New home shirt

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
njgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by njgull »

Hey, finally something club-related I can participate in from way over here in America. And I was actually planning on buying a shirt next year too so this is a choice of critical importance. I'm inclined to go E. But I'm willing to be bribed.

I'll now go read today's matchday thread and bang my head against the wall.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

I'm 37 and voted G because I like the style more than the others. Even without the historical significance.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

dont talk wet steve.[/quote]

Ah, classic Yorkshire turn of phrase Super! :bow:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

dont talk wet steve.[/quote]

Why don't we just get a replica of Barnsley's ( or even Leeds ) kit. :na: :na: :clap: :clap: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

whats that got to do with the gulls new kit?
i cant see a replica barnsley one in the vote - otherwise id have obviously voted for it...........
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

[quote="SuperNickyWroe"]whats that got to do with the gulls new kit?
i cant see a replica barnsley one in the vote - otherwise id have obviously voted for it...........[/quote]

I was rather hoping that you would write something amusing to divert our attention from the cr#p weather & Xmas shopping. :) :)
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

stevegull wrote:I'm 19 and i voted A. G is history and should stay as such. As i said earlier, it's the only one in the selection I wouldn't buy.

People who voted G need to take off the rose-tinted specs and realise that it is not the future of the club. Kits have moved on, and so should you.
I'm 31 and G is the only kit i would buy - and i stopped buying replica kits years ago! I reckon it could do the club well as kids buy the kits anyway and us rose-tinited-oldies might decide to start buying them again.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

I'm 31 and G is the only kit i would buy - and i stopped buying replica kits years ago! I reckon it could do the club well as kids buy the kits anyway and us rose-tinited-oldies might decide to start buying them again.
:O
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

DevonYellow wrote:
Fair enough DevonYellow. I can see the merits behind bringing out a kit that might get some of the 'older' generation to buy them again. However, this style of kit is unlikely to attract a new generation of fans that our club desperately needs.

As with most things, we need to find some middle ground to keep the older, loyal fans happy as well as something youngsters wouldn't mind wearing to their football training!

I am also very pleased that our club is one of the few that is holding a poll to let the fans decide. It should mean more fans get a kit they like (even if I won't this time!) and ultimately result in more kits sold!
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

although i read this site a lot i have'nt posted a message in a very long time but this is a subject that really winds me up. our teams shirt is always a symbol of our identity,a representation of the club and also a big commercial opportunity for our club. I have felt that we have not had a decent home shirt for years,in fact most have been appalling. here is a chance to actually have a say and choose what we want for a change.i cannot believe so many are choosing G. we have had this kit twice already and both times then it wasn't great.i didnt rate it in 91 and even bought the purple and white shirt instead. definitely there is a feeling of rose tinted glasses for some because of the 91" play off final. don't forget though the following year it was our home shirt and we were relegated. the year after that we were poor also. when the kit got ressurected about 12 years ago im sure we had a rubbish time as well.wasn't it the home shirt during the season we had our last day "great escape" at barnet.i am 37 by the way.we need to have something new.something smart like f or different like c. there is definitely a conspiracy having 6 similar designs to split the vote and one completely different.G is even put on its own away from the others in the paper.the club are always likely to have what they want.as for the rest of the kit don't even get me started.absolutely sick of looking at all yellow. with blue shorts it looks smarter and breaks up the yellow just right. and whoever thinks that putting white in there somewhere looks alright they need to have their eyes tested.every time we have added a bit of white in it just does not look right. it likes like a really tacky kit from some of those obscure teams in the europa league. we are yellow/gold and blue and thats it. why are we wearing white socks this season, with the rest of the kit yellow it looks dreadful. it makes our kit look like one of the worst in the league.it looks like no thought has gone into it and the kit has been chucked together. it looks like we have forgotten our correct socks and had to borrow a set last minute . if we insist on white in our kit then at least for maybe commercial, publicity and novelty value we should go for a brazil kit, yellow shirt,blue shorts and white socks. if we did have a brazil i would then suggest shirt A or B.just picture it and you will get what i mean.please everybody vote sensibly.would you actually buy and wear G. I voted F :scarf:
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

chunkygull wrote:although i read this site a lot i have'nt posted a message in a very long time but this is a subject that really winds me up. our teams shirt is always a symbol of our identity,a representation of the club and also a big commercial opportunity for our club. I have felt that we have not had a decent home shirt for years,in fact most have been appalling. here is a chance to actually have a say and choose what we want for a change.i cannot believe so many are choosing G. we have had this kit twice already and both times then it wasn't great.i didnt rate it in 91 and even bought the purple and white shirt instead. definitely there is a feeling of rose tinted glasses for some because of the 91" play off final. don't forget though the following year it was our home shirt and we were relegated. the year after that we were poor also. when the kit got ressurected about 12 years ago im sure we had a rubbish time as well.wasn't it the home shirt during the season we had our last day "great escape" at barnet.i am 37 by the way.we need to have something new.something smart like f or different like c. there is definitely a conspiracy having 6 similar designs to split the vote and one completely different.G is even put on its own away from the others in the paper.the club are always likely to have what they want.as for the rest of the kit don't even get me started.absolutely sick of looking at all yellow. with blue shorts it looks smarter and breaks up the yellow just right. and whoever thinks that putting white in there somewhere looks alright they need to have their eyes tested.every time we have added a bit of white in it just does not look right. it likes like a really tacky kit from some of those obscure teams in the europa league. we are yellow/gold and blue and thats it. why are we wearing white socks this season, with the rest of the kit yellow it looks dreadful. it makes our kit look like one of the worst in the league.it looks like no thought has gone into it and the kit has been chucked together. it looks like we have forgotten our correct socks and had to borrow a set last minute . if we insist on white in our kit then at least for maybe commercial, publicity and novelty value we should go for a brazil kit, yellow shirt,blue shorts and white socks. if we did have a brazil i would then suggest shirt A or B.just picture it and you will get what i mean.please everybody vote sensibly.would you actually buy and wear G. I voted F :scarf:

We played in this on that day!
Last edited by Richinns on 21 Dec 2012, 12:16, edited 1 time in total.
TUST member 328
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

THAT was an awful kit but what a game!

The best day - I was lucky enough to be in there (so many left outside that day)

G all the way for me!
Last edited by Richinns on 21 Dec 2012, 12:18, edited 1 time in total.
TUST member 328
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I voted G, because this shirt has a collar, it has class, it's not so much OTT as the others, and so it will never look dated or go out of fashion. No contest, really. Simple. The only thing lacking is long sleeves..!!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Gullscorer wrote:I voted G, because this shirt has a collar, it has class, it's not so much OTT as the others, and so it will never look dated or go out of fashion. No contest, really. Simple. The only thing lacking is long sleeves..!!
Agree - good man!
TUST member 328
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

I prefer the stripes too.
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint