Buckles Back

General chat about anything else goes here.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Buckles Back

Post by brucie »

As Cheltenham manager
northyorkshiregull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: benyon

Post by northyorkshiregull »

Is about to become the new cheltenham town manager!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

I didn;t even know they had sacked Mark Yates. what made this happen. he has nothing to work with there much as we have nowt here. yet they expect him to work miracles as well. Well good luch to them,
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
NorfolkGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nicky Wroe

Post by NorfolkGull »

Great to have him back! Been downhill here since he left.
Good luck to him
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Any chance you could amend the thread title, Tezza? The missing apostrophe is making me twitch.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

ferrarilover wrote:Any chance you could amend the thread title, Tezza? The missing apostrophe is making me twitch.
Matt.
That still wouldn't clarify the confusion as to whether the thread is about his lumbago or a slipped disc... :)
Hubert Parry
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Hubert Parry »

Hi guys (me again!).

I wondered whether any of you would be kind enough to outline what we at Cheltenham can expect from our new manager?

His reputation comes as very mixed, but I see Torquay as being a far more similar club to ourselves than either Rovers or Luton, so would be fascinated to hear what you guys have got to say!

Good luck for this season - I think you will make the playoffs having seen you play a couple of times. Would love to see you back in the FL (and thanks for beating Martin Allen - that always goes down well!).

Cheers. :)
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Thanks HP. Paul Buckle is not a miracle worker, but he's a first class manager and coach. His record at Torquay and in the shorter time he was at Luton speaks for itself (he never had much of a hope at Bristol Rovers in the prevailing ethos and atmosphere there). He also achieved very successful results as a coach at the New York Metropolitan Oval. He is very driven by personal ambition, and there's nothing wrong with that, even though he was criticised by many Gulls fans for the manner in which he left the club to take the Rovers job. Cheltenham is very fortunate to have him as their new manager.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

He's a snake. He's into his third wife and all three have overlapped. That's to say nothing of banging his manager's wife while bunking off training during his playing days.
He has no people skills whatsoever and his total inability to regulate his emotions and act in the best interests of his players WILL cause problems in the dressing room.

However, he's an outrageously good coach. He'll turn you into a magnificent footballing side. Forget all this from recent years about signing 11 sprinters and just getting in behind, you'll be playing really neat and tidy stuff from back to front.

He was given more money here than you probably imagine, but he did, by and large, use it well. He'll get in endless loanees, but they shouldn't be rubbish.

Buckle's really all or nothing. He could well get you promoted, but you'll have to back him, you'll have to trust him and you'll have to accept that you, as Cheltenham, are going to be spending beyond your means to achieve success. If it all goes tits up, you'll be in the shit for the few years after.

If he's still with her, his missus is pretty hot, so that's a bonus.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Gullscorer wrote:I sometimes wish I was a snake.. :)

Sexist pig ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Gullscorer wrote:Shaun North leaves Cheltenham: http://www.gloucestershireecho.co.uk/Sh ... story.html
Very surprised at this. I always thought that the Buckle/North partnership was close. Obviously Shaun has decided not to work with PB again .......