Potential New Strikers?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

stevegull wrote:All right guys... I'll tell you my source:

BBQ Sauce.

I'll be here all week
Please feel free to leave early!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I have an idea, Supergulls and ROADRUNNER, how about posting what you have heard on the rumour mill after all thats what it is there for, perfectly safe as those who do not like rumours will not read it, and others will not hold you to it, or take it it seriously.

Then we can see who gets the closer to the truth.
Formerly known as forevertufc
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

yellowsmiffy wrote:I'm happy with Jarvis and Yeoman personally, I think they are both as good as most of the utter bollocks players in this division. I would love Akinde, but not if it's going to cost us a packet. This season is dead, and although I agree that we need to keep the numbers coming through the gates, i'm not sure someone like Akinde would make that much of a diference to that if we're still getting the poor results, which I fear we would.

I think I'm starting to agree. It's not like we've been playing well and are in a good run of form, we haven't and we aren't. We should take this opporunity to try something different. If Yeoman is as good a finisher as everyone says he is then give him the opportunity to prove himself.
Or, try something radical. Go for pace and skill, play Bodin, Craig, Macklin & Thompson as a front four.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

yellowsmiffy wrote:I'm happy with Jarvis and Yeoman personally, I think they are both as good as most of the utter bollocks players in this division. I would love Akinde, but not if it's going to cost us a packet. This season is dead, and although I agree that we need to keep the numbers coming through the gates, i'm not sure someone like Akinde would make that much of a diference to that if we're still getting the poor results, which I fear we would.
Me too. What's the point in having them here if they are no good? Send them and tell them keep Rene on the bench, prove to me that you want a contract. If we bring someone in their moral will get hurt. I want to see Cruise given a run as well.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

no rumours chaps, fact, lets see at the end of the season eh, rene is having talks about a new contract that is ongoing, fact! he may stay he may go , that we wont know yet, and there will be a clearout of that we can be sure. lets just wait and see, im sorry but i cant put up my source i would love too but i would be very unpopular with certain people.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Lingy try something radical Phil? That's not gonna happen mate!

I agree though with most sentiments and like smiffy says, if the season is dead in Lings eyes then give Yeoman the opportunity. If the season is dead when we're a few points off a play off spot if we won our games in hand and Ling has accepted this then i would like to see him leave in the summer. I accept the constraints he has to work woth but without skinting ourselves, if there is still a chance to have a go at something then take it until it is there no more. IMO if he has accepted this is now a dead season then we're going down.

I wonder how many of our out of contract players like Howe will sign then? Just for a lack of motivation from management and board who have adopted a 'see and hope' mentality they are putting all their eggs in one large basket. I hope i don't come on here in May wanting a gigantic omelette because there may be plenty to go around.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

It also breeds apathy from the players too. They could have subconciously accepted that there is no help coming in terms of extra players to add to the squad and so they just need to see this season out and everything will be fine in the summer. After all, the players have been largely poor for most of the season so what difference would another couple of months make? If they have that in the back of their minds and we get dragged in then we are going down. It's the mindset of some of these players that Ling has killed off and they look like robots. Like Manse said on BBC sport , this squad is a lot better than what it's shown and needs to find more. Ling IMO is not motivating the team and his own lack of application and ambition has seeped through the team so we have a mentality to just get through to the end of the season.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I would quite like to see Akinde given a go. There is some stent potential there, perhaps in the way the way there was with Rene Howe before he joined us. As for Benyon, I was never a fan when he was here before. The little he has done since leaving us have or convinced me otherwise.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

hector wrote:I would quite like to see Akinde given a go. There is some stent potential there, perhaps in the way the way there was with Rene Howe before he joined us. As for Benyon, I was never a fan when he was here before. The little he has done since leaving us have or convinced me otherwise.
players are never quite the same or as good usually when they come back for second or even third spell anyway. especially not players we've had on loan who looked quite good, then they sign permanently and are a big let down. :whistle:

:scarf:
Last edited by chunkygull on 07 Feb 2013, 17:28, edited 1 time in total.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

hector wrote:I would quite like to see Akinde given a go. There is some stent potential there, perhaps in the way the way there was with Rene Howe before he joined us. As for Benyon, I was never a fan when he was here before. The little he has done since leaving us have or convinced me otherwise.
Totally agree with that view, Akinde for me :-D
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Benyon is playing for Southend (reserves) in an Essex Senior Cup match tonight, so any move for him is looking less likely to me. Either way, highly unlikely to be involved for us on Saturday if he were to sign anyway.

I guess we will find out tomorrow whether we have managed to bring anyone in. If we don't do anything tomorrow then I doubt we'll see anyone in for Tuesday's game either ... which means all the talk of waiting to bring someone of better quality in to cover for Rene's suspension when it happened rather than before ... will all have come to nothing.
Last edited by CP Gull on 07 Feb 2013, 20:45, edited 1 time in total.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I'd take Akinde if we could get him in.
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

austrianandygull wrote:I'd take Akinde if we could get him in.
Deffo, he has always looked like a right pain to play against. Kind of like Rene without the goals! At 23 years of age, we would be remiss if we didn't at least consider him.

I liked Benyon, but he isn't what we need in a 4-3-3.
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

it was Jeff Goulding who did not want to locate down to the westcountry as he was a target and Elliot benyan is on too higher wages so unless Sturrock would be sensible and negotiate then elliot is another target we tried but were unsuccessfull...