Club Badge

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
NotStickingItIn
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Club Badge

Post by NotStickingItIn »

May I suggest in these times of a complete reset that we change the double upside down victory badge (or whatever one wishes to call it), it really hasn't served us well.
Perhaps we could turn it the other way up or perhaps we could look at the previous club emblem for inspiration.
Either way it would be an income generation for new sales.
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by The Great Muta! »

Thought the club crest from 84 to 86 was the best, with the palm trees, I didn't even mind the blue kit,
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

NotStickingItIn wrote: 13 May 2024, 19:14 May I suggest in these times of a complete reset that we change the double upside down victory badge (or whatever one wishes to call it), it really hasn't served us well.
Perhaps we could turn it the other way up or perhaps we could look at the previous club emblem for inspiration.
Either way it would be an income generation for new sales.
We've had the "gull in flight" logo for nearly fifty years now, so it's served us in good times and in bad. I quite like the 70s vibe of it. Don't know if a new logo would necessarily bring in new sales. You'll always get people objecting to a change
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Oh God please don't remind us of the Dave Webb era with the palm trees and Chelsea kit !
We did have a blue kit in the sixties for one or two seasons but at least it was with yellow socks and a gull in flight logo.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

I do not see anything wrong with our logo.....at least it is a reminder of better times, when we had an excellent squad. It should be retained, although those that have only supported in this century may have different views because they have not known a winning side, apart from odd seasons.

I use to like Yellow shirts, Blue shorts and Yellow socks, we looked good and we're good.
CornishGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CornishGull »

My preferred badge was the one used from 1977 to 1984 which has the 'Gull's in flight' logo incorporated into the Torquay cost of arms shield.
The 'Gull's in flight' logo has been used since 1968 and is synonymous with this club and should be kept if only for traditions sake.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

The original was best but had to be changed ? due to copyright issues??
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

The current club crest isn't good in my eyes, it looks just like the Motorola phone symbol, what exactly is it?, the Dave Webb era was bad, mainly because the club were skint and lower league football at that time wasn't good, but I still really liked the palm tree badge, I'm not saying I enjoyed the Dave Webb era, but I do think some of players we had at that time were better than fans realise.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

The Great Muta! wrote: 13 May 2024, 23:07 Thought the club crest from 84 to 86 was the best, with the palm trees, I didn't even mind the blue kit,
:rofl:
Absolute shocker.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 14 May 2024, 10:48 :rofl:
Absolute shocker.
That's a bit harsh... The crest was good, the kit wasn't that bad, the era was shit with us badly struggling and football (lower level) really in the doldrums, gates,grounds,standard of football at that time wasn't good but this was up and down the country..
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

The Great Muta! wrote: 14 May 2024, 10:42 The current club crest isn't good in my eyes, it looks just like the Motorola phone symbol, what exactly is it?, the Dave Webb era was bad, mainly because the club were skint and lower league football at that time wasn't good, but I still really liked the palm tree badge, I'm not saying I enjoyed the Dave Webb era, but I do think some of players we had at that time were better than fans realise.
I get the confusion with Motorola. But we came first.....

Our logo is obviously a stylised seagull in flight made up of a pair of overlapping chevron-like shapes.

Motorola is an M, like the golden arches of Macdonald's. I think they're different enough.

Any change of logo/rebrand will cost money and has the potential to piss people off.

Better to stick than twist imho
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

The Great Muta! wrote: 14 May 2024, 10:54 That's a bit harsh... The crest was good, the kit wasn't that bad, the era was shit with us badly struggling and football (lower level) really in the doldrums, gates,grounds,standard of football at that time wasn't good but this was up and down the country..
Well, I'd say harsh but fair. ;-)
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Please no! No change to the badge.

My local team had their badge 'rebranded' recently from a version of the town's coat of arms to a monstrosity that looked like the Starbucks mermaid wearing a skirt and holding a volleyball with a pair of 'crab' hands... and as one supporter spotted it looked like a pair bollocks either side of her head...yes, it's that hideous.

So. Leave it alone!
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

They should use my pic as the new crest, a jigsaw to show that no matter how many times bad owners pick us apart, we always end up back together again. :lol: :-D