Bryn Consortium Take-Over

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
LikeaPatOutaHele
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: Pop side

Post by LikeaPatOutaHele »

bringbackthecowshed wrote: 11 May 2024, 18:19 All good apart from talking to TUST-Dont trust them
I don't wish to be critical, but really, grow up.
AdrianC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Chris Myers
Watches from: Pop side

Post by AdrianC »

I’m a member of the Trust, as I don’t live locally I can’t be active in it! However, giving each month makes me feel closer to those who are in a position to do really positive things for the club!

Please don’t aim criticism at those who are trying to help!
Griff1n
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Danis Salman

Post by Griff1n »

Interesting chat with Michael Westcott on BBC Radio Devon yesterday. Bryn hope to announce news of a manager on Tuesday afternoon. The interview starts after 6 minutes on the link:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0hsbzcl
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

bringbackthecowshed wrote: 11 May 2024, 18:19 All good apart from talking to TUST-Dont trust them
What is it with you and TUST?
You are a complete bell.
I'm part of TUST like many other supporters - and I'd TrUST any of us more than I'd trust you.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

LikeaPatOutaHele wrote: 12 May 2024, 00:55 I don't wish to be critical, but really, grow up.
:goodpost:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

AdrianC wrote: 12 May 2024, 01:09 I’m a member of the Trust, as I don’t live locally I can’t be active in it! However, giving each month makes me feel closer to those who are in a position to do really positive things for the club!

Please don’t aim criticism at those who are trying to help!
:goodpost:

TUST Member 468

gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

gateman49 wrote: 11 May 2024, 19:05 Are you trying a wind up? Who do you think TUST are?

They happen to be a sizeable chunk of fans. No more no less. If you don't trust the fans who do you trust?
Well, from the number of responses both on this thread and the 'Osborne gone' one, Cowshed has united us so well done I say.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

My understanding is that the consortium have been ramping up plans for the last few weeks

Manager is sorted and it's not Downes

Interesting couple of retentions for next season too if it comes off! Warnocks impact already telling :scarf:
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

gateman49 wrote: 12 May 2024, 11:01 Well, from the number of responses both on this thread and the 'Osborne gone' one, Cowshed has united us so well done I say.
Maybe he is Edwards in disguise. He finally achieved his “One United” dream..!
Griff1n
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Danis Salman

Post by Griff1n »

Doubt if Edwards has ever heard of the Cowshed.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

A big thank you to Griffin for posting the BBC Radio Devon interview with Michael Westcott which was broadcast yesterday.

I would strongly recommend that all posters on this Forum listen to the interview with James Richardson of BBC Radio Devon. It lasts just under 10 minutes and is excellent.

Every question was answered in a clear and precise manner and you could tell very quickly here was a man who chose every word carefully but honestly and did not duck any questions.

Neil Warnock will be a Director and Football Advisor but will not be in the Dressing Room or the Dug Out.

The New Football Manager will be annouced on Tuesday 14th May.

It seems like for 2024/25 we will have a mix of Full Time Pros and Part Time Players.

The Link is the 3rd Post on this page above. Thanks again Griffin.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Got to be Paul Wotton with Warnock's close relationship with him over the years.
Would expect a few Truro players, fine with that
Tyler Harvey 110 goals for them in 194 games.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Tyler Harvey has a good day job of which Truro are very accommodating of. He’s recently signed a long term (4 year?) contract. Imagine they’d want a good fee for him, can’t see it happening sadly!
The gulls are going up
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 12 May 2024, 10:38 What is it with you and TUST?
You are a complete bell.
I'm part of TUST like many other supporters - and I'd TrUST any of us more than I'd trust you.
Unfortunately, there is always a very odd sort of insecure fan who feels threatened by other fans “getting above their station”.
TUST member 203
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Well, a fantastic interview from one of the new owners, said everything he could and most of what we want and needed to hear. Honest enough to say they’re business men and not football men, but will have football men in place.

The highest budget in the league suggests its Warnock and the managers choice as to full/part time or a mixture. If some part time players are of a higher quality than some full time ones, then a hybrid mix could work very well.

No guarantee that the manager will be named on Tuesday, but it sounds as though it will be this week.

Very promising.