How will you welcome Bucks back next season

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

How will you welcome back Bucks to Plainmoor next season?

Polite applause
27%
Try to ignore his presence
34%
Boo Him all the way back to Bristol
39%

Total votes: 70

GullsFan
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by GullsFan »

I will just act like it never happened, I don't care how Buckle is, just care about if The gulls smash Rovers.

The result is all the matters to me, next year might be harder than ya'll think.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

There was one option missing. I didnt see "Rough end of a pineapple listed.

Sorry Guys but Frank O'farrell is my best manager of all time for The Gulls and I bet he didn't have half the staff and resources Buckle did

And as our away Support has improved leaps and bounds with the noise they make I for One would absolutly Love it to bits if we could outsing them both home and away
Last edited by Glostergull on 30 May 2011, 15:51, edited 2 times in total.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Selfish git would probably get himself the sack the night before our fixture.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Boooooooooo!!

Good while he was with us, but treated the club, players and more importantly the fans with contempt. I mean, who with an ounce of intergrity would accept another job the week before such a big game? Why couldn't it wait until after???? The worst kept secret in football.

Paul Buckle, you are a self centered tosspot. I hope you get the sack by Christmas.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

The man had the best of budgets to get back into the League. After promotion it was disclosed that we took a huge financial risk which could have back fired.

IMHO our team tactics and performance levels only improved when John Milton arrived. However I will say that Buckle has been able tame some of the leagues more volatile players and get them playing football. Zeb, Branston and Stanley come to mind.

Good luck to Paul Buckle, lets hope that JM can also offer up a good replacment for PB along side a few other signings.

Given our sitution I would rather be playing League 2 (lots of derbies) with a new manager and with ground restrictions instead of League 1 with no budget, ground restrictions and PB having one eye on another club.

1st priority next season is to avoid relagation, hopefully with free flowing football rather than Hoof ball. :scarf:
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

Polite applause for me. Over the 4 years he's been with us the positives out weigh the negatives. The first year he took over us was an astonishing achievement and one i'll never forget.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

I don't care about the 'polite' over positives, he'll get a boo from me because of how his departure was handled. Football's a fickle game.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Parry wrote:Polite applause for me. Over the 4 years he's been with us the positives out weigh the negatives. The first year he took over us was an astonishing achievement and one i'll never forget.

Getting dicked at Plainmoor by Exeter was an astonishing achievement?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Southampton Gull wrote:Getting dicked at Plainmoor by Exeter was an astonishing achievement?
Made I larf! It certainly was astonishing... :rofl:
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

Building a team consisiting of 4 in to a promotion chasing team was remarkable.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Parry wrote:Building a team consisiting of 4 in to a promotion chasing team was remarkable.
With the budget and staff he had...?
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Parry wrote:Building a team consisiting of 4 in to a promotion chasing team was remarkable.

I'd say it was a lot easier than inheriting the team that got us relegated...................
Dave

Enzo
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Enzo »

I've heard Buckle say this several times. Bucks did well to get us out of the BSP BUT this four player thing is crap. We may have had four players, but we also had a budget to bring in players who were proven at the level he was playing - Ask 4/5s of the BSP Managers of that time and they would have happily have swapped positions. No dead wood to clear out and enough budget to bring in Hargreaves, Sills, Nicholson, Phillips, Todd.....and others. It was more or less a BSP select 11. Well done for persuading those players to come down here, but really this point is far too over played.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Trying to mould a whole squad together in a month or so is not easy. When you also consider it was his first season as a manager it must have been a fairly daunting task. Also for the first time in the clubs' history there was genuine expectation to do well and win something. We came very close on 2 fronts, but the ground work was done to build on it. You only have to look at much bigger clubs with bigger budgets that have seriously struggled in that league. Wrexham 1st year in playoffs, Oxford took ages, Mansfield haven't made the playoffs since going down, neither Grimsby or Darlo did either. We made playoffs on both occasions, going up in the 2nd.

Always felt with Bucks when he's made big tough decisions that would be unpopular he's done them and not be scared to make them and invariably they've turned out to justify him. Had the Woods saga, he was replaced by Robertson we went up, he let Todd, Sills and Hargreaves go, brought in some young lads we went from relegation fodder to an unbeatable side that set the groundwork for this season. This season carried it on playing a totally different style of football to what we did when he first turned up.

I understand the bitterness, anger about the timing of all of this. It does rankle with me that he's clearly spoken to them before our season is over, that's poor and shows a lack of respect for the people at TUFC who have been so good for him. But ultimately a manager should be judged on results. Love him or hate him you can't deny he gets results?! He's one of our most succesful managers of recent times if not ever. Yes he couldn't quite finish it this year in the final but I don't blame him for that, it's not as if he's told the players to lose, we just didn't play as we could on the day. But overall done a terrific job.

Him, the board, the staff and players have given me and you our club back and given us a team that's worth going to watch and support. For that I'll always be thankful to Paul and the management team as well as the current players. I genuinely wish him well at Bristol Rovers, when he returns I'll applaud him at first before supporting our boys to hopefully put one over him. It's football people move clubs, we'll move on.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Results.

Exeter - Lost
Ebbsfleet - Lost
Cambridge - Won
Crawley - Lost
Stevenage - Lost

Did I miss any? He chokes far too often in the big games where his tactical nous is invisible.
Dave