A big well done to Torquay United once again.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
alps-16
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

A big well done to Torquay United once again.

Post by alps-16 »

Today I tryed to book 4 spaces with the travel club to go to Swindon, only to be told that i couldnt book because they were full. Were 2nd in the league, playing the team that are top of the league and starting what could potentially be a genuine start to having a crack at winning the league and were turning away fans?
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

its probably to do with that it ma just be the four of you that need then extra transport and the travel club will probably need more.
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
alps-16
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by alps-16 »

yeah i guess but i thought the club would want to be dragging fans to Swindon
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

yeah i agree, its about 25 quid on the coach each so for 100 with 4 of you could be petrol money if someone will drive?
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Steve Breed runs the travel club, it's nothing to do with Torquay United so I don't see why you trying to book a seat last minute should be their fault?

If you had enough people to book an extra minibus then I'm sure he would have helped, but if he needed that minibus just for you to sit on don't you think the cost would be prohibitive?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
robbotufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by robbotufc »

Steve Breed does a great job at organising running coaches or mini buses for our away days i usually drive to the few away matches i go in the footie season but for tonight match i decided i want to go by coach and what do i do phone him up early last week to book seats for myself and 2 mates,so its a matter for you to organise yourself better, then to blame Steve Breed... :clap:
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Thats the risk leaving it so late. If more people phoned up earlier I'm sure there would be more coaches/mini bus laid on to get as many surporters to the game tonight as possible.
Jaxx_Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Jaxx_Gull »

I was going to say the same as Alex, surely leaving it until the day before the game, especially with it being such a big game you must have realised that the chances are there probably wasn't going to be 4 seats available.

Steve Breed is a legend
LOVE.LIFE.LIVE.TUFC.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

As I recall, Steve doesn't get anything for running the travel club, right? I mean, I'm sure it's frustrating but if those 4 people mean that he'd have to get another bus, that's not something he can do this late on.

Steve Breed riding around on his moped is one of the things that has always made me laugh, even to this day - 6 years and 3000 miles away. Almost as much as when I see a big dog with its head out of a car window. Same expression, too.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

alps-16 wrote:Today I tryed to book 4 spaces with the travel club to go to Swindon, only to be told that i couldnt book because they were full. Were 2nd in the league, playing the team that are top of the league and starting what could potentially be a genuine start to having a crack at winning the league and were turning away fans?

Errr,, think your on a loser there mate. Should give it up if I was you?
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Steve Breed does a fantastic job in running the Travel Club. For future reference alps-16, if you know that you are able to attend the game, make sure that you phone Steve a few days before the day of the game.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.