how many games Torquay united have you watched

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
bornagull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: matt elliot

how many games Torquay united have you watched

Post by bornagull »

At yesterdays game a couple of guys in the pub mentioned that it was very strange how certain people on this site are always logged on when we are playing. So today I thought I would look this up, and yes there are many this season, Westbay gull and supernickyrowe, to mention a few, seem to always be on line when we are playing. Perhaps they log on from the game, or do these people just never go to any of our matches? It just seems odd to me how anyone can comment on the team, match, tactics etc when they are not watching the game.
And just to start it off my first match was vrs Aston villa 1970/71 season aged 6 and for my sins still follow the yellow army
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

I have been to every game this season home and away!
HeavenAndHele
First Regular
First Regular

Post by HeavenAndHele »

This is only my second season going to matches (after a couple of seasons following the team's progress on the FLS and online). I made it to 2 last season, 8 this (7 home, 1 away) plus a friendly in between, and I'm going to try to make it to the 2nd leg of the play-off semi final. I'd like to make it into double figures next season and make it to 2 or 3 away matches as well. Even though I live very close to Plainmoor I also work a lot of weekends so can't make it to a lot of the games I'd like (missing Plymouth at home was particularly painful, although I got to see the away game).
Northumbergull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Watson
Location: Widdrington Station, Northumberland (hence the monicker)

Post by Northumbergull »

Borna

These days, mostly 'cos of being skint, but also because I'm living in exile 450 miles from Plainmoor, as well as the fact that none out of Darlo, Pool, Carlisle, York etc have been playing in our division recently, I ain't seen us since we won last at Wembley. I barely make it onto the boards either as I work a lot of weekends.

But, I was signed into the old Junior Supporters Club by my dad on the day of my birth in 1960 and was a regular until I left the bay in the late 70s. So, I always err on the side of caution these days when posting any comment apart from encouraging the team or our fans. I am no less a supporter for my no attendance, I feel.

Hoping you're not about to grade levels of support.

Cheers

Bruce
Northumberland Gulls, we drive south to all the games!
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Dear bornagull,

Without wishing to sound spikey, may I suggest you go through the matchday threads from this season and count how many I have contributed to this season? Barely a handful. And because, due to my dire financial situation, I have not attended matches this season, I think you will be hard pressed to find any comment from me regarding the current squad/tactics/state of the pitch/ballboys/Gilbert.
I shall also be grateful if you would list the qualities required to be a 'real supporter' allowed to air any opinion about the Club, so that I may assess whether I do qualify - I would hate to take up any more of your valuable drinking time by posting on a forum when I'm not supposed to.
Many thanks and big yellow hugs to you,

westy
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Oh dear, we really are going to have to start insisting that new people sign up and read the board for a month before posting.

Arriving here and using your first post to start a pointless and stupid thread, then populating that thread with a post having a pop at two of our favourite and most respected members will get you shot down like a lost messerschmitt over wartime London.

Take some time, do some learning, make valid input. Either that or piss off, you won't be missed.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Yeah yeah DP and all that...

If we end up there, will you make Wembley, Jane?

Matt.
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

ferrarilover wrote: two of our favourite and most respected members
Been on the beer goggle juice at such an early hour Matt???? Bless you o:)

I am hoping to get to Wembley, but being the type that salutes magpies ( and doesn't check live tables...), I don't want to think about it just yet. But yeah, I missed the Greavsie final, don't want to miss another
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Naming members wasn't very fair of you Bornagull. There are many reasons why some of us cannot go to games. I don't comment on player specifics and tactics because I only get to go to the away games that are local to me. But If I listen to Gullsplayer, read match reports or delve through a few forums I could learn enough to form an opinion and would be entitled to give it, regardless of how many matches I attend.

My opinions may not hold so much water as those of members who regularly attend matches, but they should be no less respected.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Early hour Jane? It's 2230 in Mexico City!

Should probably point out that I'm in Hillhead :'(

Extra hours at the pub and NO MORE SHOES and you'll be there.

Matt.
tattooedjackass
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by tattooedjackass »

Being in the forces i can't make all the games and to be fair you don't need to go to every match home or away to be a fan, some of us can't afford it or have family prioritys first. i wish i could make every game but its just not possible for me and many others. but i will listen, follow online or try my hardest to get there and in my eyes that makes me a fan, i follow them if they go up i follow them if they go down, there my team and i will follow them to the grave no matter what!
My Life To Live!
COYY
oliemarles
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by oliemarles »

As a student, I'm able to get to every home game but only a handful of away games. But I'm a shareholder and yes I've been Gilbert so that must get me a few extra marks?

B+?
Procrastination is what built this world today! Sorry, I'm dribbling on...
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Ive been to every game this season in the leage and both FA Cup games and Southampton in the League Cup. Missed the JPT game at Cheltenham though.
Stoke_Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Stoke_Gull »

I try to get to as many games as I can and this season I've seen about 6 or 7 including my first visit to Plainmoor for the match against Crewe since a 3 - 2 win against Rushen & Diamonds back in 2007 but to say that I have no right to comment on any aspect of the team because I don't drive 4 1/2 hours down to Torquay every week is absurd. The people on here do a fantastic job of keeping me informed during matches, they're better than the BBC live text.
HeavenAndHele
First Regular
First Regular

Post by HeavenAndHele »

Stoke_Gull wrote:The people on here do a fantastic job of keeping me informed during matches, they're better than the BBC live text.
Totally agree with this, many's the time I've been at work hitting F5 on a matchday thread, then seeing a string of 'Yes!'s and 'Get in!'s 5 or 10 minutes before the BBC put the goal up...
Jason