have can be identified and helped by these forms of psychology. It is actually extremely interesting and makes a lot of sense and anyone with an interest in psychology will agree.

Basically I have been taught to try and accept things that happen even if I don't like them or they make me angry as my inappropriate reaction to the situation in question only harms me and not the perceived perpetrator or offender. For example, if someone cuts me up at a road junction my default reaction is to become aggressive and possibly gesticulate or shout something however, that reaction only serves to harm me. It changes my mood, changes my physiology and has no benefit to me whatsoever. The situation has happened, it has gone, there is nothing I can do about it and even if I were to carry out my default behaviours then the bloke driving the other car is probably such an arsehole that he will not learn from me telling him what he has done is unacceptable and he will most probably go and do it to someone else later on.

I am not responsible for the behaviour of other people and if they do things that I find unacceptable then by and large I just have to accept that what they have done is their responsibility and not mine and I shouldn't suffer because of what they have done. My problem is one of just trying to get along with everyone and also wanting everyone to have similar thoughts and beliefs to me within reason. This is impossible in reality and causes me great internal conflict and upset in trying to manage this.

I don't want this to become another 'oh andy churning out one of his self pitying jackanory numbers again' scenario because I don't feel self pity. I do feel relieved that on many occasions in my life I have been wrong when I thought I was right and onmany occasions on this forum I have also been wrong when I other have been right (although i'm STILL right about Billy though :nod: ). Many thought processes, beliefs and negative tendencies are formulated in youth and early adulthood and they become 'the truth' as far as one is concerned. I was anti everything and still am today and what I have learned these past few weeks is that everything I believe or think can be challenged and I can choose to let go of things that don't benefit me and adopt a different way of thinking.

Apologies for this post which should now be retitled AN EVENING WITH SIGMUND FREUD, hey it beats watching Ron Atkinson brushing his gnashers and picking the arse fluff out of his jacksy on celeb big brother! :) Anyway, enough of extremely intelligent Austrian neurologists and all i'm trying to say is that Happytorq is right, I have been embarrassingly sensitive and a cock too. Although in my defence, my reaction to USA's comment about the thread sucking was because I totally misunderstood what he meant by that comment. However, regardless of that it was a total overreaction and more assertive people would have just made light of it or ignored it.

The reason why I have problems using this forum is all down to my outlook and attitude and not so much other posters. I'm not going to hide and i'll admit that there a few who use this site that I do feel sorry for and they really get on my thruppenys but I guess that others can say the same about me AND others too. We can't like everyone and we can't get on with everyone and so I shall stop trying to, it's unfeasible. But they can do whatever they like, I can change and I can see that taking a step back and thinking about a post I am angry or disappointed with BEFORE I make my response is the way forward and will help me get the most out of this forum.

I enjoy it and I am am damned if I am going to let MYSELF stop me from using it and enjoying it. It is not other forum members that are ruining it for me, I am doing that myself. I am responsible for how I react and what I post and I am NOT responsible for others. If I have a problem with other posters then that is MY problem not theirs and if other posters have a problem with me then that is THEIR problem and not mine and I am not responsible for their comments or views.

Well sorry about the length of the this to which I expect a Happytorq response of tl:dr which is absolutely fine and just to let you all know that I am overjoyed to be returning to the fold and I can crack on and take one day at a time. I will continue to post inane stuff as that is just me but I may refrain from taking the p*ss so much out of other places and their inhabitants as I can totally understand that it is pretty childish and uncalled for. People can't help where they live generally and most will be great people that I am needlessly slagging off. I am ashamed of that.

On the positive side, I have to thank chunky for such stoic support of me! (I just hope to God you aren't a homosexual chunky :'( ) Please, please don't write in saying that's homophobic - It's not. :na:

PLUS a little present for TAXILADY if she is reading this. I did say that if I ever posted on the forum again then i'd give the first person who responded to any post £20. She responded on the Northampton player ratings thread, a very kind response too I may add and so true to my word I will send you £20 taxilady if you PM me and send me any address you want me to post it to. This bloody forum costs me more than Ladbrokes! Richinns got a tenner last season when I bet Bodin wouldn't score AND HE BLOODY DID!! THAT IS HOW SH*T AM I AT GAMBLING AS BILLY NEVER SCORES!! :aww:

Anyway, hope I am welcome back but if not then it's not my problem it's yours. :~D
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

:goodpost: :bow:

good to have you back, just enjoy the forum for what it is. :)

if people dont like your stuff "f*** em" they are in a minority and they dont have to read it. if anything p1$$e$ you off just take a bit of time out, no worries.

at least you did a positive thing and got help for whatever it is that has bothered you. there are many people these days, and no doubt including many of us on this forum that need some sort of help or counselling at some time.

and yes, im a homosexual and would love to dress you up. :~D read the borderline boiler thread, if it breathes and its male.... i would!
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Welcome back Andy. Lot's of love fella :)
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

and a rolo too?! This day just gets better! LOL (i'm using lol as my smileys don't work at the mo ).

Cheers USA
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

I'll raise the Rolo to a cream egg.
Heritage gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Heritage gull »

Welcome back Andy. I am So pleased you are posting again. I find ALL of your posts interesting and entertaining! I really like your analogy about road rage too. I am going to adopt your thinking on this because it makes a lot of sense. Thank you 'Sigmund'.
Can't wait for your Hartlepool thread!!
HG
TUST member 077
bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by bengull »

Too articulate, didn't understand.

Welcome back mate.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Cheers Ben. I'm relaxing peoples. :-D
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Welcome back Andy.

It may surprise you to know that I am also undergoing cognitive behavioural therapy for my own issues regarding Chronic Fatigue that I have been suffering. Hope you get on okay and continue posting the usual crap you spew out!! :)
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

stevegull wrote:Welcome back Andy.

It may surprise you to know that I am also undergoing cognitive behavioural therapy for my own issues regarding Chronic Fatigue that I have been suffering. Hope you get on okay and continue posting the usual crap you spew out!! :)

Cheers Steve

Your post has given me the opportunity to highlight what I find difficult.

I have officially been diagnosed with CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome) but it doesn't stop me doing what everyone else does, just that I suffer for it big time. I cannot honestly decide whether or not your post is a malicious one or a genuine one and that is a big problem for me. I see you as a decent genuine poster so obviously I take it the way it is meant, a decent and supportive post yet I am analysing it for hints of sarcasm or digs because parts of it do have negative connotations and could be mistaken for them. I trust you understand and people can see how easy it is to get confused. If you want to talk about CFS Steve and coping mechanisms then I am more than happy to let you know the things I do to try and get that extra edge if you send me a pm.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

Hurrah, he's back!! Keep the £20 quid towards all the extra £2s you have to pay cos you can't buy in advance at Plainmoor!! And don't accept any presents from USA...when I asked for a Rolo as consolation for a 'dig', he revealed that he had already licked it! And yes, I have already done a pyschoanalysis on him (not sarcastic, Andy, I did a course a few years back;also have suffered in more recent years on 'your' side of the fence.It's far more common than sufferers realise). Not much hope for him, but stay with us this time please Andy!! :)
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Heritage gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Heritage gull »

bengull wrote:Too articulate, didn't understand.
Fair enough. Put simply.....welcome back Andy. Missed you. Looking forward to Hartlepool match day thread.
HG :nod:
TUST member 077