Progress not Perfection

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
davidcaldwell123
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Marl Loram

Progress not Perfection

Post by davidcaldwell123 »

Its obvious the club is going through transition and have many challenges on and off the pitch, its important everyone supports the club moving forward. Transition and change takes time, based on your strategy having milestones to measure progress and critical success factors is vital moving forward.

All the emotion is around results, the board I think have coped admirably in many areas and have the best interests of the club as their first priority, managing budgets and all the commercial aspects of the club is the basic part of laying the foundations for the future, having the correct people and best practice in place will improve the chances of better success moving forward.

On the pitch the transition of players in and out, by choice or forced situations, has undoubtedly lessened our chances of staying in the league, Kevin in his first job as manager has had to balance the playing and management side of affairs, all very challenging and mistakes will be made.

Moving forward, hoping Kevin provides progress over the next few games is all that can be expected, undoubtedly he will be measured by his results and I am sure he's not naïve enough not to expect this, setting and management expectations will all be part of his learning curve and coming through the other side in good shape is not about proving the doubters wrong, its about proving to himself, he has what it takes to mature and become a first class manager.

I think we all should wish the club much success moving forward and support the club to the best of our ability, I am down for the Altrincham game and will be trying to help out in some commercial way to support the club, also looking to get a game organised at the end of the season, every little bit helps and we can all do our bit.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

The only problem with this is that all the players signed are only on contract till the end of the season, so when we are relegated at the end of the season none of them will stay here.
BayGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jools Holland

Post by BayGull »

brucie wrote:The only problem with this is that all the players signed are only on contract till the end of the season, so when we are relegated at the end of the season none of them will stay here.
There are plenty of part-time hopefuls in the South Devon League 'brucie' .. I am sure there will be lots of contacts made by the one who ticks all the right boxes!
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

It would seem that we have been going through a transition phase ever since the days of Mike Bateson. With every transition we seem to fall deeper and deeper into the mire!

Part time, pub team football is beckoning!
Last edited by kevgull on 02 Feb 2016, 19:43, edited 1 time in total.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Good post. It is clear we are going down this season so the remainder is effectively a 3 month job interview for Nicho. I think I have read his contract expires at the end of the season, rather than a rolling contract, so if this the case he has between now and the end of the season to convince the board and fans he's the right man to bring us back.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

It's not clear we are going down this season at all.

It's not looking good, I'll grant you that, but we are not down yet!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Scott Brehaut wrote:It's not clear we are going down this season at all.

It's not looking good, I'll grant you that, but we are not down yet!!

I hope you're right mate but I just cant see it.

I'll continue to cheer the lads on every other Saturday but this would be the greatest comeback since records began! KN has won two league games so far and somehow we need to get around 10 more...
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

All this bull shit that a manager has come in and we are in transition any other club would have taken some kind of action. A manager can only be judged on the players he's signed and the way he puts the side together. The manager needs to learn from mistakes!

In the next few weeks I hope I can see a difference as there is no point in all the changes unless it's for the better.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

brucie wrote:The only problem with this is that all the players signed are only on contract till the end of the season, so when we are relegated at the end of the season none of them will stay here.

"the only problem is ..." B*ll*x. You know as well as we all do there are a good many problems at the club. That includes the club having so-called fans who disparage every decision, rubbish every signing, and generally p1ss people off with their constant whingeing n matter what the news may be. If we signed up Pep Guardiola, it would be "City reject".

Yes, the players are signed till end of season, so when we are relegated (as you so sagely predict) it will show that they weren't worthy of a longer contract anyway. So, where's the problem?

The team that will go into the next league match will be virtually unrecognisable compared with a pre-Christmas Torquay team. It will be so much more like Nicho's team, put together on an amazingly restricted budget, therefore representative of our true resources these days. We just have to wait and see .... with open minds.
TUST member 200 ;-)