Torquay United v Bradford City - 1/4/13

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
al roxzar
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: danny stevens

Post by al roxzar »

Back in trouble,terrible game today,this current security team from Plymouth go out of their way to suppress our need to support the team,apparently they do not even recognize our own long standing directors and accuse them of abusing the manager ,hopefully things will be better next season
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

I had brown sauce on top of my chips,, I do hope that has no direct or indirect racist connotations and I hope nobody was offended. If they were I apologise unreservedly.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Dave_Pougher wrote:I had brown sauce on top of my chips,, I do hope that has no direct or indirect racist connotations and I hope nobody was offended. If they were I apologise unreservedly.
Dave.P I have allways respected you as a forum poster, so I will do no more than treat this post with the contempt it deserves.
Formerly known as forevertufc
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

I stand near them (on the end of the same block as them next to the chap most people know as he always shouts "COME ON UNITED" every game with his loud voice. I did not hear the Bradistan comment but I have no reason to dis belief Forever. I do however do not think they meant it in a racist way either. But everyone will take it how they see it. And thats there right to do so as well.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Can we get back to the match thread please?

Question - there is no MOTM thread yet. Is that because there were no performances worthy of a vote?

If so I can quite agree. Given a gift of a goal at the outset we should have gone on to control the game but no - we seemed devoid of spirit today, as though Bradford were supermen who were bound to win the three points.

The defence was played off the park today, particularly McDonald, and the only surprise was that we didn't concede more. If it had been a boxing match, the referee would have stopped the bout!

The midfield were anonymous and hardly made a mark other than Ladabie's goal. Bodin was, quite frankly, abysmal.

And as for the front men - Howe seemed disinterested (perhaps because of the yellow card situation) and Benyon ran up blind alleys all game.

Even the crowd was poor - both in numbers (2,500 on Easter Monday is pathetic) and in vocal support.

We are now deep in the mire - miracles needed now please Mr Knill!
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
Bitchie Renault

Post by Bitchie Renault »

MHSGULL wrote:I was stood next to lads on the Pop side. there was NO racist chants atall. They were singing England England, at at one stage sang the National Anthem. At no time was it directed at Bradford fans, they were watching the game at the time of singing. As someone has said, they were giving thier mate stewarding by the tunnel worse grief in songs.
So why do you suspect were they singing 'England, England' and the national anthem?
Surely there are only two reasons to do so, to support the team when you're watching England (which they weren't) or to make a small-minded reference to something non Anglo-Saxon...
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

forevertufc wrote:Dave.P I have allways respected you as a forum poster, so I will do no more than treat this post with the contempt it deserves.
lol,, fair enough,, but it wasn't aimed at anyone just trying to make light of a situation that as I see it, may just have got slightly out of hand.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I actually thought it was more about the latest things with the Ferdinands, rather than anything against Bradford's asian community.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

austrianandygull wrote::@ The luck has deserted us. What confidence Shots will get from that result. York have stopped the rot. I'm f*cked off right now!!

In the words of a Grimsby legend:

The teams at the bottom can f*ck off, they couldn't win a their money back on a 1 pound scratchcard a few weeks ago and now they're winning every f*cking week!!!! :@

Howe can f*ck off, he's going anyway and he's been worse than useless since Christmas!! Labadie has outscored him from open play this year and he's a midfielder and not even on a contract!!! Thanks for the service Rene now just go. :@

Bodin can f*ck off, i could put a collection of seahorses on the pitch and they would score more goals than him and they don't even have any f*cking legs!!! Disgrace for most of the season and just leave Bodin. You've had nearly 40 games and all you've done is win us a penalty against Exeter and done a few flicks here and there!!!!! :@

The board can f*ck off!! Bloody Mark from THE HOTEL on telly is more decisive than you and his business failed!! Yours is about to do the f*cking same as you've had your Frank Sidebottom heads shoved so far up your arses that you've failed to see the light at the end of the tunnel and failed to see the team needed help. Thanks for the new stand and all that but next season there will be nobody to sit in the f*cking thing!! Hope your pleased for NEEDLESSLY putting us through the mill again and risking our future just for the sake of a few quid. Christ, you've only spend a few grand on Bodin and that transfer was made up of a large donation from a very kind lady. It was also a complete waste. :@

Gillingham can f*ck off, another dump and a loss. :@

Plymouth can f*ck off, those bunch of losers shouldn't exist any more the cheating tw*ts!!! :@

Referees can f*ck off, i've seen one , ONE ref that has had a good game this season from about 14 games. How is it possible to be THAT sh*t?!! The football league need to mug 'em off and start again as they are an absolute disgrace!! Why should we have the complete arseholes who are not good enough to be higher up? If they're sh*t they're sh*t and shouldn't be allowed to ref full stop !! :@

Ling can not f*ck off as i respect his illness difficulties but just cancel your contract and leave us alone. Taylor and yourselves are heavily responsible for this and you aren't wanted nor needed next season. :@

My illness can f*ck off!! Third month in and i feel like sh*t. My doctor is giving me some answers this week or i'm up for some!!! Get paid a fortune and it takes them about 12 years to diagnose a serious virus. Jokers. :@

Bank holidays can f*ck off!! Why them and not the rest of us? They've already helped fleece us of all we have and now they've got a few extra days off to spend it the w*nkers!!! :@

Easter can f*ck off!! Eggs in the shops in January, can't go anywhere Easter weekend as everything is clogged up with hordes of people, travel experts on telly talking about the great Easter getaway and if you fancy jetting off to Dubai for a few days to recharge and get away from it all in blighty. I'd f*cking love to mate but like millions of others i live in the real world where i haven't got a pot to p*ss in and my Easter weekend consisted of being ill and a trip to McDonalds and Blockbusters. I could have stretched to a day out at Bridlington but decided against it because IT'S F*CKING FREEZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, i'm stuck in the house listening to absolute vaginas like you rubbing it in and making me need axtra medication!! You f*ck off to Dubai and don't come back!! Jesus!! :@ :@ :@

The BSP can f*ck off!! Going to small villages again and fighting for 1 automatic spot. Can't wait. :@

Gas can f*ck off! I'm 100% sure i've got a leak as i'm on a card meter and it's costing me a bloody arm and a leg. I'm topping up every few days! :@

Council Tax and benefit reforms can f*ck off! I have to pay short of a hundred quid for my council tax each month, lazy tw*ts who can't get off their drug addled backsides use the same services as me so they should be forced to f*cking pay for it job or no job!! Let's all go on the dole and get everything free, makes me puke. These aren't humans. :@

Positivity AND Negativity can both f*ck off!! 11 men can keep us up, nothing else. :@

Fish can f*ck off!! Try pan-frying a piece of white fish and see what happens. It burns, sticks to the bottom of the pan and become flakes. Another meal for the cats whilst i get a tin of beans from the cupboard. I'd order a takeaway but it would take me a month to decide as there are about 473 in our village alone. That's all our village is now, a couple of pubs full of absolute bellends, 473 takeaways and a chippy, a bookies, a tattoist, a petrol station selling at 3 grand a litre and a park which has been closed for 6 months for 'refurbishment'. :@

Torquay can f*ck off if they think they're going to up ticket prices next season. :@

I've been negative for months and months and been incredibly positive for the last few weeks but Knill has won 2 in 9 and now he has to win probably 2 in 4 including one at Gillingham whilst we get zero luck and other teams are pulling out results. If we don't beat Barnet we will be going down and i can't see past that at the moment.

lets just hope that 2 of york, shots, gargs, barnet, D&R, accres, wombles just.................f**k off! :@
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Not to depress people even more (even though it will), but both Plymouth and Aldershot have a game in hand over us.
TUST member 203
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Don't think so to be honest nick there was no mention of the Ferdinand's or bonfires, also it was the timing of the chants which only started after a Bradford player went through Benyon and their fans in the bench responded to taunts of you dirty northern etc.

However think Alex and dave.p might have a point, it could well have been more missguided than anything else, and Modgull is right time to move on, just needed to make the point our team needs positive support from it's fans, not having to listen to 90 minutes of chanting for England, Joe Barlow or anything else.
Formerly known as forevertufc
chardie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by chardie »

Sorry thats utter rubbish, singing about England and god save the queen, was aimed at Bradford in reference the large asian community around that area, do not even try to excuse it, it may not directly racist, but has racist connotations.

If it was at every game fair enough, why only Bradford, do not play me for a mug, I am not stupid.[/quote]

Calm down dear, it's was a football game not Mississippi Burning.
TUST No 278
Mav
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Mav »

MHSGULL wrote:I was stood next to lads on the Pop side. there was NO racist chants atall. They were singing England England, at at one stage sang the National Anthem. At no time was it directed at Bradford fans, they were watching the game at the time of singing. As someone has said, they were giving thier mate stewarding by the tunnel worse grief in songs.
Nobody has ever sang those chants at Plainmoor, if you really believe what you typed, your even more naive than your post suggests.

As for the performance, dire. Relegation is a distinct possibility. If we play like that again, we will finish the season on 46points.

Alan Knill if you read the forum - please don't bother with Billy again, I'm sure he wants to do well, but currently he dosen't have a clue.

As for man of the match - where they taking the p*** ? Brian Saah, please geta grip
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Hello Chardie, it was cold and dire 2day
Hope things are good with you
Your favourite Shop CS
chardie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by chardie »

SBP wrote:Hello Chardie, it was cold and dire 2day
Hope things are good with you
Your favourite Shop CS

Hello mate!

Great to hear from you, sounds like one of those days and shock horror wacist chanting to boot! :lol:

Not back until May and will see you then.

Whatever league we are in next season ill be there and moving my mob over from the Family Stand to the Pop as the kids have decided they want to go where all the people that shout go!!

Cheers

COYY!
TUST No 278