swindon town v torquay united - 20/3/2012

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

As previously stated,a defeat wont be a disaster tomorrow night. We did the hard work in my opinion against Rotherham(is that another manager we have got sacked this season, albeit a game later). I dont want to appear negative, but resting Lathrope Tuesday might be the best approach so he can be fully fit for Saturday and the remainder of the season. If we can come away injury free, red card free and lose that would be fine. But........this kind of pre-match talk happended before the Crawley match and look what happened there...This is Torquay. But it will be typical for it to go to the 93rd minute against Hereford to decide our fate(98th minute if no police dogs get involved) :nod:
Lucy
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

I'm sure I read somewhere on one of the forums that they're expecting 10,000+ tomorrow. For everyone going tomorrow, sing loud and proud and who knows, tomorrow we could be a point off top spot!!
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

lucy6lucy wrote:As previously stated,a defeat wont be a disaster tomorrow night. We did the hard work in my opinion against Rotherham(is that another manager we have got sacked this season, albeit a game later). I dont want to appear negative, but resting Lathrope Tuesday might be the best approach so he can be fully fit for Saturday and the remainder of the season. If we can come away injury free, red card free and lose that would be fine. But........this kind of pre-match talk happended before the Crawley match and look what happened there...This is Torquay. But it will be typical for it to go to the 93rd minute against Hereford to decide our fate(98th minute if no police dogs get involved) :nod:
totally agree, i'd give Nathan Craig some game time tomorrow at some point as well, however if we rest Lathrope i think we should play 4-4-2. Give Tai 70 mins against a quality team and see how him and howe can play together, especially after both of them scoring on Saturday. If it doesnt go to plan then we have Jarvis and Mcphee who can give us more attacking options.
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

If we dont have Lathrope avalible I'd put Morris in Lathrope's role and put Craig or Atieno on the wing.

I would say McPhee but I feel we need a good passer of the ball in that position for this game.
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular

AlexGulls wrote:If we dont have Lathrope avalible I'd put Morris in Lathrope's role and put Craig or Atieno on the wing.

I would say McPhee but I feel we need a good passer of the ball in that position for this game.
Is that you admitting that some parts of Mcphee's game isnt up to scratch? :lol: .. i'll post this on the FB page ;-)
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by AlexGulls »

As much as people over react to my opinions of McPhee I always admit weather he was any good or not. When he was in the Lathrope role he was good at the defending side of the game but his passing lacked that quality that Lathrope has. Wheras Morris is a very good passer of the ball and I think (could be wrong) he played that position against Sheffield United and done a decent job there aswell.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I think Manse played in the hole v Sheff U Alex but i could be wrong too!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

The midfield (whichever shape they played) looked good at Sheffield Utd. The blades passed it around an awful lot but made little headway, as the midfield worked so hard. I wouldn't be upset to see that line-up, although I'd imagine it would be Jarvis taking the forward role rather than blooding Nathan Craig if we were to go that way.

That said, McPhee did have a loan spell at Swindon earlier in his career - its one thing to have an ex-player score against you, but when that ex-player is McPhee..........
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Whatever TUFC line up is named for tomorrow's match, in Dinger I trust. :clap:

Whatever "w*nker" starts the game/comes on to the field of play from the bench, they are OUR "w*nkers" and the real w*nkers in the TUFC support need to get behind ALL of our players in the final 9 games.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular

Jeff wrote:The midfield (whichever shape they played) looked good at Sheffield Utd. The blades passed it around an awful lot but made little headway, as the midfield worked so hard. I wouldn't be upset to see that line-up, although I'd imagine it would be Jarvis taking the forward role rather than blooding Nathan Craig if we were to go that way.

That said, McPhee did have a loan spell at Swindon earlier in his career - its one thing to have an ex-player score against you, but when that ex-player is McPhee..........
Stranger things have happened!
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I think Di Canio is half-expecting a defeat for Swindon this evening. He is saying that the result is less important than the players performing at their best!

Injured Swindon defenders Paul Caddis and Nathan Thompson I think will hardly be missed as Swindon have a large enough squad. Expect Bodin and Rooney to play in this game because they are ineligible to play in the JPT on Sunday.

I have a gut feeling the Gulls will win this one..
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Awayday »

It may have already been said, but I scanned through. This is a no pressure game for our players as Alex and I were discussing last night. I think we have the advantage in that case. All the other clubs near us are willing for a draw, and to be honest so are 99% of the Yellow Army.

We just need to make sure we are as loud as we can be, and if the stewards make us sit down, we need to stand our ground. What are they going to do if over 50 of us remain standing. It pisses me off when Swindon makes us sit down, but allows their own fans to stand behind the goal.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Gazzableedsgull wrote: totally agree, i'd give Nathan Craig some game time tomorrow at some point as well, however if we rest Lathrope i think we should play 4-4-2. Give Tai 70 mins against a quality team and see how him and howe can play together, especially after both of them scoring on Saturday. If it doesnt go to plan then we have Jarvis and Mcphee who can give us more attacking options.
Change the formation for a big game like this?! That's what Buckle did in the Playoffs against Exeter! Would stick with what we know really, desperate for Damon to pull through though..

EDIT: preview of the game in my signature.. :)
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

exilegull wrote:Good to see Di Canio helping with club unity in the run up to our match!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17432968" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sounds like he's talking about the Swindon 'Brucie'!
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084