Poke

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Whatever the team for the remaining four games, whether it's Poke in goal or Martin Rice, we as fans have got to get behind the team. I don't share the view that it is inevitable that we will lose at Gillingham. I do have concerns about the Barnet game, though. They are not conceding many goals so I am expecting it to be one of those horrible tight edgy games with few chances. Five points would see us safe - a win and two draws. It's not over until the fat lady sings ..... so let's keep believing !!
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

At times like this, we need only one man. A certain Mr Sills!!
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

ROADRUNNER wrote:torn muscle in the chest due to coughing and sneezing from the chest infection he had, and thats from accora himself, so hows that mystic forking meg! (ferrari) :clap:
Sounds like an INJURY to me. Anyone else?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I'm sure you said a rib injury Matt....

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

I'm not a Dr, anything in the chest is a rib, anything below the waist is a leg. In fairness, Knilly did say in his post match comments that it was an injury and why would I disbelieve him?

Matt.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

ferrarilover wrote:I'm not a Dr, anything in the chest is a rib, anything below the waist is a leg. In fairness, Knilly did say in his post match comments that it was an injury and why would I disbelieve him?

Matt.
You obviously think a lot of yourself then :rofl:
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

ferrarilover wrote:I'm not a Dr, anything in the chest is a rib, anything below the waist is a leg. In fairness, Knilly did say in his post match comments that it was an injury and why would I disbelieve him?

Matt.
I'm not a dr either, but I'm pretty sure a rib isn't a muscle

STIP
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

look does it really matter dr matt , injury or illness the guy wont be playing on saturday, its a tear in the muscle according to damo, thats good enough for me. if knilly said it was injury he is probably right as it was caused by coughing due to a chest infection which caused the tear so yes its a injury but not caused by the football! :-D
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Rumours we can take with a pinch of salt but one I heard and attributed to someone (won't say who but it is essentially one of three people) who co-commentates on Radio Devon at times, is that Poke is out for the season and that the club are going to persist with Rice.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

If that is true, pokes next match will be in the Blue square premier
Lucy
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

lucy6lucy wrote:If that is true, pokes next match will be in the Blue square premier
I don't wish to upset folk and i think Ricey has been unfairly criticised but i agree, no Poke no Football League. He has been our best player this season IMO and keeps out chances every game which should be goals and i cannot think that Rice will achieve the same standard in the remaining games IF this rumour is true. I'm sure it's not true but nothing would surprise me.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

You know when we're doing badly on the pitch when people resort to talking about where a rib is placed on the human body just to avoid facing the problems!
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

hector wrote:Rumours we can take with a pinch of salt but one I heard and attributed to someone (won't say who but it is essentially one of three people) who co-commentates on Radio Devon at times, is that Poke is out for the season and that the club are going to persist with Rice.
If it's Breedy or Dave Thomas, we're ****, if it's that mouthy prick who insists on telling us the **** ing Premier League scores rather than commentate on the game, we'll be just fine.

Matt.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

austrianandygull wrote: I don't wish to upset folk and i think Ricey has been unfairly criticised but i agree, no Poke no Football League. He has been our best player this season IMO and keeps out chances every game which should be goals and i cannot think that Rice will achieve the same standard in the remaining games IF this rumour is true. I'm sure it's not true but nothing would surprise me.
Andy and Lucy,

Given that both of you (and others) are convinced we are down WITH Poke in goal, the fact that he MAY be out for the season shouldn't make any difference should it?

By my reckoning, if we are down anyway (given by posts of late I get the impression that most think we are anyway) what does it matter if Rice is in goal......

STIP
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

I never got a real answer, is Pokey definitely out?

Matt.