Bryn Consortium Take-Over

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Willowgull wrote: 10 May 2024, 11:56 Edwards and Hayman gone? :scarf:

The best news I've had in a long while 👌
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Griff1n
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Danis Salman

Post by Griff1n »

Hang on, the post from Willowgull ends in a question mark, so do we really know that this is happening ?
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Southampton Gull wrote: 10 May 2024, 14:41 The best news I've had in a long while 👌
Look forward to seeing you again then at Plainmoor Dave.....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

This is all very good news. After a season of disappointment, it feels like it could be a new dawn. Let's hope it materialises with some substantive summer activity.
Gull1899
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Gull1899 »

This all seems like great news. I hope we can stay full time though as if not its hard to see us past regional football level
NotStickingItIn
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by NotStickingItIn »

All very positive, fantastic news giving everyone hope and ambition. Thank you all involved.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Hells teeth! Is this as excited as you guys get.,! These gents have saved the club and all you can manage on here is a few begrudged acceptance half remarks. The future will no doubt provide some challenges for owners and fans alike but at least we now have a clear future. Let’s enjoy that before we look around for negatives. THANK YOU to the Bryn Consortium…
CornishGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CornishGull »

Dazza wrote: 10 May 2024, 21:43 Hells teeth! Is this as excited as you guys get.,! These gents have saved the club and all you can manage on here is a few begrudged acceptance half remarks. The future will no doubt provide some challenges for owners and fans alike but at least we now have a clear future. Let’s enjoy that before we look around for negatives. THANK YOU to the Bryn Consortium…
Can't say I've seen any negative comments on here. Sure you posted this on the right forum.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

CornishGull wrote: 10 May 2024, 23:00 Can't say I've seen any negative comments on here. Sure you posted this on the right forum.
:goodpost:

TUST Member 468

gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

This is exceptional news. THANK YOU Michael Westcott and co. Now the hard work begins and we start to move forward!

Supporter backing and patience will be crucial as we re-build.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Dazza wrote: 10 May 2024, 21:43 Let’s enjoy that before we look around for negatives.
Huh? Point out where anyone has been negative.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

This is indeed good news, of course we await the details however personally prefer our club to be in the hands of a group of supporters, than some millionaire with no ties who will either get bored, or want a big return on their investment.

This is likely to be a slow burn rebuild, we as fans have been given an opportunity to help build something really special here, the best way to thank the Bryn consortium is not forum posts, but to get down to Plainmoor and back the team, it's going to take time, but if enough fans back this, the club will get to where we all want it to be.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Great News, probably raises more questions than our situation before the take over but there now positive and exciting questions rather than desperate depressing ones.

We all knew GI’s intentions from the start given their track record but it still saddens me that charlatans like them and Robert’s can be deemed fit and proper people by footballing bodies to own football clubs.

Who is Hells Teeth anyway? Is she any relation to Helen Chamberlin (Hells Bells)
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by The Great Muta! »

What exactly will be Neil's duties?, I understand he's a football man, had a great career in the game, but if he's in the dug out, dressing room, or training pitch I could see this not working out..For me it's not exactly forward thinking nor is it original, he's got a link to the club from many years ago now, but he surely needs to ride off into the sunset and enjoy retirement, I don't see what he can bring to the table, if it was 15 years ago it would be a great choice, but sadly the game has changed, you cannot manage like you did 15 to 25years ago now, I don't think the type of old school players are out there anymore who'd respond to Neil's techniques, that isn't a pop at Neil before people get on my case, I'm just explaining that a great figure from the late 80's right through to the 00's which Neil was, I'm not sure it's going to work nowadays in 2024/2025, it could easily backfire.