Players Under Contract

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
PrestonGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PrestonGull »

Why do you need to know who is injured and how long they may be out for??
Yellow6
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Yellow6 »

DevonBee wrote: 23 Jul 2023, 16:23 Very well I think I was the 1st to post after the game yesterday at 16.59, the post was on the pre-season games as I try and post my correct answers on the appropriate subject 😉 COYY
Was it another PSF you commented on despite not having been there?…….again. Armchair expert?
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

Yellow6 wrote: 23 Jul 2023, 18:48 Was it another PSF you commented on despite not having been there?…….again. Armchair expert?
I no longer go to the pointless games, it is my choice I prefer the nitty gritty stuff when points are at stake.
I have a very expensive luxurious armchair where yeaterday I was able to view the golf and cricket, but was pleased that the boys got a good result, a shame there were not 3 points at stake, but thanks for your concern Yellow6
As a reminder this is a Player under contract thread...not the pre season games as a reminder to you
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Well because if you support a football team its interesting to know what is happening with the personnel - thats why alot of clubs actually post injury updates on their players.
In our case we actually even sign players on loan and they disappear and we are not even told they have gone. In the case of Dawson he seems to have disappeared without trace. He hasnt actually played a game yet so god knows what injury he has.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

It goes way beyond taking the piss out of the supporters
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by DevonBee »

PrestonGull wrote: 23 Jul 2023, 16:56 Why do you need to know who is injured and how long they may be out for??
It is called being a supporter Preston with respect. Have you never been in a ground before a game and wondered why such and such is not playing
and fans being curious and asking each other the question ? Maybe you haven't ...I certainly have.
Are you not that bit interested to find out where Dawson is...I can guarantee you most true fans of our club would like to know in my opinion.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by Midlandgull »

So currently our squad is looking like this:

Halstead (GK)
Lovett (GK)

Donnellan (RB/MF)
Craske (RB/LB)
Crowe (RB)
Martin (LB)
Moxey (LB/CB)
Tomlinson (CB)
Marshall (CB)
Thomas (CB - youth)

Hall (MF)
Lapslie (MF)
Dawson (MF)
McGavin (MF)
Hanson (MF)
Jenkins Davies (MF/CF - loanee)

Collins (LW/RW)
Stobbs (LW/RW)

Jarvis (CF)
Ash (CF)

That squad looks very good. Perhaps short of one extra winger and a centre-half. However, we have good versatility in the squad. If we can get Dawson and Moxey available the squad is really cooking. Plus we have 4x loans available to tap into if required.

Where would you strengthen right now?
zebgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by zebgull »

Agree with you Midlandgull, looks promising,

I think if Moxey isn't fit we def need another centre back as a priority. If we were able to bring in a couple more loans I'd go with a CB and winger, but it will also depend on whether GJ is planning a 3-5-2 or conventional back 4......
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Another striker definitely. Though the manager says Collins can play as a striker, would be worried if Jarvis and Ash were both out injured.
Donnelan can play central defence, also we have Moxey, Tomlinson , Marshall and Thomas
Marshall should be well capable of playing centre back in this league and Hall is another option. Maybe a winger but the squad is already 20, can't see many more coming unless
one or two who don't seem to have figured much go out on loan - Crowe/Hanson
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I saw Dean Moxey in the dug out at 2.45pm with Gary.
If he has knee surgery in May or June clearly he will not be risked until he is 100% fit to play.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

He was sat in a box behind us in the Family stand, with his wife.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

portugull wrote: 24 Jul 2023, 15:15 I saw Dean Moxey in the dug out at 2.45pm with Gary.
If he has knee surgery in May or June clearly he will not be risked until he is 100% fit to play.
If Moxey had a torn meniscus - the knee shock absorber - which is common in sport, full recovery from meniscus surgery can take anywhere from six weeks to three months plus the time it takes for match fitness..
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

If you are correct MellowYellow we may not see Dean until mid to late September.

That is why I think Dan Martin is a good signing to play left back. I always rated Dan lets hope he is really up to speed after long covid. Looked good on Saturday.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by Midlandgull »

If Deano is out till September and then requires time to get match fitness, a centre half addition will have to be a priority. We can't operate with two fit senior centre halves only.

Maybe a 3-month loan deal at centre-back could be the perfect solution.
dagglebert
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by dagglebert »

I agree that the squad looks much better than the first few months of last year. Potential weaknesses are an injury prone veteran midfield - Hall, Lapslie, Dawson are good players at this level but are unlikely to be ever present; and lack of cover at centre back. Lets hope for a good start and some good loans.