Players Under Contract

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

DerekDawkinsJnr wrote: 21 Jul 2023, 17:30 What's his style of play?

We're in need of someone who can get behind and put crosses in, imho
that's what we have Stobbs and Collins for, is it not?
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

and to complete the hat trick, Martin has also signed on.
The gulls are going up
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Why can't the club update us on Kevin Dawson
Dean Moxey and Ross Marshall or have I missed it ? Obviously injured but what are the injuries and when are they expected back ?
Why is there always this secrecy over injured players ?
GullsUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by GullsUnited »

desperado wrote: 22 Jul 2023, 08:01 Why can't the club update us on Kevin Dawson
Dean Moxey and Ross Marshall or have I missed it ? Obviously injured but what are the injuries and when are they expected back ?
Not sure on Dawson or Moxey but I spoke to one of the directors and apparently Marshall had an eye operation which he is very close to returning.

I agree that one of the post match question should be centered around injury updates to give us fans an insight into what's going on
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

New additions look promising, hopefully add competition to the dross that was. Thought Moxey had a knee op in the summer. More concerned about the Dawson silence, what is the secret ffs ?
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

The new additions do look good, Craske in particular will be good, he was very good when featuring for Truro last season, Ash is livewire, he'll run and chase down and maybe having a settled squad from last season will help with the continuity...I still do wonder about Marshall, Crowe,McGavin and Hanson, but perhaps these 4 won't feature much, I don't mean to be harsh but NLS maybe to much for them..All in all the signs are pretty healthy.
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

desperado wrote: 22 Jul 2023, 08:01 Why can't the club update us on Kevin Dawson
Moxey has had knee surgery
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

I know what you mean, GJ states that by telling the fans any form of "news" is showing your hand to other teams??, I know he's very tight lipped or at least the club is, but this non communication is pointless and it creates a barrier between club and fans, just come out and be transparent and explain, like I said a while ago, I hate "spin" I'd have a lot more respect and time for GJ if he was more honest, front it up and be straight with people, being so gaurded dosen't help
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 22 Jul 2023, 10:33 The new additions do look good, Craske in particular will be good, he was very good when featuring for Truro last season, Ash is livewire, he'll run and chase down and maybe having a settled squad from last season will help with the continuity...I still do wonder about Marshall, Crowe,McGavin and Hanson, but perhaps these 4 won't feature much, I don't mean to be harsh but NLS maybe to much for them..All in all the signs are pretty healthy.
Personally have not seen Craske as not bothered with the PSF, however reports look promising.
The 4 mentioned hopefully will not feature as you say maybe a few sub appearances if we are desperate.
Hopefully their agents can move them on , if any of them have any ambition of playing regularly.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

The silence around injuries is infuriating, its NLS for goodness sake. Are other teams really going to be fretting about who plays where for us as long as the player in can play in that position. Any spies watching us will see what players are out and our style of play anyhow.

We like to guess the team selection, formation or just like to know we have our strongest side out. This cloak and daggers stuff is ridiculous, just tell us, is Dawson out for weeks, months, the season.

Its obvious neither will be match fit/ready for the opening game unless they're rushed back, so just let the fans know!
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

Taelee73 wrote: 22 Jul 2023, 13:26 The silence around injuries is infuriating, its NLS for goodness sake. Are other teams really going to be fretting about who plays where for us as long as the player in can play in that position. Any spies watching us will see what players are out and our style of play anyhow.

We like to guess the team selection, formation or just like to know we have our strongest side out. This cloak and daggers stuff is ridiculous, just tell us, is Dawson out for weeks, months, the season.

Its obvious neither will be match fit/ready for the opening game unless they're rushed back, so just let the fans know!
The silence is pathetic, it’s a Johnson thing and his dinosaur management style. I am sure the Part timers in the Pasty League will not give a damn who is injured, but the paying supporters out of courtesy deserve better.
Hope for a positive performance today and will look forward to updates
ALTE
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ALTE »

Oii i wont hear all that negativity towards johnson...he knows what hes doing, look how much of an advantage the iron curtain of silence on available players gave us last season........ ohh wait.....🙄
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

Spot on DevonBee the silence is pathetic, GJ being all cloak and dagger,very evasive, he needs a reality check, this is 6th tier regional football against part timers..I think it's an ego or power thing myself, he could tell us all, but he won't, just my theory..Just Tell us about the njuries and give the fans updates, not much to ask.
teddiebear
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by teddiebear »

Well mr bee how did yesterday go then??
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

teddiebear wrote: 23 Jul 2023, 09:52 Well mr bee how did yesterday go then??
Very well I think I was the 1st to post after the game yesterday at 16.59, the post was on the pre-season games as I try and post my correct answers on the appropriate subject 😉 COYY