Torquay United v Cheltenham Town - 17.5.12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Mav
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Mav »

tattooedjackass wrote:Can't beleive someone said Jarvis was awfull he played his heart out last night and went for a hell of alot more balls than Tai did, his headers were fantastic and only that there keeper had a cracking game or we would have been 2-0 up, i for one hope we keep Jarvis and have him and Rene up front!
I also thought he went thrrough a huge amount of work last night and was pretty effective considering he spent most of the time up front on his own. The system we play is reliant on the two playing wide to be up in support extremely quickly for it to be effective. Rene Howe does this job superbly, so it makes other players look less effective. jarvis would be more suited playing up top with another striker, he has the mentatlity and the skills to bag a decent number of goals per season. There has been several occasions where I have read responses up here from certain individuals who talk out their a*** most of the time on here. I was going to respond but rememberd that if my point view isn't theirs, then I clearly have to be wrong.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Make that 3, Mav. Jarvis has something about him, would like to see him here next season.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
kittiwake
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by kittiwake »

[quote="Southampton Gull"][quote=

Don't worry. I like Tai and think a bit of positive man-management along with some confidence and he could be a good player for us. He's shown me enough in pieces that he has the ability, with a good partner in a 4-4-2 he will score goals.[/quote]

Thanks Dave - I have noted your supportive comments along the way. Incidentally I love your sense of humour at times too.
I think you have totally hit the nail on the hesd with your comments on man management and confidence. Tai needs to be playing 90 min per week for the match fitness and confidence that brings.

Well it's been a really enjoyable season as a Torquay fan and I find it fascinating to see how Tai brings out such mixed opinions. He has certainly been frustratingly inconsistent but it is those who dismiss him as totally useless who annoy me a tad!

Let's see what next week's talks bring! I may well be moving to yet another site!
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

One player we really could have done with last night is Billy Kee.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

You're absolutely right Nick, it was a point I made in the car on the way home.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

kittiwake wrote:

Let's see what next week's talks bring! I may well be moving to yet another site!
I hope not but if you do, make sure you come back to remind us what we're missing ;-)
Dave

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

NickGull wrote:One player we really could have done with last night is Billy Kee.

What good would a £20k player be? ;-)

I actually thought about him when I saw mention of how we undervalue players.....................
Dave

portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I was really proud of the team last night. Huge effort and no luck at all. As we all know in professional sport the margin between success and failure can be incredibly small.
I am so looking forward to next season as I believe Martin Ling knows he only needs 3 or 4 players, the right ones, to make us a very formidable team.
I was impressed with Jombati for Cheltenham. He was at Sporting Lisbon at one time.
Given the huge financial problems in Portuguese Football Martin Ling would be well advised to look at Portugal for talent.
Many players this season did not get paid!!. Seriously I am not joking.
Terrific technique,skill,well coached loads of very good players.
I go to all home games of SC Olhanense in Portuguese Premier League. Apart fromthe top 6 most clubs only get 1,000-3000 gates.
Wages are poor except for big clubs, Benfica, FC Porto ,Sporting and Braga.
How about it Martin?