Player to bring in (suggestions)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

brucie wrote:Like it or lump it Rendell is a tall striker so as such would be a replacement for Howe. He may not be the same type of player but he still is to a certain extent a like for like player. However Rendell isn't as quick,skilful,strong or as good in the air as Howe. If he has been transfer listed by a conference club I am not sure why he is good enough for us.
Don't know much about the other triallist but I think he has gone from Bournemouth to Crawley to Portsmouth on loan. Not sure that he is the answer either.
Have Luton actually transfer listed him? And if they have is it really because they don't want him? Or because of finances or at his request because he wants back in the League?
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

brucie wrote:Like it or lump it Rendell is a tall striker so as such would be a replacement for Howe. He may not be the same type of player but he still is to a certain extent a like for like player. However Rendell isn't as quick,skilful,strong or as good in the air as Howe. If he has been transfer listed by a conference club I am not sure why he is good enough for us.
Don't know much about the other triallist but I think he has gone from Bournemouth to Crawley to Portsmouth on loan. Not sure that he is the answer either.
Was Howe not poor in the air for a big man?
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Has Rendell been transfer listed? If he has, it's not necessarily because Luton want rid of him. Perhaps he's expressed a desire to leave (there could be any number of reasons why he would). It's a shame he didn't show much last night - but I think he's a decent enough striker at this level. One game is hardly sufficient to base an opinion. Benyon took time to get fit last season and perhaps Rendell is suffering similarly from lack of games. If he signed tomorrow i'd not be dissapointed. He and Benyon complimented each other well before, and could do again.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Yes Rendell was one of four players listed as I said on another thread - surplus to requirements. If he isn't fit why not? - he is still contracted to Luton so why hasn't he been training then?.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Just to add fuel to the Stockley fire:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23341951

Suspect he will be high on the pecking order (or we have at least told Bournemouth this otherwise why would they let him sit on the bench here rather than with them).

Exactly what we are asking for and although he is no ours I have a good feeling about this guy and what he can give us next year.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Sure Greavsey will be saying its a good place to come and put in a word on our behalf,as will O'Kane.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Behind-the-Gulls wrote:Sure Greavsey will be saying its a good place to come and put in a word on our behalf,as will O'Kane.
I am not sure how O'Kane feels after the Ling incident. Anyway - I expect this to go through and I am happy with this if it does.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
BayGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jools Holland

Post by BayGull »

Leon Constantine is available at the moment - a free agent looking for a club! :)
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

BayGull wrote:Leon Constantine is available at the moment - a free agent looking for a club! :)
I'd have him upfront.

For my pub team.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Any recent news on Jordan Robertson?
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Robertson has featured in a couple of trial games for Mansfield, but apart from scoring in one of them, doesn't seem to have made much of an impression so doubt he will be offered anything there. Given that he headed for Yeovil, instead of us, it may well be that Alan Knill has moved on I suspect.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

CP Gull wrote:Robertson has featured in a couple of trial games for Mansfield, but apart from scoring in one of them, doesn't seem to have made much of an impression so doubt he will be offered anything there. Given that he headed for Yeovil, instead of us, it may well be that Alan Knill has moved on I suspect.
Cheers. Yeah may well have burned his bridges.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Where do people stand on Robertson/Rendell, both previously played on loan for us - but who would you rather have?

After last night, slightly leaning towards Robertson as I feel he has more of a presence up front than Rendell, but it's a tough call.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Robertson was the better striker of the two and always looked more capable of playing at a higher level. But as I said on the previous thread discussing him (unless it was in this one), I'm not sure I'd welcome him back with his history. Rendell is a perfectly capable player at this level, and when match fit would be a decent addition.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

I think if we had the cash I would be happy with both Rendell and Robertson as I think any two of them (inc. Benyon) could play together. As it is, especially with Yeoman and Sullivan deserving of there chance I would probably prefer Robertson if he is fit and mentally together after his previous issues in life.
Speaking of strikers, we know that Bodin can do a job through the middle but can either of the two new wide boys play up top?
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084