A Cobblers fan passed away yesterday..

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plymouth Gull

A Cobblers fan passed away yesterday..

Post by Plymouth Gull »

..After their game against York.

I'm not really sure what, but is there anything the club can do on Saturday? Perhaps a minutes silence?

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/ ... -1-5802826
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

I don't think a minute silence is appropriate here, but a mention over the tannoy to pay respects would be a good gesture.
Graiser
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by Graiser »

Pafc supporter yer just a thought, We had a similar sad incident when we played Cheltenham earlier this season, a supporter had a heart attack and died while walking home after the game, the PASOTI members had a whip round using pay pal etc and gave it to the local Cheltenham British legion.
Good result for you boys yesterday , chuffed for you really hope you stay up :clap:
Green Army
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I don't know Nick what the club or us fans can do, other than pass on our condolence.
Formerly known as forevertufc
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Or start a thread perhaps?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

That's a bit harsh Brucie, from what I've read it appears this lad had a heart attack on/near sixfields roundabout, don't know how old he was, but he had what is believed to be his son with him at the time, some stories emerging of some Northampton and York fans going above and beyond to help this man, well done to them all I say, and shame the outcome wasn't different.
Formerly known as forevertufc
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Yes tragic no doubt. Awful thing to happen. I remember someone passing away on the popside before a game.